Economy The dow rises to top 37,000 first time ever yeah. Dark Brandon hits again!

Like I said, I don’t give a shit about GOP strategists. The hubris of believing this is the “best economy of all time” while the majority of Americans don’t even think it’s a good economy doesn’t bode well for the Democratic Party.

The issue is either they are literally the worst communicators in history or people’s experiences don’t fit into neat charts and graphs.

I believe your position to be so asinine as to border insanity. To say this is the best economy in American history when the average person can’t afford the average house or that inflation has pushed ahead of median salary growth or growing income inequality or there being a record number of people with multiple jobs — this doesn’t match your version of reality.

I think a prequalifier for a good economy is home affordability. This is one of the worst periods in American history based on that alone.
OK, you didn't answer the question. Why don't you think people should pay attention to the evidence? Or why do you think the numbers look so good despite Republican messaging being unquestionably (in the sense that you literally don't think it can be legitimately questioned) correct?

The fact is, the vast majority of Americans believe that the economy sucks. You're the one working with feelings, bud.

Personal experience > Charts and graphs.

What a load of absolute nonsense

Like I said, I don’t give a shit about GOP strategists. The hubris of believing this is the “best economy of all time” while the majority of Americans don’t even think it’s a good economy doesn’t bode well for the Democratic Party.

The issue is either they are literally the worst communicators in history or people’s experiences don’t fit into neat charts and graphs.

I believe your position to be so asinine as to border insanity. To say this is the best economy in American history when the average person can’t afford the average house or that inflation has pushed ahead of median salary growth or growing income inequality or there being a record number of people with multiple jobs — this doesn’t match your version of reality.

I think a prequalifier for a good economy is home affordability. This is one of the worst periods in American history based on that alone.
Rightwing JPM:

Contemporaneous positive economic data was enough to lift risk markets, which could be seen as complacency against a backdrop of declining consumer strength and increased credit stress (e.g. rising credit card and auto loan delinquencies). Household liquidity trends indicate that for 80% of consumers, excess savings from the COVID era are already gone, and by mid-2024 it is likely that only the top 1% of consumers by income will be better off than before the pandemic.

OK, you didn't answer the question. Why don't you think people should pay attention to the evidence? Or why do you think the numbers look so good despite Republican messaging being unquestionably (in the sense that you literally don't think it can be legitimately questioned) correct?
I think people rightfully base their impression of something on their reality. I don’t think you can show a person who can’t afford a home(the average American) a chart and convince them that the economy is the best in American history.

What a load of absolute nonsense
Where? Do the vast majority of Americans think the economy sucks? Yes. Are your charts and graphs convincing them otherwise? No.

But you know better...

Where? Do the vast majority of Americans think the economy sucks? Yes. Are your charts and graphs convincing them otherwise? No.

But you know better...

The "personal experiences > data" part.

Absolute nonsense.

I think people rightfully base their impression of something on their reality. I don’t think you can show a person who can’t afford a home(the average American) a chart and convince them that the economy is the best in American history.

When the truth is that the American economy is in shambles then it's hard to try and switch the narrative around. You can only do so much lying by using statistics.

I personally don't feel the president has much power over the economy outside of regulation but when will people learn that Wall Street does not speak for the average person. The 1%, corporations and CEOs are doing better than ever. Everyone is barely scraping by. The economy is only good for the people on top and there will be a crash and/or revolt like you've never seen soon.

Absolute nonsense.

The data is anything more than just manipulation and selective use of data part.

Absolute nonsense.

You wanna know why the DOW is rising when the value is expressed in amount of dollars?

money-printer-go-brr-jerome-powell.gif

About two-thirds of Americans live in homes they or their family own. Most renters aren't shopping at any given time. So your theory doesn't hold up. Further, I think it's pretty obvious that rather than evaluating the economy based on the evidence, you're shopping for metrics to justify the GOP narrative. But more generally, it doesn't even seem to occur to you that people think the economy is good because all the metrics that people look at to evaluate it show that it's good. And you aren't willing to even consider looking at evidence or the possibility that GOP messaging might be wrong.

Absolute nonsense.
No it isn't. Especially when the "personal experience" is trumping the "data". It's almost like data can be flawed, and miss some things. If the economy was truly great, most people would feel it. They're decidedly not. Now why is that? You can't blame it on "GOP propaganda" like Jackie would love to attribute it to, when the group who thinks it sucks is so vast, that it's one of the rare issues most American agree on. You're basically left with "People are just too stupid to know how good they have it", which I totally encourage you and the rest of the narcissistic Biden brigade to keep saying. Ride that Bidenomics train.

No it isn't. Especially when the "personal experience" is trumping the "data". It's almost like data can be flawed, and miss some things. If the economy was truly great, most people would feel it. They're decidedly not. Now why is that? You can't blame it on "GOP propaganda" like Jackie would love to attribute it to, when the group who thinks it sucks is so vast, that it's one of the rare issues most American agree on. You're basically left with "People are just too stupid to know how good they have it", which I totally encourage you and the rest of the narcissistic Biden brigade to keep saying. Ride that Bidenomics train.
Jesus Christ you get dumber by the post. Facts > wannabe maga American's feelings.

Jesus Christ you get dumber by the post. Facts > wannabe maga American's feelings.
You realize the majority of Americans including democrats say that they economic is fair or poor? I guess those are MAGA democrats.

Facts = The VAST majority of the country thinks the economy sucks. That's right, not just MAGA, but your blue haired buddies as well, along with the young, old, disabled, gay, POC, etc. I guess they're all just too stupid to recognize the greatness that is Bidenomics...

By all means, keep telling them that.

You realize the majority of Americans including democrats say that they economic is fair or poor? I guess those are MAGA democrats.
As a general rule, grouping middle and extreme categories is dishonest. I also think it's dishonest to not even attempt to explain why your party's messaging is contradicted by the evidence (I mean while still insisting it's accurate).

Facts = The VAST majority of the country thinks the economy sucks. That's right, not just MAGA, but your blue haired buddies as well, along with the young, old, disabled, gay, POC, etc. I guess they're all just too stupid to recognize the greatness that is Bidenomics...

By all means, keep telling them that.
Why do you say that?

Back