Movies THE EQUALIZER 3 (Second-Best All Time Labor Day Opening, $70 Million Global Weekend Gross)

Doesn't count Denzel is fucking DENZEL he's a great cast in anything. Didn't make it woke. Now a overweight older female playing the role is definitely woke.

Queen Latifah is younger than Denzel and younger than Woodward when he played the character in the 80s series.

Also people complain about raceswaps being "woke" even if the actor was male and fit, so by that logic it still counts.

Last edited:
what would be more bad ass? the "Fequalizer" or "Diarrhequalizer"?

on the streets he would be known as the "Mudd Butt Murderer".

In the original TV series, Robert McCall was more of a private detective than a full on vigilante.
That's my main problem with this dumb series. They took an interesting premise and just made it into a generic beat-em-up movie.

I read the script for part one before it was filmed and it turned me off the series from the get go.

That's my main problem with this dumb series. They took an interesting premise and just made it into a generic beat-em-up movie.

I read the script for part one before it was filmed and it turned me off the series from the get go.

Funny how the Queen Latifah reboot is more faithful to the premise of the original series in that regard.

That being said, I do enjoy the Denzel incarnation, mostly because of Denzel himself and I do enjoy action movies but I do wish they used an original IP.

Queen Latifah is younger than Denzel and younger than Woodward when he played the character in the 80s series.

Also people complain about raceswaps being "woke" even if the actor was male and fit, so by that logic it still counts.
Denzel casting wasn't woke that was casting an all time bad ass actor for a bad ass role.. casting Queen Latifah was definitely woke AF I don't care what age she is it was done to appease woke culture = woke.

Wokeness is when you cast a role with intention of social messaging over who would be great in role. Denzel is one of goats at playing a bad ass like McCall. Not even near woke just a great cast.

Like Ginacarlo would be great as Magneto and Idris would be a great Bond. Imo wokeness isn't about skin color, sex, or pronoun shit it's when you castca show or write a story with social messaging at forefront of thought.

Denzel casting wasn't woke that was casting an all time bad ass actor for a bad ass role.. casting Queen Latifah was definitely woke AF I don't care what age she is it was done to appease woke culture = woke.

Wokeness is when you cast a role with intention of social messaging over who would be great in role. Denzel is one of goats at playing a bad ass like McCall. Not even near woke just a great cast.

Like Ginacarlo would be great as Magneto and Idris would be a great Bond. Imo wokeness isn't about skin color, sex, or pronoun shit it's when you castca show or write a story with social messaging at forefront of thought.

There wasn't much social messaging in the Queen Latifah show. I feel you're kind of talking nonsense.

If it was done to "appease woke culture" then that must be a big culture because the show was a massive success in viewership getting around 9 million viewers each season.<45>

Think I'll re-watch Man on Fire instead of a film I know I'll be disappointed watching.

Your parameters for wokeness are incoherent and self contradictory.

This film franchise was already kind of woke by having Denzel play a character who was originally white in the source material.

great point.

shame to see an all time great actor like Denzel reduced to being a diversity hire

Doesn't count Denzel is fucking DENZEL he's a great cast in anything. Didn't make it woke. Now a overweight older female playing the role is definitely woke.

IMO - it is worse because Denzel is such a great actor that he should be in an original movie. instead the lazy writers just added some woke stuff to existing IP because rather than write something new

EDIT: you do make a good point that when re-casting a role from existing IP, the casting should consider BMI as well. I think that is fair

There wasn't much social messaging in the Queen Latifah show. I feel you're kind of talking nonsense.

If it was done to "appease woke culture" then that must be a big culture because the show was a massive success in viewership getting around 9 million viewers each season.<45>

making shows that appeal to the audience does strike me as kinda woke

on the other hand, this has been enlightening because I had no idea that an Equalizer series with Queen Latifah (not even her real name btw - I just looked it up) existed. to also find out that it ran for years and had a big audience blows my mind

making shows that appeal to the audience does strike me as kinda woke

on the other hand, this has been enlightening because I had no idea that an Equalizer series with Queen Latifah (not even her real name btw - I just looked it up) existed. to also find out that it ran for years and had a big audience blows my mind

General audiences don't really care whether the media they're viewing is "woke" or not as long as they find some entertainment value in it.

She also probably weighs more than both of them combined;)

Last edited:
This thread went off the rails a bit lol, I saw this last night and it was ok. Denzel kills any role he's in for the most part and he did well in this. The bad guys were a huge miss for me and the classic found my place and now people are bringing out the old me plot was too predictable. The setting was excellent though and they were flexing with those scenic shots.

As annoying as the little brother was, he's the only one that really did anything and should have been the final bad guy, his brother had nothing to bring to the table as a lead bad guy

Back