• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"The first European to win a belt"?!

ShadFace

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Look at 21:30

They say that Gustafsson may become the first european to get a belt.
Bas did win one.
Andrei Arlovski held his for a few fights.
If I were to go far, I could bring up Oleg Taktarov when he was in UFC 6.

Don

Look at 21:30

They say that Gustafsson may become the first european to get a belt.
Bas did win one.
Andrei Arlovski held his for a few fights.
If I were to go far, I could bring up Oleg Taktarov when he was in UFC 6.

Don

It's like Cain being the first Mexican champ, Jon being the youngest champ and so on, they don't give a fuck as long as they think it can help sell the fights.

The UFC: Making up history as they go along.

They will say anything for views of some kind.

What do you expect. UFC will do almost anything to Market a fighter. They lie all the time. Saying Carwin is 6'5. Carwin was 12-0 with 12 first round knock outs. Nothing new here.

Nice troll attempt bro, everyone knows Russia is in Asia.

Bas Rutten is the first European champ, it saddens me that they don't remember this.

Isn't Belarus part of Europe, if so then Arlovski is another European UFC Champ.

Last edited:
Bas Rutten is the first European champ, it saddens me that they don't remember this.

Isn't Belarus part of Europe, if so then Arlovski is first European UFC Champ.

Belarus is in the Europe, but Rutten is still the first champ.

Good god you guys, let the shit go.

The phrase is "first _______ ever......that most people remember".

The line wasn't meant for you.

Isn't Belarus part of Europe, if so then Arlovski is first European UFC Champ.

it sure is. it's between Russia, Ukraine, Poland, Latvia and Lithuania.

I guess it's easy top forget about small former eastern block countries:rolleyes:

The UFC strikes again.

Also GSP is now 5'11, who knew lol

They are not planning on being aroiund like MLB, or some serious sports league with history and honor. They are about making money during their lifetimes, and presenting a decent product. They are doing what they set out to do. Some honor would be nice.

russia is actually a "eurasian" country. most of its land is located in asian, most of its population and important cities are in europe

most americans don't even know belarus exists, much less is part of europe. he should have said "western europe", although that wouldn't have worked either b/c of bas :)

Bas won the belt, but Kevin won that fight. Arlovski trained and lived in the US most of his career, i suppose they are saying it as Gus trains and lives in Sweden mostly. Whatever the logic its a joke, just like the way they burried Ricco's legacy! Pretty disgusting from the UFC, anything for a cheap buck.

Russia is in both Europe and Asia but the capital and 78% of the population is in Europe. Russia is considered a European nation as well.

It's origins also come from the Slavic Tribes of Europe. the Rus tribe that migrated north east to modern day Russia.

Shit they are even apart of UEFA and when they qualify for the World Cup they have to do it through a european group and they just played in the Euro Cup.

I know it's silly to use soccer as an example but obviously you don't see China playing in the Euro Cup, so I think it's valid.

And when AA was champ Belarus was not apart of the USSR, it wasn't around then.

Cain "born and raised in the USA and a US citizen his whole life, first Mexican champion" Velazquez

Back