The Conor Mcgregor was winning the first 8 minutes narrative

so you watched the first 2 minutes then made a topic saying Conor wasn't winning the first 8 minutes

...wat

I'm not sure he even won that first round. It could have easily gone either way. He hit a couple more lefts, but ate a ton of stiff jabs and short lead hooks. If you thought Conor won it, I can't argue he didn't. If you say there's no way Diaz won it, I'd have to disagree. Thought it was very even.

i rewatched the fight and the 1st round was pretty back and forth but conor clearly won i don't see how anyone can say he dominated

honestly conor was more dominant in round 2

I'm a Diaz fan and was rooting for Diaz, with that said Conor won round 1 pretty obviously.

Nate turned Conor in to a wrestler and made him tap out, let the salty Conor fan boys have their 8 minutes lol

Same - he was landing a lot of heavy strikes - Diaz just took some of them like a men and didn't even flinch but Conor still landed heavy esp w the hooks and upper cuts

R1 was far from domination by Conor - Nate was ahead if anything at the 2:30 mark, as Conor missed repeatedly, struggling with the range.

But I still gave R1 to Conor due to the way he took over in the last 2 minutes of the round, finally getting his head movement working and consistently finding a home for that left hand.

Definitely a closely contested fight going into R2 though.

No, his biggest issue was his footwork. He was trying to use southpaw-vs-righty footwork on another southpaw and was having a hard time finding his range without over-extending. Not to mention said footwork is what brought him into the path of the left hand that staggered him. I honestly don't think he would have gassed so quickly if he weren't over-extending to land his punches.

Not to say he only needs to change his footwork to win. I think he needs to a) not throw so many fastballs (so to speak), b) change his footwork, c) incorporate the jab as he's fighting a fellow southpaw and the jab is now important (no more pawing at an absent lead hand like he did multiple times vs Diaz), and d) use more leg kicks.
Certainly he had other problems as well, but as long as he was fresh he was able to compensate for them with speed and crisp head movement. When he got exhausted, which was really fast, he was just a punching bag.

Come on guys, that is complete horseshit.

The full fight is up on YouTube free to watch.

I'm at the 2:00 mark and the fight is close to even if anything. Conor throws some fancy shit that Nate gets out of the way of. Nate actually has Conor pressed against the cage for some moments.

Next, Conor does land and opens up a previous cut from Nate's last fight with Johnson. Conor lands heavier punches later in the fight.

I think late first round/early 2nd round Conor does take the momentum.

Can we gtfo with the Conor dominated 8 minutes of the fight bullshit? It's ridiculous because it's a 5 round fight and it's not even true to begin with!

Thoughts? Watch the fight. It's free. You don't need to buy it with money.
Conor was smashing nate.

Get with the program bro.

I rewatch ed it a few days ago its actually a pretty damn good fight.

It comes down to this: if Conor can't finish nate within 2 rounds, he's going to lose.

Think most people agree Conor edged out a close and competitive round one

Then he was finished one round later so what does it matter, the fight was close until it wasn't anymore

It looked like Conor was effortlessly steamrolling him. I was very surprised (I expected Conor to win but via Condit-like UD).

I just checked the fightmetric stats and the first round was more competitive than it seemed to me at first

upload_2016-8-6_21-45-58.png

This isn't what you meant and I know this but I want Morgan Freeman to narrate the 8 minutes or James Earl Jones.

Are you fucking high? Serious question ..... does blind conor hatered actually make u blind aa,after reading this I really think it does.

A. Conor only won the round cause he was the aggressor? What the fuck did Nayt do that round aside from getting against the cage for a few seconds and slap like punches.

B. The both took the same damage..... seriously? Was Conor feelings hurt as much as the bloodied Nayt face? I guess blind hatred makes u blind for real.

As for Na t being a bad match up he is based on size and especially reach as Conor can only hit him at the end of the punc which brings far less danage. And Nayt size allows him to take more.

In honesty Conor won a 10 9 rouND no where near the nuts that say it was 10 8 round but he won the last 2 minutes rather soundly before that it was pretty even. Round 2 Conor teed off and was hitting him with the end of the punch got tired and open ed up and Nayt landed one perfect on the chin and conor got stupid instead of just run and,survive the round.

The Conor hate brigade continues to make the Conor fans look smart. ....... congrats as that's far from an easy task.

Lol. Get your estrogen in check Princess.
I don't hate McGregor at all...check my posts.

Certainly he had other problems as well, but as long as he was fresh he was able to compensate for them with speed and crisp head movement. When he got exhausted, which was really fast, he was just a punching bag.

Right. I'm just saying that overcompensating for the technical deficiencies is what lead to him gassing so fast. Extending his punches in order to land them on a further target, and over a lead that was in his way (which wouldn't have been there vs a right-handed fighter) is what sapped his energy so quickly.

Back