Movies The Empire Strikes Back is the greatest sci fi movie of all time

Jack Handy jr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just watched it for what I’m guessing is close to the hundredth time over the past thirty years.

the Combat scene on Hoth
giphy.gif

Han out flying the tie fighters in the asteroid field
FreeSinfulIbex-max-1mb.gif

the best light Sabre battle in all the Star Wars films
333856a6481186d0ceebcdcb8259e94a.gif

the classical music score throughout that I’m sure made me smarter as a wee lad

and the most iconic line in any movie sci fi or other wise in “I am your father”....(chills typing that)
AbleTastyHartebeest-small.gif

So what sci fi movie realistically tops Empire strikes back?

Last edited:
Just watched it for what I’m guessing is close to the hundredth time over the past thirty years.

the Combat scene on Hoth

Han out flying the tie fighters in the asteroid field

the best light Sabre battle in all the Star Wars films

the classical music score throughout that I’m sure made me smarter as a wee lad

and the most iconic line in any movie sci fi or other wise in “I am your father”....(chills typing that)

So what sci fi movie realistically tops Empire strikes back?
Interstellar smokes it

It's not even regarded as Sci Fi by many Sci Fi fans and the director himself lol .. Fun movie but not even close to reaching Blade Runner levels.

EDIT: Also the famous line is a common Mandela Effect so a lot of people get it wrong cos he says “No, I am your father." not "Luke, I am your father"

Last edited:
@Madmick

bro...help me school these youngins.

I’m thinking a lot of you guys are going to disagree with me for arguments sake all the PhD level geeks in the berry surely I’m not the only one that knows ESB is the greatest ever...

and the first person that Mentions Avatar gets their geek credentials suspended

@Madmick

I’m thinking a lot of you guys are going to disagree with me for arguments sake all the PhD level geeks in the berry surely I’m not the only one that knows ESB is the greatest ever...

Y’all can hate on me all you want. I always felt Star Wars was overrated and drawn out much more than it needs to be for the story and content it delivers. Its frustrating for me to try and watch. Is it entertaining? Of course. Was it good for its time? Yeah. But it hasn’t aged well, I feels Star Wars fails like many other series from not having any real satisfying conclusion.

@Madmick

Perhaps the greatest Space Opera ever <Moves>

Y’all can hate on me all you want. I always felt Star Wars was overrated and drawn out much more than it needs to be for the story and content it delivers. Its frustrating for me to try and watch. Is it entertaining? Of course. Was it good for its time? Yeah. But it hasn’t aged well, I feels Star Wars fails like many other series from not having any real satisfying conclusion.
Nah dawg, the conclusion was great!
jyLeVvW.gif

Greatest SW movie, yes. Not best ever. Standalone films that are great don't have the benefit of the significant story that is created around a film in a trilogy or any series.

It's not.. "George Lucas himself declared that "Star Wars isn't a science-fiction film, it's a fantasy film and a space opera" in 2015."

I disagree with GL’s characterization of the Star Wars movies as a “space opera”

I mean... there’s literally no operatic moments in any of the films now we all know there’s classical music but no opera singing

and I’d consider Lord of the Rings in the fantasy genre..not Star Wars. though of course there’s some fantasy elements with the force in all. but still way more sci fi than fantasy

so to reiterate George is wrong

Terminator 2, the Matrix and Predator all take a dump on this movie, which is still the best Star Wars movie there is.

most will disagree with those three in comparison to Empire strikes back for rewatch ability,nostalgia, action, emotion there’s none better

Back