The Difference Between Bellator MW Champ and The UFC MW Champ

agree both are top 5 fighters, but don't think either wears UFC gold...well Eddie has a small chance, Dantas Zero.

It's not even about whether Bellator fighters could wear UFC gold. It's about Schlemenko being sold to us as a competent MW, when he can't even beat Tito Fucking Ortiz.

Let's forget that almighty Lombard destroyer of world's, who's absence is the only reason Schlemenko is even still competing in Bellator, COULDN'T CUT IT IN THE UFC's MW DIVISION.

I'm just so sick of everyone telling me I am a UFC nut hugger when I just wanna watch good fights. Eddie Alvarez gets credit where it is due, but please, stop trying to tell me I am somehow brainwashed by the UFC and let me enjoy the best fighting the best.

I still watch Bellator / RFA / ETC ... I just don't pretend they are equal fighters who somehow didn't get on the UFC hype train.

Tito did the smart thing and took Shlemenko down where he had a chance of winning.Shlemenkos ground game seems pretty weak and this has been displayed recently in other fights inside Bellator.
To say that Bellator fighters aren't even close to UFC caliber is wrong.The UFC without a doubt has the majority of the best fighters in the world.But there are many cases of "UFC" fighters losing inside the Bellator cage to guys who have never fought in the UFC.
There has also been former "Bellator" fighters that are currently having success in the UFC like Makovsky,and Lombard who I think could be their WW champ before the end of the year.

Bellator Middleweight Champ Moves Up To LHW And Be Like:

http://giant.gfycat.com/VibrantSnarlingDikdik.gif

UFC Middleweight Champ Moves Up To LHW And Be Like:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/ced80c7ee019e3979b2c87fc2be6ff8c/tumblr_mfipvtSpVE1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

But seriously, to any Bellator nut huggers out there who think the fighters are even remotely close to UFC caliber, this is what happens when your champion moves up. Even with a size / strength disadvantage they show why they are champion.

And before any of you say "Schlemenko is undersized" or "Bellator's MW division has no depth" or "Anderson is the P4P Goat" ... how do any of those things help Bellator?

If your MW division is dominated by a blown up LW who gets destroyed by UFC hasbeens, then maybe your promotion isn't all it was cracked up to be?

A. Bellator has solid fighters at some lower weights

B. Look at Strikeforce, WEC
People said the exact same, and look at how these guys have adapted. I agree, especially above 170 they get really thin. At 205, or heavyweight, and even 185 the UFC has a bulk of the best fighters. At divisions like 170 and 155, the UFC has soooo many that they can't possibly keep everyone. Do you think Alvarez wouldn't do fine in the UFC? Or Chandler. Or the guy who beat him...

Look at guys they passed up on...Fish, Shields...both top 10 WW...hell Shields is still like #7 and they cut him. Same with the lower weight classes.

What is it supposed to be "cracked up to be" Its Bellator, it use to be on MTV2...its for casual people that don't even know who the UFC MW champion is...or for hardcore people who watch every terrible MMA show no matter where it happens. Guys don't train the same when they aren't in the UFC, so a guy like Alvarez might not reach his true potential until they are in the UFC.

Serious question. When has anybody ever called the Bellator MW division any good?

Let's make this thread interesting. What do you think would happen if Chris Weidman went light heavyweight against Tito ortiz?

It doesn't help that Barao and Dantas are training partners and would never fight each other.

Honestly I could see Dantas moving down to FLW if he ever came to the UFC and fighting MM for the title.

Nova Uniao would truly become kings of the midgets.

Danats is a huge BW, no way in hell he can make FLW. he struggles right now making 135lbs.

Let's make this thread interesting. What do you think would happen if Chris Weidman went light heavyweight against Tito ortiz?

Tito Ortiz would be the first MMA fatality....and i'm not joking.

Machida,Jacare,Vitor,AS (even after leg injury)Rockhold,Kennedy,Gegard and even Carmont easily beat 39 year old Tito.

Munoz,Bisping,Costa ,Yoel and Boetsch would be betting favourites.

Nowadays, its pretty sure to say UFC has almost every legit top ten middeweight fighter in the world, its not like that in every division. Shlemenko is good and could break into top ten but will eventually loss a top ten fight in UFC. Lombard dominated him in the standup and in the ground.

By the way, Khalidov called Okami after submitting Falcao in the first round this weekend. Few months ago Okami declined because of the ring, but KSW has cage now, and this fight could happen soon, This is the best fight we can see at midleweight out of UFC by far. A legit top ten fight imo.
Maybe Okami would be favourite because of wrestling/judo and top position game, aside from his eperience, although Khalidov has great submissions and both are pretty well rounded. Really interesting fight.

star-trek-joke-gif.gif

Hahaha. I was piggybacking the joke, not joking on the joke.

Not interesting at all.Everyone knows Weidman steamrolls Tito.Shlemenko and his training partner Koreshkov both have suspect ground games, but are also capable of delivering a KO to just about any fighter in their weight class regardless of the organization.
Obviously Shlemenko is a dangerous fighter but has been running through MW fighters in Bellator that arent that great.How many times is he going to fight Brett Cooper?

You are not being fair, Shlemenk was facing Tito Ortiz, who's a hot streaks, an almost 9 fights hot losing streak...

Well Weidman didn't move up in weight, and I didn't say "current UFC middleweight champion", so apparently I was referring to the last time the UFC middleweight champion moved up. Genius.

That was Bonnar vs Silva. WRONG AGAIN MUSHROOM WIZARD

Well Weidman didn't move up in weight, and I didn't say "current UFC middleweight champion", so apparently I was referring to the last time the UFC middleweight champion moved up. Genius.
You said "The" referring to the one and only UFC Middleweight Champ, which is Chris Weidman. Silva is a former champion, genius

Schlemenko was just way too small for Tito. Size matters and this match proved it.

When Lombard was supposed to be KOing Silva. Prior to his inability to even earn a title shot.

Why are you discrediting what Lombard has done?He beat at least 8 former UFC fighters before he was even signed to the UFC.
His fight with Boetsch wasn't great but it was a split decision loss that me and many others thought he won.Lost a close fight to Okami.But embarrassed Palhares,Marquardt and pummeled and out grappled Shields in a way no other UFC fighter has.

Why are you discrediting what Lombard has done?He beat at least 8 former UFC fighters before he was even signed to the UFC.
His fight with Boetsch wasn't great but it was a split decision loss that me and many others thought he won.Lost a close fight to Okami.But embarrassed Palhares,Marquardt and pummeled and out grappled Shields in a way no other UFC fighter has.

He is a great fighter. But somehow the new cool thing to do is shit on the UFC, imply that anyone supporting them is actually Dana or a shill, and most idiotically ... to boast about Bellator level fighters as if they were just unlucky enough to not be graced by the UFC's marketing machine.

Bellator is a third world country compared to the UFC, and even their best fighters who make the entire organization look like rejects, can't get a title shot when they cross over to the UFC.

It is just satisfying for an old has been of the UFC to crush Bellator's best. Somewhere Dana is laughing maniacally.

no this is the MW champ of the ufc

cung-le-ko-rich-franklin.gif

Lombard was injured in the Boetsch fight...he actually only lost the Okami fight in the last eight years,.finishing like 20 guys many former UFC fighters in that time. Lombard totally dominated and mauled Shlemenko, in the standup and in the ground.
Anyways, Shelmenko is good but not a top ten, the best middleweights out of UFC are Okami and Khalidov, with no doubt, and it seem they will fight soon!

http://www.groundandpound.de/mma/europa/news/mamed-khalidov-ich-will-yushin-okami/

Back