• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The future of Ciryl Gane is glorious.

He’s a point fighter without killer instinct

He dances around the whole fight and didn’t go for the kill in round 5 when he was down vs ngannou

Why put 10lbs extra on a frame that is used to fighting at around 240lbs? He’s already massive, 240lbs is a large heavyweight. Even at 260lbs which is what Francis weighs with a full belly, Francis is still going to Overpower him.

He is 245lbs now. And 250lbs off season if you follow him. I am suggesting a move to 255lbs and doing it properly with sports nutritonists and experts to ensure that weight on a lean main gain slight bulk is all muscle just about. He should want to go up in strength for sure and 5lbs to 10lbs in weight

He’s a point fighter without killer instinct

He dances around the whole fight and didn’t go for the kill in round 5 when he was down vs ngannou

Really I think thats the big negative, the grappling issue I think maybe in todays very grappling lite HW division wouldnt be such an issue if he had more ability to punish people standing.

He can finish of course but he doesnt really have the ability to pick out single shot finishes against opponents who arent well beaten already and without that it will I think leave the door much more open for someone like Bladyes.

He's in the up and up and will only get better now with vital experience he gained in his last fight. He'll make adjustments and implement what he learned to his game I have no doubt about it.

He'll be fighting for the belt again after two good wins.

Really I think thats the big negative, the grappling issue I think maybe in todays very grappling lite HW division wouldnt be such an issue if he had more ability to punish people standing.

He can finish of course but he doesnt really have the ability to pick out single shot finishes against opponents who arent well beaten already and without that it will I think leave the door much more open for someone like Bladyes.
But if he does beat Blaydes, it will be all the more convincing, as he will be the only one to really dominate him rather than just landing a big punch (although Ngannou did dominate Blaydesbin their 1st fight, but that wasa long time ago).

This thread used to be what most Sherdoggers thought of the guy :rolleyes:

Now he's a can and we never knew him <lol> Gane who? Jones took the easy fight <lol>

This thread used to be what most Sherdoggers thought of the guy :rolleyes:

Now he's a can and we never knew him <lol> Gane who? Jones took the easy fight <lol>
Nobody claims they don't know him and it was the easy fight. The one Heavyweight, while possessing great striking and moves around like a flyweight, also hits about as hard as a flyweight and got outwrestled by Ngannou.

I hate to use Schaub as a reference but he said before the fight that Jones would beat Gane with ease due to Gane admittedly not really training that seriously (doesn't train at all between camps) and how easily Ngannou was able to out wrestle him. Stylistically an easier fight than Stipe, only reason the Stipe fight might be easy is because Stipe is 90.

I'm sure many people wrote Ngannou off after how useless he looked on his back in the first Stipe fight, it's foolish for anyone to dismiss Gane at this point. I'm sure he's going to level his grappling up significantly over the next few fights.
Gane got outgrappled by Ngannou with a bum knee then looked like he never grappled in his life against Jones. You can’t train a lifetime of grappling overnight

MaGANEdov will be a force to be reckoned with.

He's a great athlete with good striking (for HW) in a terrible division, he'll be fine, Tom is always gonna be a big problem for him

I like Gane but his best shot at being champ was in the Ngannou fight. Even with preferential treatment hes unlikely to find himself in such a stylistically favourable position again. Jones already wrecked him and Tom, Jailton and Blaydes all bring a serious grappling threat. Pavlovich could potentially be a handful for him too.

Back