The Difference Between Bellator MW Champ and The UFC MW Champ

MushroomWizard

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Bellator Middleweight Champ Moves Up To LHW And Be Like:

http://giant.gfycat.com/VibrantSnarlingDikdik.gif

UFC Middleweight Champ Moves Up To LHW And Be Like:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/ced80c7ee019e3979b2c87fc2be6ff8c/tumblr_mfipvtSpVE1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

But seriously, to any Bellator nut huggers out there who think the fighters are even remotely close to UFC caliber, this is what happens when your champion moves up. Even with a size / strength disadvantage they show why they are champion.

And before any of you say "Schlemenko is undersized" or "Bellator's MW division has no depth" or "Anderson is the P4P Goat" ... how do any of those things help Bellator?

If your MW division is dominated by a blown up LW who gets destroyed by UFC hasbeens, then maybe your promotion isn't all it was cracked up to be?

Last edited:
So what you're saying is that you love the UFC? Is that it?

That's not the ufc middleweight champion though.

Well Weidman didn't move up in weight, and I didn't say "current UFC middleweight champion", so apparently I was referring to the last time the UFC middleweight champion moved up. Genius.

Well Weidman didn't move up in weight, and I didn't say "current UFC middleweight champion", so apparently I was referring to the last time the UFC middleweight champion moved up. Genius.

Why u mad Dana ? Helax man

Everyday someone posts "UFC IS DYING?!?!?!" threads and I am showing you that these other organizations that are somehow killing the UFC are sad substitutes for the real thing.

They may not have the top fighters but they are the real things. They provide opportunities for fighters and additional choices for fans. They prevent a monopoly by the UFC. They are a part of a growing sport that we all are fans of. No need to knock on them.

Umm I don't think that anyone is saying that the UFC's dwindling popularity has anything to do with Belator having better fighters.

But we get it. You really like UFC bro

I look at it like "You've got a big LW fighting at MW and he's got the balls to go up and fight a big LHW who could easily fight at HW.

Instead of saying "Hey look how one of the best MW/fighter to ever grace this planet fared against bottom of the barrel LHW contenders" I say "Wow, look at the balls on this small MW to say fuck the rankings and scared bullshit and step up and fight a much much larger opponent"

It's more like Weidman moving up and fighting Frank Mir than it is Anderson fighting Stephan Bonnar.

They may not have the top fighters but they are the real things. They provide opportunities for fighters and additional choices for fans. They prevent a monopoly by the UFC. They are a part of a growing sport that we all are fans of. No need to knock on them.

I am glad that there is a place for fighters to get TV exposure and build their careers. I am also not a Tito fan. But Schlemenko was a -500 favorite and was built up as kryptonite to Tito's "glass body".

I just laugh at the thought of the UFC MW champ getting steamrolled by a random LHW veteran who hasn't won a fight in years. This is what it means to be "2nd best MMA organization in the world".

The difference is, James Irvin has never and will never sniff the UFC LHW title, comparing him to the second longest reigning LHW champion in history is ludicrous.

1. The guy called out Tito
2. Nobody said Bellator had a better MW division than the UFC. Doug Frigging Marshall won a tournament.
3. Take a deep breath. Everything will be OK.

Weidman has been tanning

Back