The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift is underrated

One of my favorite guilty pleasure movies. It’s terrible but I always enjoy watching it.

Apparently the good looking gaijin girl did a lot of full frontal nude pics outdoors.

It's my favorite after the first one.

The movie sucks.

And it was hilarious how in one of the last FF they go back and talk to that country guy from Tokyo Drift and he looked old af.

Which film do they bring him back in?
I'm rewatching it now and forgot how great it is, 37% on RT? WTF? I'll take this over the Expendables/Jason Bourne/FF shit they're dishing out these days with The Rock and Jason Statham.

Maybe I'm just being nostalgic and a little bit bias because I love the Tokyo setting, but at its core this movie is just about a troubled dude who loves cars and wants to compete with the best. Yeah I get it, Lucas Black is somewhat of a mediocre actor, but he actually does a serviceable job here.

Anyone else dig this movie?

It is the best right after #1

I go

The original, this, and fast 5. We're the only 3 good ones.

Fast 5 should of been the ending of the series

It's the only fast and furious movie I like

Release the Tumbler in the streets of downtown Tokyo

FlickeringAbleDesertpupfish-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_nnadtpcKi61qd479ro1_500.gif

The scene where they drift through the busiest pedestrian crossing in the world is pretty retarded. but i enjoy it when it comes on tv.

All FATF movies are immensely overrated imo.
I agree with you but I have enjoyed Tokyo drift more than any of the others. Actually 2 fast 2 furious and Tokyo drift arey fav out of the ones I've seen. I haven't seen 8, 9 or 10. For the life of me, I don't remember 4,5,6 or 7.

Listening to Lucas black talk with what sounds like a mouthful of marbles the entire movie is my biggest issue.

Still use "Are you the Justin Timberlake of Tokyo?" to my friends sometimes...accent and all

I'm rewatching it now and forgot how great it is, 37% on RT? WTF? I'll take this over the Expendables/Jason Bourne/FF shit they're dishing out these days with The Rock and Jason Statham.

Maybe I'm just being nostalgic and a little bit bias because I love the Tokyo setting, but at its core this movie is just about a troubled dude who loves cars and wants to compete with the best. Yeah I get it, Lucas Black is somewhat of a mediocre actor, but he actually does a serviceable job here.

Anyone else dig this movie?

It really is but it seems supplentary vs cohesive. I liked it tbh.

Oh, revisiting history and bumping threads. Its definitely a little gem in the pack and has more character and heart than any of the new overthetop flashy ones. The intro and the music if anyone remembers is especially dope :D

And folks, for any semblance of realistic score dont check scores on RT, it always was beyond unrelieable/useless and has not gotten better. IMDb was always better,tho lately bots,studios,censorship skew everything.

Back