The Difference Between Bellator MW Champ and The UFC MW Champ

i dont think i ever seen anybody compare Schlemenko to Anderson Silva. some of us like to discuss what Schlemenko would be like in the UFC mw or ww division, but i don't knwo anyone who thinks he would be champion there. and i'm a huge Schlemenko fan. love the guy. but he's never winning UFC gold.

now if you compare Bellators 135/145/155 top fighters, then i truly believe you have some guys who could compete with pretty much anyone in the UFC.

i agree with this.... but i must admit my personal rating of Schlemenko dropped a lot by how easily he was subbed.

The difference is, James Irvin has never and will never sniff the UFC LHW title, comparing him to the second longest reigning LHW champion in history is ludicrous.

Silva also best Griffin and made him look like he's never sparred before! And Griffin has seen ufc gold!

who the hell thinks BT fighters are better than UFC's? Silly position to begin with.

Shlemenko's a good fighter, many UFC MW's are better, many are worse.

i agree with this.... but i must admit my personal rating of Schlemenko dropped a lot by how easily he was subbed.

Same here. I mean Bader lost to Tito but he got caught in a choke when he was dazed. Alex hadn't even been hit with a punch I don't think and got subbed in like a minute after the takedown. I mean you could tell Ortiz was going for the choke so early on he had his arms placed in the position for like 30 seconds before he locked it in.

The difference is, James Irvin has never and will never sniff the UFC LHW title, comparing him to the second longest reigning LHW champion in history is ludicrous.

Why make this point when you know Silva embarrassed the LHW Champ one fight removed from the title?

You can't really make any reliable conclusions based on a single fight TS.

Shlemenko is an undersized MW, cuts no weight and walks around like most UFC welterweights. Tito is a massive LHW, walks around at well over 205. The guy moved up to fight a guy who's practically 3 weight classes above him, that's balls.

Most UFC champs are too shook to even attempt to fight a guy who's 10 lbs bigger, and anyone who can cut weight to a lower weight class without dying on the scale, is doing it. In the case of Ronda and Cyborg they're bitching about 5 lbs. Hell you can either beat an opponent or you cant, hiding behind weight classes and talking shit is lame. Royce = GOAT.

is it just me, or does your Arsene Wenger av look a little like one of the witches of eastwick?

every time i see it i cackle a little :icon_twis

3793e18ebfa3f2143ecc4701766e5c1d.PNG

it is a bit of a sneaky mofo face

The OP would have had more credibility if he used that gif.

I debated on using his best LHW performance (griffin) with his first (irvin).

The point isn't that the UFC has better fighters, the point is all the Schlemenko hype was laughable and the Bellator PPV was laughable.

That being said I am very keen on Zach "Fun Size" Machovsky (?) chances in the UFC.

he looked fucking awful didn't he. hope he got a good pay day out of it.

IIRC , there was a guy on twitter who said that someone would take a dive that night.

* conspiracy theory alert *

aliens-meme-image.jpeg

@Aker2703 : I think it's gonna be a very competitive fight ...

Oh wait ... that's what I said about the fight vs Sara .... So...

Ronda by TKO R1 ( Early stoppage by Herb Dean )

haha

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Billy Madison quote, quite clearly we have a scholar here.

Eddie Alvarez and Eduardo Dantas are highly skilled fighters and would do extremely well in the UFC.

Nobody has ever called Shlemenko a world beater. He became champion because Lombard left the promotion.

Same here. I mean Bader lost to Tito but he got caught in a choke when he was dazed. Alex hadn't even been hit with a punch I don't think and got subbed in like a minute after the takedown. I mean you could tell Ortiz was going for the choke so early on he had his arms placed in the position for like 30 seconds before he locked it in.

agree, at least Bader was dazed by a huge shot.

he did look awful, and it has definitely hurt his reputation and that of the Bellator 185lb division.

and yes i hope he did make $$$$, otherwise it is just bad on all counts.

Pointless thread is pointless

****This comment has been flagged by the Department of Redundancy Department, you can expect to hear from us by mail tommorow. However, we may contact you officially in 24 hours.****

Eddie Alvarez and Eduardo Dantas are highly skilled fighters and would do extremely well in the UFC.

Nobody has ever called Shlemenko a world beater. He became champion because Lombard left the promotion.

agree both are top 5 fighters, but don't think either wears UFC gold...well Eddie has a small chance, Dantas Zero.

agree both are top 5 fighters, but don't think either wears UFC gold...well Eddie has a small chance, Dantas Zero.
It doesn't help that Barao and Dantas are training partners and would never fight each other.

Honestly I could see Dantas moving down to FLW if he ever came to the UFC and fighting MM for the title.

Nova Uniao would truly become kings of the midgets.

Back