Crime The Gabby Petito case.

Too all the self loathing leftists blaming racism for the amount of attention she’s getting, you’re sick.

white families have more resources and general education to launch these difficult search campaigns. Also Gabby was presumed alive when the search was launched. So that garnered more attention too.

it’s unfortunate many black families lack resources to get this kind of attention.

The original title of this thread was "Why is this case getting so much attention?"
No one is self loathing. And no one was being disrespectful or dismissive of this girl's death.
You sensitive snowflakes get so triggered at people having conversations. The conversation was more nuanced than "You're racist!"

I understand. I heard about this a few weeks ago. Reading the news articles, there was no extended time element to this incident, correct? I think that's an important factor. Do you think it would have received more coverage if it was an equally attractive white woman with the same career? Truth be told, now that Gabby Petito is confirmed deceased, I think interest is waning. People want a resolution in terms of the boyfriend's whereabouts but the emotional element connected to finding the missing person has been resolved.
I believe it was just the weekend.
And I agree and acknowledge that the extended time element is definitely a driving factor, as far as interest goes.

As I said, I wouldn't expect a murder to get a week of wall to wall coverage, but I would've expected it to get a mention at least by Don Lemon or someone.
With 2.5 million followers and famous rappers publicly commenting on it, I think a white woman would've gotten a mention at least on prime time.

Reactions: MTT
Was this black girl missing for any significant length of time? It's the "missing" part that draws the eyes. Hundreds and hundreds of young white women are murdered and it never makes national news. If you were into true crime stuff you would know this.

Wasn't expecting to agree with your post, but this is true. On top of that, never knew your were a true crime homey too. I'm not above finding common ground with people I normally disagree with. Have a like.

Too all the self loathing leftists blaming racism for the amount of attention she’s getting, you’re sick.

white families have more resources and general education to launch these difficult search campaigns. Also Gabby was presumed alive when the search was launched. So that garnered more attention too.

it’s unfortunate many black families lack resources to get this kind of attention.

Ahhh so it is because of racism in the USA.............White Families have more connections thus they get more help, you know since black/etc are hated a bit more thus don't get these connections and because of racism they are more likely to be stuck in proverty........Thank you for admitting this.

It's obvious that the media loves these storylines....and color matters when selling these stories, as well as looks...I don't just think it's the media's fault, it's the people's too for wanting to discuss/watch this.

Disclaimer, I think murder is wrong you fucks, so don't try to spin my argument.

That said, I can understand this Laundrie dude losing control and killing his girlfriend. I think it's horrible, and him being capable of it puts him in a certain category for sure, you imagine someone with possible mental issues, or at the very least someone who is unable to control his anger or impulse.

BUT, I would argue that MOST of us are capable of losing control if pushed far enough, and as much as we don't like to think so, I believe most of us are capable of taking a life under the right circumstances. So while I would want to see him punished accordingly, and certainly go away for a long time, I can also admit that under the right (or wrong) circumstances I imagine I would not be immune to making such a mistake.

The part where I can not relate to this man whatsoever is his denial and refusal to own up to it. I mean he's standing there basically red handed, he's had how many days and weeks of driving across country to search his soul. And he couldn't find enough decency inside himself to at least man up to what he did and give her family closure. I mean even if he killed a complete stranger that should be the case, but the woman he supposedly loved? I cant understand that at all.

I guess someone might say I'm not taking into account all the shock, or whatever else you'll tell me he's going through, but I don't buy that crap. He's spend 20 something years of his life appearing like a normal well adjusted young man, so it's not like he's this confused mentally ill dude who doesn't know what he's doing. It would be more accurate to simply say he's just a coward who despite his outer persona really had very little going on spiritually.

But aside from the right thing to do, it was just fucken stupid. I mean he wasn't getting away with it, there was zero logic behind it, it just seems like some cowardly gene kicked in and no amount of self reflection was gonna shake it.

If you murder your girlfriend, your decency bar is at zero.

How often does logic come into the mix when a murder happens?

Hope he get's the chair. Eye for an eye. How is that for spiritual?

If you murder your girlfriend, your decency bar is at zero.

How often does logic come into the mix when a murder happens?
There are different categories of murders, just like there are different degrees of sexual assault.

Him murdering her accidentally because they were arguing and he pushed her and she hit her head on a rock, is not the fucken same as him taking her out to the woods to strangle her.

The part where I can not relate to this man whatsoever is his denial and refusal to own up to it. I mean he's standing there basically red handed, he's had how many days and weeks of driving across country to search his soul. And he couldn't find enough decency inside himself to at least man up to what he did and give her family closure. I mean even if he killed a complete stranger that should be the case, but the woman he supposedly loved? I cant understand that at all.
He obviously hates her and hated her in the end........Why in the fuck would he care about the closure of his family? Also knowing American law, he can easily go to court and by either having a great lawyer or good luck, he can be "innocent" or atleast not do that much time.

So the denial makes sense...If he admits it, he is 100% done....He still has a fighting chance by going to court.

I think he was being verbally and physically abused by a mentally ill person and snapped. She admitted that she was the one hitting and scratching him and his face was all fucked up while hers was fine. Cops gave her a pussy pass whereas he would have been thrown in jail if the shoe were on the other foot. Still, that cocksucker John Walsh tried to spin it as SHE was the one being abused by HIM and that the cops fucked up by not charging him at the time.

I'm not excusing his crime, of course. But I don't think he was just some evil abuser and she was the battered girlfriend. Other way around, if anything. There's a reason why his family is sticking by him. Probably because they know he's a good guy and not what the media is portraying him to be.

I think he was being verbally and physically abused by a mentally ill person and snapped. She admitted that she was the one hitting and scratching him and his face was all fucked up while hers was fine. Cops gave her a pussy pass whereas he would have been thrown in jail if the shoe were on the other foot. Still, that cocksucker John Walsh tried to spin it as SHE was the one being abused by HIM and that the cops fucked up by not charging him at the time.

I'm not excusing his crime, of course. But I don't think he was just some evil abuser and she was the battered girlfriend. Other way around, if anything. There's a reason why his family is sticking by him. Probably because they know he's a good guy and not what the media is portraying him to be.

The cops were there because of a 911 call. The people who called said that he was slapping her.

CALLER: "Uh, we drove by and the gentleman was slapping the girl."

DISPATCHER: "He was slapping her?"

CALLER: "Yes and then we stopped. They ran up and down the sidewalk. He proceeded to hit her, hopped in the car and they drove off."

DISPATCHER: "Okay you said it's a white van?"

https://www.newsweek.com/gabby-peti...-brian-laundrie-abuse-full-transcript-1631042

The cops were there because of a 911 call. The people who called said that he was slapping her.

CALLER: "Yes and then we stopped. They ran up and down the sidewalk. He proceeded to hit her, hopped in the car and they drove off."

https://www.newsweek.com/gabby-peti...-brian-laundrie-abuse-full-transcript-1631042
Callers don't know shit....How many times have people called reporting a crime, and an innocent person who was doing nothing wrong, gets killed?

Most people are white knights.....If they see any altercation between a guy/chick, they are siding with the chick 99.9% of the time regardless of circumstance...specially under these circumstances where you are driving around and don't quite get to see that well.

Let's assume for the sake of argument that it's possible someone who murdered their girlfriend is still a "good guy". That person would have turned themselves in.

Callers don't know shit....How many times have people called reporting a crime, and an innocent person who was doing nothing wrong, gets killed?

Most people are white knights.....If they see any altercation between a guy/chick, they are siding with the chick 99.9% of the time...specially under these circumstances where you are driving around and don't quite get to see that well.
These people seemed to be pretty with it. They were on the ball enough to take a picture of the van's license plate.

And do you really doubt that he slapped her? He killed her, left her body to rot, and then drove across the country like nothing happened ffs. I don't think that slapping her is outside of this guy's morals.

That is something to take into consideration. However, callers are often mistaken. Sometimes gravely mistaken. I'll rely on what the video shows, the officers' evaluation, BOTH parties' testimony which was consistent that SHE was hitting him, and the physical evidence that shows HIM all marked up while she looked 100% unscathed physically.

Petito was indeed a petite young woman. She weighed 110 lbs. He wasn't a thick guy but he was wiry and looked strong for his size. If he did that to her, I think the evidence would have been obvious. She's petite and pale, it's going to leave a mark. Instead, the guy who has thicker and darker skin is the one who gets marked up. That's quite telling.

Reactions: MTT
These people seemed to be pretty with it. They were on the ball enough to take a picture of the van's license plate.

And do you really doubt that he slapped her? He killed her, left her body to rot, and then drove across the country like nothing happened ffs. I don't think that slapping her is outside of this guy's morals.

There is contradictory information from the domestic. I don't know if the witness is the 911 caller. The police report states in part:

"The driver of the van, a male, had some sort of argument with the female"

"The male tried to create distance by telling Gabbie to go take a walk to calm down, she didn’t want to be separated from the male, and began slapping him. He grabbed her face and pushed her back as she pressed upon him and the van, he tried to lock her out and succeeded except for his driver’s door, she opened that and forced her way over him and into the vehicle before it drove off."

"It was reported the male had been observed to have assaulted the female. No one reported that the male struck the female."

How do we know she just didn't take some drugs and jump off a cliff. Boyfriend runs off because he is afraid he is getting in trouble because he gave them to her. She could have died of a lot of things. Let's not jump to conclusions.

That is something to take into consideration. However, callers are often mistaken. Sometimes gravely mistaken. I'll rely on what the video shows, the officers' evaluation, BOTH parties' testimony which was consistent that SHE was hitting him, and the physical evidence that shows HIM all marked up while she looked 100% unscathed physically.

Petito was indeed a petite young woman. She weighed 110 lbs. He wasn't a thick guy but he was wiry and looked strong for his size. If he did that to her, I think the evidence would have been obvious. She's petite and pale, it's going to leave a mark. Instead, the guy who has thicker and darker skin is the one who gets marked up. That's quite telling.

I'm not saying I believe either version. I don't know. But as I said above, the 911 callers were on the ball enough to take a picture of the van's license plate.

And I don't have difficulty believing that he slapped her considering he very likely killed her, left her body to rot, and then drove across the country like nothing happened.

Why does a pale, petite woman have ZERO signs of being physically harmed while a guy with a lean, muscular build and a tan does not. He had leathery skin, yet his face was all marked up, consistent with someone being hit and scratched like they BOTH consistently told the cops throughout the encounter, which you can watch on video.

Back