The Curious Shrinking of Anthony Johnson

When’s Marreta back? That be a great return fight for both if it lined up right.

Off cycle, probably eating less and doing more cardio. Is normal....

He ain't coming back at HW like anyone is fantasizing about, he has been looking very slim recently, barely looks 205 now
I would tend to agree with this, judging by the latest photos of him on his Instagram. He looks a LOT smaller than he was at his max-attack bodybuilding days, and it's fairly reasonable to assume he is doing this for a reason (to fight again in UFC) and he seems to have gone too far for HW, so yeah I'd say a return to LHW looks on the cards. With DC retiring this year, Gustafsson retiring (or unretiring, cant remember), UFC always need new GOOD LHW fighters. Write them a big-enough check and they'll sign and return to fighting.

I would tend to agree with this, judging by the latest photos of him on his Instagram. He looks a LOT smaller than he was at his max-attack bodybuilding days, and it's fairly reasonable to assume he is doing this for a reason (to fight again in UFC) and he seems to have gone too far for HW, so yeah I'd say a return to LHW looks on the cards. With DC retiring this year, Gustafsson retiring (or unretiring, cant remember), UFC always need new GOOD LHW fighters. Write them a big-enough check and they'll sign and return to fighting.
I think that is his plan too, not only how slim he is now, but also the fact that he kept talking about Jones and how he really wants that fight and it was a big empty feeling that he never got to fight Jones when they were booked in the past.

Rumble has big power and is a heavy puncher and is pretty quick too, but he does have some big flaws, he is very very very suspect for rear naked chokes, and when the fight is not going his way he falls apart and wilts and he turns too his belly on purpose so they can choke him, I have seen it way too many times with him, even against tiny men like Rich Clementi, if the fight is going against him and he is taking shots.. he will turn on his belly on purpose, he has done it too many times.

He has scary power but I can't believe he could beat Jones because Jones fight IQ is through the roof, and Rumble will get choked out again unless he can just land some amazing clean shot early, and Jones has never ever been rocked or dropped, he has never even been stunned, it would be a semi miracle lol.

This fool Rumble went from WW to MW to LHW to HW and is now back to looking like a MW.

What the fuck Rumble?

Looks like a systems drain to get eligible again...

I think that is his plan too, not only how slim he is now, but also the fact that he kept talking about Jones and how he really wants that fight and it was a big empty feeling that he never got to fight Jones when they were booked in the past.

Rumble has big power and is a heavy puncher and is pretty quick too, but he does have some big flaws, he is very very very suspect for rear naked chokes, and when the fight is not going his way he falls apart and wilts and he turns too his belly on purpose so they can choke him, I have seen it way too many times with him, even against tiny men like Rich Clementi, if the fight is going against him and he is taking shots.. he will turn on his belly on purpose, he has done it too many times.

He has scary power but I can't believe he could beat Jones because Jones fight IQ is through the roof, and Rumble will get choked out again unless he can just land some amazing clean shot early, and Jones has never ever been rocked or dropped, he has never even been stunned, it would be a semi miracle lol.
Yeah I would imagine if Rumble IS back at LHW, they'd give him maybe 3 opponents quick-fire in the hope that he looks the KO killer of old, and generate some buzz and so they'd be grooming him for a fight with Jones maybe a year after he resumes in UFC. All this is speculation, yup, but he's clearly made a big change and quit lifting heavy weights and taking whatever he was (maybe!) taking.

I agree with you that Rumble is susceptible on the ground and I doubt he's been doing any jitz at all while he's been bodybuilding so ....yeah I think Jones would just need to stay away from a big haymaker punch and clinch him and trip him..

I think you are correct. Hilarious episode.
Shake inserts himself into the contest, and tempts Meatwad with funnel cakes.

One of my favorite elements if the Shake character is that he is vain and lazy, but puts on tremendous effort to troll his associates. He sleeps on a reclining chair but sets up a funnel cake stand to make Meatwad fatter???

serious question:

anthony johnson is no longer a fighter
so accusing him of PED use is not fighter bashing, right?

serious question:

anthony johnson is no longer a fighter
so accusing him of PED use is not fighter bashing, right?
He is or at least was in talks to come back and fight at heavyweight. Would be interesting to see him fight Ngannou

If there is one thing I remember about Anthony Rumble Johnson it's that he is a master of weight-cutting

Back