The fall of Conor is pretty sad.

I agree he looks like he's about to kill himself

oie_26214921VQjb8cYX-696x392.jpg
You realize that rich and famous people suffer from all kinds of depressions and are probably more likely to commit suicide? No of course you don’t, you’re probably dirt poor and think that money solves all those issues.

By sad, do you mean glorious?

If so then yes incredibly sad.
LOL.

He talked all that shit, went overboard so he deserves all the blowback. I don't care about what anyone says about kicking him while he is down, etc. Gotta be man enough to take it if you dish, but that being said. A bit of me does feel like damn dude..You prostituted your legacy. You tried to do shortcuts, fight the cherry handpicked opponents, not do the requisite training, control the whole training camp, etc

Now you're on the floor. It's no shame in losing to Dustin, but crutches? I don't think cejudo had crutches. Going out like sean o'malley Idk man.

Only one time where he won was he the hammer, chad mendes. All the other time he had to be the nail, he lost.

Could be recency bias .I don't feel like he's a contender anymore. If dustin can tool up his legs, Gaethje is going to paralyze him.
A lot of that leg kicking has to do with Dustin fight being close stance matchup where Conor must defend outside of calf inverting his leg. Conor, as someone who stands sideways in a bladed stance, will have easier job checking kicks from orthodox opponents like Gaethje just raising a knee (see Alvarez fight). It also helps that Gaethje doesn't have Poirier's gass tank so Conor can fight at his pace much more straightforward.

Im just sad at how poorly he managed his career. If he actually would have dedicated himself properly to LW division he wouldnt have the pathetic 3-3 record in his last 6 fights Hes a better fighter than that.

I just can't muster up any sympathy for someone who's got that kind of money and is literally above the law, not at a time when millions are losing their businesses and life savings after being forbidden to make a living due to a virus with a 99.8% survival rate. Or people who had their cities and homes destroyed by large mobs of criminals who didn't even get charged, and were cheered on for this. Or men who literally had their lives ruined over totally false accusations by women without a shred of due process. Or anybody who died for reasons other than the virus in 2020 and treated like their deaths (and lives) didn't matter. Or anyone who's been cancelled from society for expressing the "wrong" opinion. Or...well, do I really need to go on?

Conor literally brought all this on himself, through his own free will choices. It would be more upsetting to see him NOT pay any price for it. And a violation of universal law.

He lost to Poirier. Hardly a fall. If he loses to Iaquinta, Kevin Lee or someone else on the fringe, that's when you can start talking about his fall.
Call me crazy but I think Al would be a tough fight fo Conor
Conor was always good but he was never unstoppable. The mainstream appeal blinded a lot of people just like it did with Ronda.

LOL.

He talked all that shit, went overboard so he deserves all the blowback. I don't care about what anyone says about kicking him while he is down, etc. Gotta be man enough to take it if you dish, but that being said. A bit of me does feel like damn dude..You prostituted your legacy. You tried to do shortcuts, fight the cherry handpicked opponents, not do the requisite training, control the whole training camp, etc

Now you're on the floor. It's no shame in losing to Dustin, but crutches? I don't think cejudo had crutches. Going out like sean o'malley Idk man.

Only one time where he won was he the hammer, chad mendes. All the other time he had to be the nail, he lost.

Definition of bitter right here. I’m not even a fan but the level of malice showed here even after the man got KO’d is pretty disturbing.

I think you’re being what’s described as a “mark”

Khabib fans truly are the worst in the world. They’re like MMA’s version of antifa. Crying about everything they themselves do more than anyone else.

He lost one fight against a legit opponent.
McGregor has 5 losses in professional MMA fights including 3 of his last 6 UFC fights.
  • Diaz submission loss
  • Khabib submission loss
  • Poirier KO loss
  • McGregor is 1 - 2 at LW (beat Alvarez, lost to Khabib and Poirier). The Diaz and Cerrone fights were in the WW (170) division.

Definition of bitter right here. I’m not even a fan but the level of malice showed here even after the man got KO’d is pretty disturbing.

I think you’re being what’s described as a “mark”
bitter about what?

bitter about what?

That’s what I’m trying to figure out. He already has been KO’d. Let’s get to the bottom of this.

8k posts since June. Obsessing over fighters... I think you need to get out more bud.

Im just sad at how poorly he managed his career. If he actually would have dedicated himself properly to LW division he wouldnt have the pathetic 3-3 record in his last 6 fights Hes a better fighter than that.
Yeah, he cut a lot of corners.

If conor got in a back and forth war, but lost I wouldn't have made this thread. Dustin is a formidable opponent, but he thought he was going to get a fast one on dustin as did many and he got blasted.

In some respect, its Karma(I don't believe in Karma) but its like damn look how you managed your career. Sure you made a lot of money but you're legacy is slowly turning into just above a journeymen like masvidal. He's won championships where masvidal hasn't. So he's just right above that.

As an athlete he will be fine. He may never be champion again but they will get him fights he can win so that they can make money off of him.
As a person, I worry about him

Dude has hundreds of millions of dollars, a young family and a banging wife and a hell of a career to be proud of, nothing sad about it at all.

Besides he isnt even done yet, had one bad fight and everyone is writing him off. He could very likely come back from this and get some big wins and even compete for the title again.

Last edited:
Whether you're a conor fan or not, Its pretty sad. I'm sure most of this forum was a conor fan at some point. The dude went from having exciting bouts to being knocked out.

As foe for Khabib, he was a good dance partner to have. The match up was like WM17 with the rock and Austin.

The sport is brutal.
Everyone has to lose eventually. Conors taken a loss but it's nothing like Rondas fall. Conor could have won that fight, it's not like he got dominated. He's not hiding from the loss either. He might make excuses like everyone does, but he's not hiding away and covering his face with a pillow.

That’s what I’m trying to figure out. He already has been KO’d. Let’s get to the bottom of this.
When you find out, let me know.

I'm not bitter about the outcome. I'm happy for the outcome. I just feel a little sympathy even though its not warranted for Conor.

Dude has hundreds of millions of dollars, a young family and a banging wife and q hell of a career to be proud of, nothing sad about it at all.

Besides he isnt even done yet, had one bad fight and everyone is writing him off. He could very likely come back from this and get some big wins and even compete for the title again.
Yeah I think it's ridiculous how so many people think Conors career is over and we're just done with him now. His last two losses have been to two of the best lightweights ever.

never forget what he did to aldo. poor aldo was humiliated by the ufc and conor during the build up. it's all karma. god is great bruh

Back