The Get Down on The Netflix

That's fucked up. Any explanation on why they're doing it that way?

there are story that the director broke the budget of a 13 part series in the first 2 epsiodes.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/the-get-down-netflix-baz-luhrmann-production-troubles-1201822679/

but it looks like it set up to be a 12 part series but no ones know the next release of them. @Dragonlordxxxxx might know the truth.

sounds like they are wrapped up but keeping thrm in the editing room.

The complexity of production and post-production contributed to the decision to release season one of “The Get Down” in two parts, a departure from Netflix’s binge-friendly strategy of releasing all episodes at once. Holland says the season-one storyline has a natural break at the end of the summer of 1977, and producers wanted to mirror that timing with the release. Principal photography on the 12 episodes is completed but for a few touches to be added to the later episodes; the second half of the season will drop in the first half of next year.

Aren't the first 6 episodes avail?

there are story that the director broke the budget of a 13 part series in the first 2 epsiodes.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/the-get-down-netflix-baz-luhrmann-production-troubles-1201822679/

but it looks like it set up to be a 12 part series but no ones know the next release of them. @Dragonlordxxxxx might know the truth.

sounds like they are wrapped up but keeping thrm in the editing room.

Good article, thanks.

It's interesting to hear about how even an experienced film director like Baz can get out of his depth in the world of TV.

I don't think I could work in TV. It sounds like a nightmare. Give me the relatively slow pace of film production any day.

I loved Moulin Rouge, although the sheen has worn off through repeat viewings.

Didn't bother with The Great Gatsby.
The great gatsby is cool if you drink while watching it.

I'll peep this. Too bad Lil' Will Smif is in this, that kid just has a face made for punching.

My interest in this just dropped a ton. I'll check it out when I get a chance.

Just watched episode 1, thought it was fantastic! I didnt realize it, but I was missing some Baz in my life.

About to start ep 2. Hopefully it can hold onto the momentum of the first ep.

I'll peep this. Too bad Lil' Will Smif is in this, that kid just has a face made for punching.

As soon as jayden smith started talking I shut it off. Sorry acting, plus they have him trYing to drop knowledge lol

Aw sheeet, look whos here, it's Paul Revere.
Damn, it was a slow sizzle that ended on some serious cooking. I was expecting the main characters to start being real effeminate but I guess it helps that the actors are like 30 years old. As someone who used to break, the music they dropped at the end had my toes curling. That was such a fierce ending. Haha.

You guys notice how they put sweaty looking makeup on Ezekiel when he's going through stress? It's a well done tell.

I lost all interest in the show once I found out he's in it. Why the fuck do people still cast him?

Just finished this, it was fucking awesome.

People avoiding this because of Jaden are doing themselves a serious disservice, it's a great show and he wasn't bad. The actual principles were really, really good, especially Justice Smith.

Absolutely loved the last episode.

Do you have to be into that rap music to like it? I've been hearing good things, but i it's centered on rap then I don't know how it will hold my attention.

How childish are you to turn it off due to Jaden Smith being in it? Holy shit.
He isn't very active in it either.

Back