The Conor Mcgregor was winning the first 8 minutes narrative

tbird05

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Come on guys, that is complete horseshit.

The full fight is up on YouTube free to watch.

I'm at the 2:00 mark and the fight is close to even if anything. Conor throws some fancy shit that Nate gets out of the way of. Nate actually has Conor pressed against the cage for some moments.

Next, Conor does land and opens up a previous cut from Nate's last fight with Johnson. Conor lands heavier punches later in the fight.

I think late first round/early 2nd round Conor does take the momentum.

Can we gtfo with the Conor dominated 8 minutes of the fight bullshit? It's ridiculous because it's a 5 round fight and it's not even true to begin with!

Thoughts? Watch the fight. It's free. You don't need to buy it with money.

He didn't dominate, but he won the round. 10-9 Conor.

Then we all know what happened in the second round.

he was until he got tagged, then the end came quickly

giphy.gif

He wasn't as dominant as some say but he was clearly ahead.

I'm a Diaz fan and was rooting for Diaz, with that said Conor won round 1 pretty obviously.

Nate turned Conor in to a wrestler and made him tap out, let the salty Conor fan boys have their 8 minutes lol

Picked Nate the first time, picking him again... Conor is great but stylistically Nate just has his number IMO

It was competitive from the onset, but I can see why folks say that.

He did bust Nates face up pretty nice, and landed some decent leg kicks on him.

Certainly not a domination as some have said, but Conor looked pretty good in the first, being honest.

Nate showed he can take a shot and be unphased. And come back with a vengeance.

He was staggering on his feet, breathing hard and just going with the gravity before he got tagged. His stamina was his biggest issue in that fight.

Getting punched was his biggest issue.

Conor won the first round 10-9. I think that is hard to argue against.

Conor lost the second round. I think that is impossible to argue against.

Picked Nate the first time, picking him again... Conor is great but stylistically Nate just has his number IMO
The only reason I see Nate losing is if he wants another big payday...such as a rubbermatch winkety wink ;)

Yeah, I watched it again today and had the same thought. Conor's advantage in the first round is very exaggerated. I guess McGregor won it based on being the aggressor, but they were virtually dead even in terms of damage done. And Diaz was obviously more fresh than McGregor at the end of the round. Even if McGregor won the round, it was a bad win for him. He threw everything he had at Diaz and had nothing positive to show for it.
Diaz is a horrible match up for Conor, and it is a little difficult to see what he can effectively do to change the outcome. It will be interesting to see what his approach is the second time around.

Reminds me of when the fat guy sprints at the start of a marathon, he can say "I was beating all those Kenyans until I gassed".

Maybe next time man.... the first 100 feet were all you,

article-1368351-0B41526200000578-199_306x423.jpg

Watch the first round and hit pause at the 2:00 minite mark. You wont. You're too lazy masturbaiting and drinking. Most would have a hard time giving it to either fighter.

Conor had a strong 4 minutes in this fight.

Come on guys, that is complete horseshit.

The full fight is up on YouTube free to watch.

I'm at the 2:00 mark and the fight is close to even if anything. Conor throws some fancy shit that Nate gets out of the way of. Nate actually has Conor pressed against the cage for some moments.

Next, Conor does land and opens up a previous cut from Nate's last fight with Johnson. Conor lands heavier punches later in the fight.

I think late first round/early 2nd round Conor does take the momentum.

Can we gtfo with the Conor dominated 8 minutes of the fight bullshit? It's ridiculous because it's a 5 round fight and it's not even true to begin with!

Thoughts? Watch the fight. It's free. You don't need to buy it with money.

He won the round, it wasn't some sort of onesided obliteration the way it's portrayed so often in here. He came up short with a lot of those straight lefts and I don't think he landed a kick.

Back