The Get Down on The Netflix

Cheese

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It came out today and Im giving it a shot. I starting off slow but picking up quick. Its about some kids growing up in NY during the birth of Hip Hop and showing how disco,peotry, Kung fu and shit helped start hip hop but morr a story about thr kids so far.

just finished part 1 and the last 30mins of it was awesome. such a great vibe when they finally intorduce Grand Master Flash and set the scene on how unground rap really was at the time

I'll peep this. Too bad Lil' Will Smif is in this, that kid just has a face made for punching.

Was interested in this til I saw the trailers
Doesnt look like what I expected it to be

just finished part 2 and while not as good as part 1 it keeps the story moving well enough. But there are alot of silly parts in part 2 that are way overboard.

Now I have to wait til whenev the hell Netflix wants to release the next parts.

Waching it as i type this, i like it so far. That poem was deep AF.

"Imma knock you out to sunday and wait for you on tuesday" LMFAO! Great line

"If i fuck up my pants im gonna kill you twice"

Gotta stop quoting it, but that was was awesome.

Last edited:
My little brother was talking to me about it, I'll check it out. I still need to get through Stranger Things.

Watched the first episode and thought to myself feels like a baz luhrmann work. Then saw his name in the credits haha

Oh it involves hip hop???

That's the Devils music. I can't watch that.

Honestly though I saw this and was interested in watching it. Perhaps I'll give it a shot now.

Looks pretty cool

I watched the first ep last night and thought it was one of the most original things I've seen in a long time. If it can maintain that level of quality, it should be a good watch.

Watched the first episode and thought to myself feels like a baz luhrmann work. Then saw his name in the credits haha

Damn, no shit. Baz is in the house on this one? I had no idea.

He's an interesting filmmaker, but he's also kind of hit and miss. I really liked Romeo + Juliet, for instance, but I could've done without Moulin Rouge or The Great Gatsby.

To be fair, I have never liked the Great Gatsby story regardless of what form it took though so he was already having to come from behind on that one.

He's an interesting filmmaker, but he's also kind of hit and miss. I really liked Romeo + Juliet, for instance, but I could've done without Moulin Rouge or The Great Gatsby.

To be fair, I have never liked the Great Gatsby story regardless of what form it took though so he was already having to come from behind on that one.

I loved Moulin Rouge, although the sheen has worn off through repeat viewings.

Didn't bother with The Great Gatsby.

Didn't bother with The Great Gatsby.
I liked romeo and gatsby, didn't care for Mulan. Haha

I liked romeo and gatsby, didn't care for Mulan. Haha

I tried to re-watch Moulin a couple of years ago. I figured I'd give it another shot since I hadn't seen it since catching it in the theater when it was originally released. I still didn't get into it.

Maybe in another 10 years I'll try again.

Shit is super fucking dope. I can't fucking believe they are making us wait a year for the rest of it

The completely unnecessary :eek::eek::eek: shit was a lil much, but that's my only gripe with it. Hopefully lil willy gets killt in an upcoming episode

Back