The Conor Mcgregor was winning the first 8 minutes narrative

Haha doesn't matter he lost. That's just some sad consolation Conor and his fans cling to. "Well he was winning til he wasnt". Doesn't matter who won the first 8 minutes. Conor tapped. He didn't wanna fight anymore. He said I quit. He claimed nate as the superior fighter.

he was until he got tagged, then the end came quickly
he really wasnt at all the first round was a solid won round for conor but nothing crazy and certainly not dominant u didnt see anyone asking for a 10-8 on that one and we all know what happened before the 2nd was over so conor took one round off of a guy that strangled him lets just call it how it is.

It was a pretty clear 10-9 for conor.

Wasn't Dominating him or anything, but it was certainly conors round.

he was definitely winning until he wasnt.can he keep up that style for 5 rounds?definitely not.

Dude Conor easily won round 1, he busted up Diaz's face terribly worse than anyone I can remember at least in one round.

This is from someone who rooted for Diaz to win, I was pretty low on his chances after the 1st round and he looked like this:

nate-diaz-and-conor-mcgregor-of-ireland-face-off-in-their-bout-the-picture-id513970024

Conor lost... period.

But how do you make the thread at the 2:00 mark ?

He was staggering on his feet, breathing hard and just going with the gravity before he got tagged. His stamina was his biggest issue in that fight.

No, his biggest issue was his footwork. He was trying to use southpaw-vs-righty footwork on another southpaw and was having a hard time finding his range without over-extending. Not to mention said footwork is what brought him into the path of the left hand that staggered him. I honestly don't think he would have gassed so quickly if he weren't over-extending to land his punches.

Not to say he only needs to change his footwork to win. I think he needs to a) not throw so many fastballs (so to speak), b) change his footwork, c) incorporate the jab as he's fighting a fellow southpaw and the jab is now important (no more pawing at an absent lead hand like he did multiple times vs Diaz), and d) use more leg kicks.

Good question. It's dumb to analyze a 5 round fight minute by minute. People are dumb and like to be told what they should think though.

In reality this is how the first 8 minutes would be judged.

3-5 minutes to Mcgregor is acceptable

1-3 minutes DRAW is acceptable

1-3 minutes to Diaz is acceptable

There was no "Mcgregor was winning EVERY minute of the first 8 minutes"

We all know what happened after the first eight minutes...

He can barely lift his arms up after a certain point in round 2, before Nate started cracking him, he was gassed as fuck.

I rewatched it and thats what I saw. Before the 1-2 Conor just lost all energy. Lumbered on his feet and looking real slow. He tagged Nate up in that second. Lefts and upper cuts.

Mcgregor was hugely ahead. Just because Nate was rolling with punches and not reacting doesn't mean he wasn't getting punched hard repeatedly.

Meh I thought Conor won the first round decisively 10-9.

By the time the 2nd started I was already saying shit like "Nate's tough as hell, he can hang in there!"

Had Nayt did to conor what Conor did to him in round 1 people would say it's the most lopsided round in mma history.

Fact the first part of the round was close and the 2nd conor easily won. CONOR won the first 250 of round 2 he got sloppy aND paid price.

I love how folks on here say how Nayt murk ed him and just destroyed him. Nayt spent a minute with the momentum.

Some of the Conor fans are pathe tic but many more of the all out conor haters are flat out retarded.

Meh I thought Conor won the first round decisively 10-9.

By the time the 2nd started I was already saying shit like "Nate's tough as hell, he can hang in there!"
i dont think anyone is arguing that connor won round one but i was by no means a domination i didnt see a single thread that night saying it was a 10-8 round and nate was never hurt did he lose a round yeah absolutley ... and then he strangled that guy so connor obviously couldnt have been that dominant at all in the second (which is the last 3 minutes everyone is discussing) or nate would have never been in a position to finish him inside the same round he was supposed to be dominating

Had Nayt did to conor what Conor did to him in round 1 people would say it's the most lopsided round in mma history.

Fact the first part of the round was close and the 2nd conor easily won. CONOR won the first 250 of round 2 he got sloppy aND paid price.

I love how folks on here say how Nayt murk ed him and just destroyed him. Nayt spent a minute with the momentum.

Some of the Conor fans are pathe tic but many more of the all out conor haters are flat out retarded.
yeah hes momentum sure won that fight for him ... ohh wait and no one would have said that because chad mendes beat connor worse in the first than connor beat nate.

Conor didn't dominate the first 8 minutes, but if you were to judge minute by minute, Conor would have won all 8.

Yeah, I watched it again today and had the same thought. Conor's advantage in the first round is very exaggerated. I guess McGregor won it based on being the aggressor, but they were virtually dead even in terms of damage done. And Diaz was obviously more fresh than McGregor at the end of the round. Even if McGregor won the round, it was a bad win for him. He threw everything he had at Diaz and had nothing positive to show for it.
Diaz is a horrible match up for Conor, and it is a little difficult to see what he can effectively do to change the outcome. It will be interesting to see what his approach is the second time around.
Are you fucking high? Serious question ..... does blind conor hatered actually make u blind aa,after reading this I really think it does.

A. Conor only won the round cause he was the aggressor? What the fuck did Nayt do that round aside from getting against the cage for a few seconds and slap like punches.

B. The both took the same damage..... seriously? Was Conor feelings hurt as much as the bloodied Nayt face? I guess blind hatred makes u blind for real.

As for Na t being a bad match up he is based on size and especially reach as Conor can only hit him at the end of the punc which brings far less danage. And Nayt size allows him to take more.

In honesty Conor won a 10 9 rouND no where near the nuts that say it was 10 8 round but he won the last 2 minutes rather soundly before that it was pretty even. Round 2 Conor teed off and was hitting him with the end of the punch got tired and open ed up and Nayt landed one perfect on the chin and conor got stupid instead of just run and,survive the round.

The Conor hate brigade continues to make the Conor fans look smart. ....... congrats as that's far from an easy task.

yeah hes momentum sure won that fight for him ... ohh wait and no one would have said that because chad mendes beat connor worse in the first than connor beat nate.
Mendes had Conor beat and badly untill he gassed and got caught no argument there. Conor had no answer for his take downsI just like to be rational rather than have blind hate or love in term of CMG .

Back