The Frank Mir Curse

FlyWin

Frank Mir on Headphones not given an f
@Brown
Reaction score
Ha, this was originally concocted by Sherdog user ycorrupt. I remember then sharing it on a popular facebook MMA forum and now it seems to have spread to mainstream MMA media. Quick note, I'll be making a mockumentary parody video of it soon so stay tuned. All credit goes to ycorrupt.

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/1/16/3880822/ufc-on-fox-7-frank-mir-curse-doom-daniel-cormier-mma

20120526_jla_ac4_709.0_standard_709.0.jpg

"Choosing Frank Mir as his first fight under the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) banner at UFC on FOX 7 on April 20, 2013 in San Jose, California, may have been the worst decision Daniel Cormier could have made.

It's not because of Mir's proficient submission game (see it here), nor is it because of his experience at the upper echelon (like this fight). Rather, it's because the former heavyweight champion is perhaps the most cursed man the UFC has ever seen."

I particularly liked the part where it said "Since both men were coming off a win over Frank Mir, but couldn't lose the same fight..."

Ah got it, if Cormier beats Mir, then bet the house against Cormier no matter who his next opponent is.

I could see it happening. Cormier definitely has the skills to beat Mir, but I wouldn't favour him against Velasquez, JDS, Overeem or Werdum. If he fights one of those guys after beating Mir, the "curse" could happen again.

The SHERDOG original thread was the one I was referring to. Needs a bump!

Cormier better watch it here. He wants to drop to 205 to fight Jones if he beats Mir. Hasn't he been warned by his doctor that weight cutting could be a serious threat to his health?

Brock got a career ending disease after beating Mir...don't act like the curse can't do these things.

Brock got a career ending disease after beating Mir...don't act like the curse can't do these things.

Well it obviously wasn't career ending if he had 3 fights afterwards, or are we talking about the death of "pre-diverticulitus" Brock because "motivated" BJ told me he thinks Lesnar can make a comeback

Mir's curse is dangerous. I don't know if we should be talking about it like this.

Well it obviously wasn't career ending if he had 3 fights afterwards, or are we talking about the death of "pre-diverticulitus" Brock because "motivated" BJ told me he thinks Lesnar can make a comeback

Brock was never the same after he beat Mir due to his diverticulitis. It definitely cut his career short.

Cormier just better watch it.

Brock was never the same after he beat Mir due to his diverticulitis. It definitely cut his career short.

Cormier just better watch it.

While it obviously didn't help his career I think it was the fact of his mystique being destroyed in the Carwin fight due to his lack of striking/defense and the fact he wasn't fighting fighters he could just bully in his last 3.

While it obviously didn't help his career I think it was the fact of his mystique being destroyed in the Carwin fight due to his lack of striking/defense and the fact he wasn't fighting fighters he could just bully in his last 3.

He won the Carwin fight by an impressive submission.

His mystique was in tact.

His bowels were not.

Lol I rememeber seeing the thread about this before the Mir JDS fight. I'm slowllllllly starting to become a believer. We'll find out if Black Fedor goes down after the Mir fight and gets smashed by Bones.

DC is fucked regardless. Either he gets subbed or after he beats Mir he gets his first professional loss as a MMA fighter.

Has anybody asked frank about this?

Frank is the curse real?
2ajx65k.gif

He won the Carwin fight by an impressive submission.

Against a guy that was out on his feet by his own doing by pounding on Brock for a full round. I know you're a big Lesnar fan but that fight was a precursor to how his last 2 went.

Quick someone tweet Bones that Mir called his mama fat so we could get Bones vs Mir.

Or it could be that the UFC considers Mir a gatekeeper and if they beat him, then they put the winner against tougher opponents next.

Back