• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The f*** is ring rust?

SovereignPhantom

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I think fighters should take from the Diaz and Miocic wins that you should absolutely rest your brain more after a particularly grueling war.

It seems a lot of them find it hard to stay dedicated during time off, but from Cruz to Khabib to Nate to Stipe, I think we've all seen that when your head is in the right zone, time off can be utilized very effectively.

Just because these guys both won doesn't mean they didn't look horrible. Nate and Stipe were very sloppy tonight but their chins pulled them through.

Just because these guys both won doesn't mean they didn't look horrible. Nate and Stipe were very sloppy tonight but their chins pulled them through.
Okay I might have sounded overly enthusiastic; absolutely, taking time off has its drawbacks. This would be especially true if facing someone who's a bad style match-up. I just think after a grueling fight, there are clear upsides possible in taking a longer break.

Okay I might have sounded overly enthusiastic; absolutely, taking time off has its drawbacks. This would be especially true if facing someone who's a bad style match-up. I just think after a grueling fight, there are clear upsides possible in taking a longer break.
OH for sure especially after a ko. We see guys come back too fast and it can ruin their whole career. If Stipe came back before tonight he may have looked sharper but I doubt he would have survived those bombs. So I agree with you and honestly the drawbacks of more time off were outweighed by the advantages of it in stipes case tonight.

Miocic was getting his ass kicked... I don't care about the finish, he didn't look good and isn't an argument for or against ring rust

OH for sure especially after a ko. We see guys come back too fast and it can ruin their whole career. If Stipe came back before tonight he may have looked sharper but I doubt he would have survived those bombs. So I agree with you and honestly the drawbacks of more time off were outweighed by the advantages of it in stipes case tonight.
Agreed, he was absolutely sloppy in there but it surprised me that he was making adjustments in the 3rd and 4th, albeit to an old and gassed DC.

Back