• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Con is on

Read this book

the media for the MOST part is liberal because liberal people work in it and hire other liberals. not too hard.

now, fox news would be considered not liberal i would think but that is about it

You can paint all media as liberal (excluding fox news of course ) only if you have an incredibly broad brush

That's why I don't understand why people get so mad about Trump. I mean, here all of my Liberal Chicago friends get heated and do their usual social media song and dance with the name calling and protesting and what not. Which is fine and all, but the dude isn't going to beat Hill Dog. So why lose sleep over it.

And lets be honest here, I don't want Hillary either... and here in Chicago it's somehow acceptable that she lies through her teeth while pandering and telling anyone she's speaking to what they want to hear, and that's okay... but Trump can't do the same to the clowns that support him? I get that people have different opinions but stop acting like this isn't a big fucking dog and pony show on both sides.

If these anti-Trump idiots used their intellectual portions of their brains, rather than the emtional portions, to figure out the most effective means to prevent Trump from becoming President, would be preventing him from getting the nomination.

An anti-vote.

Illinois is having a YUGE primary on Tuesday, with all the delegates going to the candidate with the most votes. What if all the protester organizations organized people to vote for whoever is #2? In both the Illinois polls and the delegate count?

I have no idea who it is, and it may be two different candidates, but if it's one candidate and hundreds of thousands of voters went to the polls... GASP... all those delegates could go to the canidate that could beat, and humilate, Trump for the nomination.

But those damn emotional portions of their brains.... so sad.

If these anti-Trump idiots used their intellectual portions of their brains, rather than the emtional portions, to figure out the most effective means to prevent Trump from becoming President, would be preventing him from getting the nomination.

An anti-vote.

Illinois is having a YUGE primary on Tuesday, with all the delegates going to the candidate with the most votes. What if all the protester organizations organized people to vote for whoever is #2? In both the Illinois polls and the delegate count?

I have no idea who it is, and it may be two different candidates, but if it's one candidate and hundreds of thousands of voters went to the polls... GASP... all those delegates could go to the canidate that could beat, and humilate, Trump for the nomination.

But those damn emotional portions of their brains.... so sad.

They will not do that because it is much easier to just gather together and antagonize people. There is an interesting article featured in the Atlantic that focuses on why most protest movements do not work. It is because it is easy to gather people together and cause chaos, but when it comes down to actually making an effort to go through the political and bureaucratic work there are few people who have the intelligence and discipline to go through with it.

They will not do that because it is much easier to just gather together and antagonize people. There is an interesting article featured in the Atlantic that focuses on why most protest movements do not work. It is because it is easy to gather people together and cause chaos, but when it comes down to actually having to make an effort to sit down and go through the political and bureaucratic work there are few people who have the intelligence and discipline to go through with it.

Well said.

Well said.

I found the article:

Why Street Protests Don't Work

Street protests are in. From Bangkok to Caracas, and Madrid to Moscow, these days not a week goes by without news that a massive crowd has amassed in the streets of another of the world’s big cities. The reasons for the protests vary (bad and too-costly public transport or education, the plan to raze a park, police abuse, etc.). Often, the grievance quickly expands to include a repudiation of the government, or its head, or more general denunciations of corruption and economic inequality.

In today’s world, an appeal to protest via Twitter, Facebook, or text message is sure to attract a crowd, especially if it is to demonstrate against something—anything, really—that outrages us. The problem is what happens after the march. Sometimes it ends in violent confrontation with the police, and more often than not it simply fizzles out. Behind massive street demonstrations there is rarely a well-oiled and more-permanent organization capable of following up on protesters’ demands and undertaking the complex, face-to-face, and dull political work that produces real change in government. This is the important point made by Zeynep Tufekci, a fellow at the Center for Information Technology Policy at Princeton University, who writes that “Before the Internet, the tedious work of organizing that was required to circumvent censorship or to organize a protest also helped build infrastructure for decision making and strategies for sustaining momentum. Now movements can rush past that step, often to their own detriment.”

I believe Trump is the only person who wants to get rid of common core and localize education.
Rubio and Cruz I believe also are idiots and think Common Core is a product of the Department of Education.

That's why I don't understand why people get so mad about Trump. I mean, here all of my Liberal Chicago friends get heated and do their usual social media song and dance with the name calling and protesting and what not. Which is fine and all, but the dude isn't going to beat Hill Dog. So why lose sleep over it.

This is such an odd line to take. People find what Trump is doing to be offensive and they're talking about it. If the idea ishat everyone is just strategically thinking about electoral politics, that is really wrong.

And lets be honest here, I don't want Hillary either... and here in Chicago it's somehow acceptable that she lies through her teeth while pandering and telling anyone she's speaking to what they want to hear, and that's okay... but Trump can't do the same to the clowns that support him? I get that people have different opinions but stop acting like this isn't a big fucking dog and pony show on both sides.

A.) You're assuming that everyone agrees with the ridiculous right-wing narrative on Clinton. B.) Policy matters. C.) Competence matters.

This is such an odd line to take. People find what Trump is doing to be offensive and they're talking about it. If the idea ishat everyone is just strategically thinking about electoral politics, that is really wrong.

A.) You're assuming that everyone agrees with the ridiculous right-wing narrative on Clinton. B.) Policy matters. C.) Competence matters.

These days, if you are not condemning "white privilege" and not championing illegal immigration then you are considered an offensive racist.

The only thing Trump is guilty of is not catering to childish grievance groups.

Never in our lifetime has someone with no political experience, just a lot of life experience and lots of experience dealing with politicians as a citizen, showed up and absolutely dominated like Trump has.

Say what? None in our lifetime that ran for such a high office, but that's merely splitting hairs.

I can't believe that Trump supporters can't see that they are being used as a pawn in Trump's game to live out one of his many rich man fantasies. Trump's entire life should be compelling evidence that when he says "Make America Great Again" he actually means "Make Trump Great Again". This is all a ploy for Trump to remain relevant and experience a new form of power; Trump is simply enjoying a rich man's buffett: he's already full on financial power now he will feast on political power just so he can see how it makes him feel inside.

You think Trump cares about illegal immigration? As a business man he's probably benifited more than most from the cheap labor. Do you actually think Trump cares about what happens in the lower and middle class parts of America? He probably hasn't stepped foot in these places until now when he's had to campaign there. Lower and Middle class people didn't enter Trump's mind until he realized he needed them to live his next fantasy.

Trump voters are about to become the next round of people to experience what it's like to do business with Donald. If you are old enough to vote then you should be old enough to understand that a privilieged man who is wrapped up in his own feelings and identity is not someone to put your hope and trust in. What will happen when you don't get your wall? What will happen when trade deals remain the same or fall apart and suddenly everything at wall mart becomes more expensive? What will happen when our GDP declines because millions of the people who were willing to do the most "degrading" jobs are no longer here? What will happen when Radical Islam becomes even more popular because Muslims perceive they are under attack by Trump? Even if Trump did everything he promised to do, your life will still suck. You know why? Because Mexicans, Muslims, and trade deals with China are not why your middle America life sucks.

So when you are still pissed 4 years from now, and Trump is having daily orgasms from getting the attention his narcisstic and privileged mind craves, Don't go running around town crying about how you got screwed by another rich man. They've been screwing you your whole life.

We are about to get what we deserve. A rich man who loves attention and power is about to live his biggest fantasy off the backs of 350,000,000 people. How does Donald's ass taste?

Last edited:
I think you're generally right, but you may be underestimating Trump's own delusion. My experience with people like him is that they believe their own bullshit. In other words, I think that Trump believes he is patriotic, and believes that he feels this or that way on policy issues, even when it's blatantly untrue. People call him a brilliant manipulator- and he's very good at it- but he's not as calculated as people who are in awe or in fear want to believe. It really is all wrapped up in his fantasy. But his whole life has been a fantasy, and he believes in it. He's almost religious for himself.

Sounds like you are describing any presidential candidate not just Trump lol. Out of touch with the middle class and really care about the actual daily issues people run into .

It's just idiots who think that don't-give-a-fuck swagger belongs in the highest office in the land.
It's exactly the wrong kind of leadership.

Trump wants to be president solely for his ego and for bragging rights. He could careless about anything else.

I just think it's hilarious that economically struggling whites are flocking to him. Trump would grind their idiot carcasses into paste and sell them as soylent green if he could.

I disagree, it's not what trump is doing, it's what the people want .
First thing trump said was wall and America lit up.
The American people are fed up and are looking for anyone. Trump is their only offer.
No other candidate even had the guts to bring up illegals

These days, if you are not condemning "white privilege" and not championing illegal immigration then you are considered an offensive racist.

The only thing Trump is guilty of is not catering to childish grievance groups.

the fact your world view is so warped that you honestly believe this is the truly scary thing.

if this man becomes president we are going to be in a world of shit.

Back