Crime The Gabby Petito case.

Lol white people love this type of stuff , thats just the way it is. Wife's white as a ghost, this is her shit. All her girlfriends, the same. Her mom, the same.

Let's assume for the sake of argument that it's possible someone who murdered their girlfriend is still a "good guy". That person would have turned themselves in.

I understand your PoV but I think there are potential nuances to the story that could turn it grey from black and white. Let's entertain the possibility that her death occurred in defense during a domestic (same scenario as occurred with 911 domestic). Fleeing to his parents is a reaction I would expect. In regards to turning himself in, at this point, it seems likely he off-ed himself. That seems like submission. It's also possible he brutally murdered her because an ex-boyfriend texted her and is still on the run.

I'm not saying I believe either version. I don't know. But as I said above, the 911 callers were on the ball enough to take a picture of the van's license plate.

And I don't have difficulty believing that he slapped her considering he very likely killed her, left her body to rot, and then drove across the country like nothing happened.
I have zero qualms about believing him capable of it. And apparently he did much worse to her later on, although under which exact circumstance we may never know. However, the preponderance of the evidence, including both of their statements, police observations and video evidence shows that he was the one who had damage to his face consistent with what she literally admitted doing to him. She did not have any signs of being physically assaulted and they both denied that he assaulted her. I tend to go on the evidence rather than a value judgment or whatever.

Why does a pale, petite woman have ZERO signs of being physically harmed while a guy with a lean, muscular build and a tan does not. He had leathery skin, yet his face was all marked up, consistent with someone being hit and scratched like they BOTH consistently told the cops throughout the encounter, which you can watch on video.
I really don't put a lot of stock into what a couple tells law enforcement about domestic violence in these circumstances when neither are looking for charges. Maybe I've watched too much COPS.

The coroner ruled it a homicide.
BOTH autopsies ruled George Floyd's death a homicide, but that didn't stop people speculating that he actually overdosed because of the amount of Fentanyl in his system. Because tolerance to opioids is not a thing, LOL. The extreme ectomorph Kurt Cobain was able to shoot himself in the face AFTER taking a "fatal" dose of heroin. I think the former D1 athlete who was built like a tank could handle it. Probably got turned up like that all the time on that shit.

There is contradictory information from the domestic. I don't know if the witness is the 911 caller. The police report states in part:

"The driver of the van, a male, had some sort of argument with the female"

"The male tried to create distance by telling Gabbie to go take a walk to calm down, she didn’t want to be separated from the male, and began slapping him. He grabbed her face and pushed her back as she pressed upon him and the van, he tried to lock her out and succeeded except for his driver’s door, she opened that and forced her way over him and into the vehicle before it drove off."

"It was reported the male had been observed to have assaulted the female. No one reported that the male struck the female."

I think that some lines were crossed and the cops were given some bad info because that is a literal word for word transcript of the 911 call.

Funny how thousands of people go missing every year, but the media basically exclusively covers the ones involving white people. particularly white girls

Not their fault. People just really, really want to fuck hot, white women I guess. I prefer a little color but hey, who am I to judge another man's penis. Unless it's really tiny, of course.

I really don't put a lot of stock into what a couple tells law enforcement about domestic violence in these circumstances when neither are looking for charges. Maybe I've watched too much COPS.
Then look at the PHYSICAL evidence that he had been assaulted and the reactions of the officers who've been trained to deal with these situations and have lots of real life experience with them. They saw the evidence that pointed towards him being the victim in that incident, but gave her a pass, likely because she was a pretty young woman who they could relate to.

BOTH autopsies ruled George Floyd's death a homicide, but that didn't stop people speculating that he actually overdosed because of the amount of Fentanyl in his system. Because tolerance to opioids is not a thing, LOL. The extreme ectomorph Kurt Cobain was able to shoot himself in the face AFTER taking a "fatal" dose of heroin. I think the former D1 athlete who was built like a tank could handle it. Probably got turned up like that all the time on that shit.
I was responding to a poster saying don't jump to conclusions. The conclusion was already made. The coroner autopsied the bodied and determined homicide. That is literally the conclusion that was already made.

I understand your PoV but I think there are potential nuances to the story that could turn it grey from black and white. Let's entertain the possibility that her death occurred in defense during a domestic (same scenario as occurred with 911 domestic). Fleeing to his parents is a reaction I would expect. In regards to turning himself in, at this point, it seems likely he off-ed himself. That seems like submission. It's also possible he brutally murdered her because an ex-boyfriend texted her and is still on the run.

A reaction from a "good guy" would be immediate regret and turning himself in.

I was responding to a poster saying don't jump to conclusions. The conclusion was already made. The coroner autopsied the bodied and determined homicide. That is literally the conclusion that was already made.
I know and I agree. Was just pointing to another example of how people will speculate in order to conveniently fit their narrative or whatever. ;)

I think that some lines were crossed and the cops were given some bad info because that is a literal word for word transcript of the 911 call.

It seems they spoke to a witness on the ground who contradicted the 911 caller. The physical evidence aligns with the police report. In the video, one of the officers leads her as a way out of escalating the interaction to charges which I think is wrong.

Cmon man, there are plenty of mysterious disappearances with women who were last seen with sketchy boyfriends. The particular details of this one case don’t really matter, it’s more about the pattern of which victims always seem to get wall to wall coverage. There isn’t a magic formula but there are obvious patterns in what the media determines will get attention. Young attractive white girl is ratings gold, so the media pushes those stories. My hypothesis is that the main consumers of these media platforms are middle to upper class white parents and the fear of what could happen to their own daughters, plus the morbid curiosity of what kind of hellish nightmare a family similar to theirs might be going through keeps them glued to the tv’s and articles. That means great ratings and lots of clicks. These white families can’t relate in the same way to an urban black or Hispanic household whose daughter was killed or kidnapped, it doesn’t bring the same ratings. So the media doesn’t push those stories.

If you want to say it simply comes down to demographics, then fine. Where I pause, is putting a special "syndrome" around it, when the fact of the matter is that whites of all crimes get more coverage, and not necessarily just the pretty victims. So there's a "Missing White Woman Syndrome", but not a "White Serial Killer Syndrome", or a "White Mass Shooter Syndrome". That is where I believe the labeling falls apart, and the dissection of why these stories get more coverage is without merit. If you were to say that "white people get more coverage due to demographics", then I wouldn't object. It's the condescension associated with the "syndrome", as if to say that people only care about a story like this due to some unconscious racist bias, that I don't agree with, since the most heinous of white perpetrators also get the lion's share of the press.

It seems they spoke to a witness on the ground who contradicted the 911 caller. The physical evidence aligns with the police report. In the video, one of the officers leads her as a way out of escalating the interaction to charges which I think is wrong.
OK, thanks.

The link I posted is only a day old and it says:

"The call is significant as it seemingly contradicts a prior report written by police in which a responding officer had written that "no one reported that the male struck the female" and provides more information surrounding the events of that day."

But it makes no mention of the police getting more info from another witness. And this call actually does still contradict the police because they said that
"no one reported that the male struck the female" which is incorrect.

Yes it's missing white girl syndrome with how crimes against white women are covered more etc.

But this one has alot of intriguing circumstances and an easily painted villain in the boyfriend

Yes, I agree.

Crimes against black people hardly get any coverage. For instance, none of the legacy media covered the George Floyd killing.

<YeahOKJen>

A reaction from a "good guy" would be immediate regret and turning himself in.

I can envision someone considered good being scared and fleeing after killing someone loved but I'm not interested in arguing the definition of a good guy. People react to overwhelming emotional stimuli in a myriad of ways. However, I understand your ultimate point.

OK, thanks.

The link I posted is only a day old and it says:

"The call is significant as it seemingly contradicts a prior report written by police in which a responding officer had written that "no one reported that the male struck the female" and provides more information surrounding the events of that day."

But it makes no mention of the police getting more info from another witness. And this call actually does still contradict the police because they said that
"no one reported that the male struck the female" which is incorrect.

This has a link to the redacted police report in PDF form:

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/read-it...urbance-involving-gabby-petito-brian-laundrie

The responding officers found a witness on the scene who said the male was acting in a defensive fashion and the female was the aggressor. At best you have two witnesses contradicting each other. However, the party involved and the witness at the scene were spoken to separately and their stories aligned. That holds more weight than 911 passerby and involved domestic giving different stories. There is no clarification if the 911 caller is the witness, "Christopher".

Back