• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"The first European to win a belt"?!

I didn't realize Gus was fighting for the title.

Those shows are made for casual fans.

Some posters in this thread are fkn retarded. Try to spin it all ya want, Bas Rutten is the first European to win a UFC Championship.

Some posters in this thread are fkn retarded. Try to spin it all ya want, Bas Rutten is the first European to win a UFC Championship.

They probably meant first European to win the LHW belt.

Pretty sure MMAddict just derailed this thread..

I have yet to watch the video, but im sure they dident emphasize the 'First Euro Champ at LHW.' part..
And they do have plenty of marks on leaving out big chunks of MMA history that did not occur in the UFC.

They gotten better on that though.

Pretty sure MMAddict just derailed this thread..

I have yet to watch the video, but im sure they dident emphasize the 'First Euro Champ at LHW.' part..
And they do have plenty of marks on leaving out big chunks of MMA history that did not occur in the UFC.

They gotten better on that though.

I didn't watch the video either, I was refering to the people talkin about Belarus is not a part of Europe and the "fact" that because Bas & Andrei trained some in the US somehow they are not European.

What do you expect. UFC will do almost anything to Market a fighter. They lie all the time. Saying Carwin is 6'5. Carwin was 12-0 with 12 first round knock outs. Nothing new here.

love the avatar hilarious

Jon

Jones is the youngest champ. Tournaments don't count for shit.

Tournaments should count as much as a title if not more,

especially tournaments like the Pride ones in which so many of the best fighters are involved in and so many fail yet one succeeds beating all the competition in his way and that competition in turn beat the other high level fighters and so on.

Its like saying Shoguns MW tournament win didnt count for shit,

Yet he ran through Lil Nog, Uber, Arona and Rampage.

Sounds like all guys that could have been contenders for a championship anyway.

Tournaments count just as much as Championship titles, only difference being is the fighters in tournaments dont have the benefit of months of prep for a single opponent.

Oh and they usually dont care about taking fights on 8 day notice :p

especially tournaments like the Pride ones in which so many of the best fighters are involved in and so many fail yet one succeeds beating all the competition in his way and that competition in turn beat the other high level fighters and so on.

Tournaments count just as much as Championship titles, only difference being is the fighters in tournaments dont have the benefit of months of prep for a single opponent.

Very good post, too many people dismiss tournaments as legitimate accomplishments. It's good to see that there are educated posters on here.

Belfort is the only one younger, and the "championship " he got in his youth consisted of beating trad telligman and Scott ferrozzo.

Look ar utfc 3 for an example of why those aren't real champions.

Huh, I guess Bas Rutten and Andre Arlovski never won

But then again Cain was the first mexican to ever win a title according to the UFC, so this shouldn't surprise me

Bas won the belt, but Kevin won that fight. Arlovski trained and lived in the US most of his career, i suppose they are saying it as Gus trains and lives in Sweden mostly. Whatever the logic its a joke, just like the way they burried Ricco's legacy! Pretty disgusting from the UFC, anything for a cheap buck.
lol you can't change the rules to reward lay and pray after the fact. And Rico is half Puerto Rican. Half chiuhuah half poodle doesn't make a poodle

Belfort is the only one younger, and the "championship " he got in his youth consisted of beating trad telligman and Scott ferrozzo.

Look ar utfc 3 for an example of why those aren't real champions.

They are still champions of their time,

Bendo also said he's undefeated for 6 years

I kind of let that slip as that can be explained as wishful thinking or something.

The show that straight out lies about facts, that is another thing. I

Back