• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media The Dirtiness of Jon Jones exemplified by the Rampage fight

Oddmonster

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I did the rewatch of this fight because of a discussion with a guy in another thread. The writeup took some time, and I think it deserves his own thread (The fight is linked at the bottom of the post). So here we go

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I gave it a rewatch, and fuck, Jon was even dirtier then I remembered. I know what you (A jon Jones fan) are gonna say though -

1. It didn't happen
2. If it did happen it was not that bad.
3. If it did happen, and it was that bad, it is not Jones fault.
4. If it did happen, and it was that bad, and it was Jones fault, it was an accident.

But fuck it - here we go anyways for my own amusement-

The faults I put in here are those where he literally stabbed at Rampage with open fingers, not all the times he just has his hand out with open fingers waving towards rampages face (except at 17.34 because it is so damn blatant and lasts for 5 seconds) - 30+ faults. Hell, I gave up writing them up after 12 faults.
(Fight is linked at the bottom)

3.37 - Jones blatantly knees Rampage in the nuts
5.54 As soon as Rampage goes forward, Jon sticks his fingers in his face
6.03 Rampage block a kick and Jones immediatly stabs his fingers toward Rampages face to stop his momentum
6.37 Jones stabs his fingers in the air towards Rampages face
7.30 Stabs fingers toward Rampage
9.23 Jon legkicks and stabs at Rampages face at the same time
9.24 Rampage pushes forward - Jon defends by stabbing his fingers in rampages face
10.34 Jones kicks and stabs at rampages face at the same time
10.45 Rampage tries to push forward, Jones defends by stabbing his fingers in rampages face
10.47 Jon keeps distance by stabbing fingers in Rampages face
11.27 Rampage pushes forward. Jon defends by stabbing his fingers in rampages face and clearly hits him in the eye
11.59 Jones kicks and stabs his fingers in rampages face at the same time
17.34 to 17.38
22.01 (This one is a little iffy as it is hard to see if Jons fingers are outstretched - I am pretty sure they are though))

Basically any time Rampage tried to move forwards, he was met with fingers to the face. As Rampage said - As soon as you do something good, he pokes your eyes.

Rampage on Jon Jones -

jon Jones on his eye-pokes

Last edited:
I wonder if Ricardo Arona ever cried over the headbutt KO

Rubbin’ is racin’.

I wonder if Ricardo Arona ever cried over the headbutt KO
Yeah, let's try to divert attention towards an accidental headbutt that happened once, in one fight. It surely has to be the same as poking your opponents eyes 30+ times in each and every fight you have ever been in. Not a stupid take at all.

Reading way to much into the Jones is a cheater thing….

Calling Jones a cheater is absolutely pathetic

He tool’d Rampage EVERYWHERE in the fight. He didn’t need to cheat at one point in a fight he’s clearly dominating. Same with the Glover fight. There wasn’t a point in the fight where he’s losing and needed to do anything to gain an advantage.

Last edited:
Yeah, let's try to divert attention towards an accidental headbutt that happened once, in one fight. It surely has to be the same as poking your opponents eyes 30+ times in each and every fight you have ever been in. Not a stupid take at all.

Lol, he punched him twice after that accident!
<Grimes01>

Are you telling me that Jones poked him 30+ times? You are tripping.

He tool’d Rampage EVERYWHERE in the fight. He didn’t need to cheat at one point in a fight he’s clearly dominating. Same with the Glover fight. There wasn’t a point in the fighter where he’s losing and needed to do anything to gain an advantage
I agree, he didn't have to. Yet he cheated from start to end.
Lol, he punched him twice after that accident!
<Grimes01>

Are you telling me that Jones poked him 30+ times? You are tripping.
The video and the writeup of his pokes is right up there. But as I said -
"
I know what you (A jon Jones fan) are gonna say though -

1. It didn't happen
4. If it did happen, and it was that bad, and it was Jones fault, it was an accident."

He tool’d Rampage EVERYWHERE in the fight. He didn’t need to cheat at one point in a fight he’s clearly dominating. Same with the Glover fight. There wasn’t a point in the fighter where he’s losing and needed to do anything to gain an advantage
Honestly, this makes it worse. Jon is the better fighter but he lacks the confidence to do it without roids and blantant cheating like eye pokes.

His insecurity is kind of depressing considering how much he achieved. He'll cheat against opponents that he is clearly better than and he'll be battling out with 12yr olds on instagram calling him a "ducker" and he'll respond like "I am a world champion, my life is so great thats why I am replying to this post by a child calling me ducker at 4am"

Last edited:
Heres the problem T.S

This fight took place in 2011...
The rules then didnt actually have fingers out as a penalty...

That change came in 2017...

So most if not half of these are not Infact fouls
...at the time of the bout...

https://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/...ce-and-changes-to-mma-unified-rules-explained

Heres an article talking about the new rule change this was several years after this fight...

Before this change there was no foul for having your fingers out towards your opponents face...

Just saying...Jones is obviously acting unsportsmanlike doing this...

But foul it was not unless blatantly shooting it forward like a strike...which he has done in fights...

From the article above

Extended fingers
Eye pokes have been a topic of controversy lately. They are fight-ending, career-damaging illegal maneuvers. Under the original rules, referees could do nothing about it until it was too late and the poke was already landed. The new rules empower referees by making it a foul to extend your fingers outward toward an opponent's face, which could lead to an eye poke.

Previously, a referee could tell a fighter to close his or her hand, but the ref had no recourse — a point could not be taken. Now, it can be if a fighter continues to extend fingers in the direction of an opponent's face.

What if he was cheating from the first moment and that is why he was winning and Tooling his opponent?

I agree, he didn't have to. Yet he cheated from start to end.

The video and the writeup of his pokes is right up there. But as I said -
"
I know what you (A jon Jones fan) are gonna say though -

1. It didn't happen
4. If it did happen, and it was that bad, and it was Jones fault, it was an accident."
So you know that most of the shit you wrote didn't happen. I thought you are tripping. My bad.
<JonesLaugh>

Heres the problem T.S

This fight took place in 2011...
The rules then didnt actually have fingers out as a penalty...

That change came in 2017...

So most if not half of these are not Infact fouls
...at the time of the bout...

https://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/...ce-and-changes-to-mma-unified-rules-explained

Heres an article talking about the new rule change this was several years after this fight...

Before this change there was no foul for having your fingers out towards your opponents face...

Just saying...Jones is obviously acting unsportsmanlike doing this...

But foul it was not unless blatantly shooting it forward like a strike...which he has done in fights...

From the article above

Extended fingers
Eye pokes have been a topic of controversy lately. They are fight-ending, career-damaging illegal maneuvers. Under the original rules, referees could do nothing about it until it was too late and the poke was already landed. The new rules empower referees by making it a foul to extend your fingers outward toward an opponent's face, which could lead to an eye poke.

Previously, a referee could tell a fighter to close his or her hand, but the ref had no recourse — a point could not be taken. Now, it can be if a fighter continues to extend fingers in the direction of an opponent's face.
Bbbbut what about the pregnant lady?!
<Kpop775>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuralAttacker25
Back