The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift is underrated

Lights Out 101

Living Deliciously
@Black
Reaction score
I'm rewatching it now and forgot how great it is, 37% on RT? WTF? I'll take this over the Expendables/Jason Bourne/FF shit they're dishing out these days with The Rock and Jason Statham.

Maybe I'm just being nostalgic and a little bit bias because I love the Tokyo setting, but at its core this movie is just about a troubled dude who loves cars and wants to compete with the best. Yeah I get it, Lucas Black is somewhat of a mediocre actor, but he actually does a serviceable job here.

Anyone else dig this movie?

It's definitely not as horrible as everything else post 2 Fast.

im not sure how many there are now, but its more tolerable than all the other sequels.

You're def not alone.

I'm one of the few who enjoyed Tokyo Drift.

I actually have it as the best film in this ridiculously drawn out franchise...lol...which is funny considering its pretty much a spinoff.

It's the only one I didnt watch. I can't take little bow wow seriously.

Highly underrated. The ones after that I feel are a different franchise.

The movie sucks.

And it was hilarious how in one of the last FF they go back and talk to that country guy from Tokyo Drift and he looked old af.

I think this movie has some of the driving scenes in the series. The dad story and lucas black were pretty bad, that dudes accent just kills his career.

I actually like the 4th one alot. Its a nice mix of old and new and they werent superheros yet. The story worked perfect for a F&F movie.

That movie, like most of the movies in that series, is fucking utter dogshit.

The only thing it accomplished was popularizing the term "Tokyo drift," which I always say when someone is trying to lame moves in their rice rocket.

It's awful but has some nice looking ladies in it.

Easily the best Fast and the Furious movie before the Rock joined the series.

This was the last FF that was actually about street racing. The franchise turned really ridiculous after this.

main problem is the lead 'bad guy' isn't intimidating in the slightest

sure he has 'yakuza' uncle, but I mean cmon. Maybe Bow Wow is getting chumped by him, but that's about it

I just dropped by this thread to see the names of people who like this franchise.

And judging them.

Back