The City that Defines the Left, smells like Rotten Eggs, literally

Like explaining to someone from the peninsula what Alameda is in a way that sounded like you were disavowing living in the east bay?

I was just thinking of the ferry. Not disavowing. I don't disavow.

Lot of people coming off like real bumpkins and hacks in this thread.

I can only imagine the battles waged in their minds when they visit these cities and see two men holding hands, a transgender person, a pink mohawk, etc.

It's a far cry from their safe space towns/communities so when they're exposed to something foreign, ya know people living their lives how they please which they don't have the balls to do, then they automatically label it "gross".

They lose sight of the experience as a whole because they saw rainbow flags. Seattle is an amazing city with a blend of city life, outdoors, pockets of unique communities, great art scene, food, events, not to mention it's situated right on Puget Sound and surrounded by mountains.

As someone who resides in Seattle, I think you are off, like every major city there is a bad part, bust for the most part you will see some of the most green places in the country surrounded by mountains and right next to the water. I don't know how you could say that was disgusting but maybe you don't like that kind of stuff.

I didn't mean the geography--mountains or water. It was just dirty and had a lot of litter all over and junkies at bus stops. Generally the people we met weren't very pleasant. I didn't go over every inch of the city, but pike place and downtown-ish on California Ave, etc....very dirty. You'd think a place with a lot of recycling regulations wouldn't just bypass the cans and just throw it in the streets. The housing was also ridiculously priced to buy, but we got a good deal on a week rental.

I didn't mean the geography--mountains or water. It was just dirty and had a lot of litter all over and junkies at bus stops. Generally the people we met weren't very pleasant. I didn't go over every inch of the city, but pike place and downtown-ish on California Ave, etc....very dirty. You'd think a place with a lot of recycling regulations wouldn't just bypass the cans and just throw it in the streets. The housing was also ridiculously priced to buy, but we got a good deal on a week rental.
Well to judge a whole city on the busiest parts where the most tourists go seems really ignorant to me but whatever. Tourists and the people from all the small towns that come to Seattle to party are the ones who make the mess than leave.
The bums well every city has those I will say we have a lot of transient bums because a lot of people ship the mentally ill here because they don't have the resources to care for them, so they send them here where it's easier to get care.
But hey man have fun in your bubble it's probably real safe in there.

Well to judge a whole city on the busiest parts where the most tourists go seems really ignorant to me but whatever. Tourists and the people from all the small towns that come to Seattle to party are the ones who make the mess than leave.
The bums well every city has those I will say we have a lot of transient bums because a lot of people ship the mentally ill here because they don't have the resources to care for them, so they send them here where it's easier to get care.
But hey man have fun in your bubble it's probably real safe in there.

went to Seattle and we all thought it was by far the grossest city we've been to. Fill in whatever other blanks that make you happy.

You know every one of my friends that has been to the USA say that it stinks over there. They say it was a great place to visit and the people are nice, but it just totally stinks.

went to Seattle and we all thought it was by far the grossest city we've been to. Fill in whatever other blanks that make you happy.
Well think it is quite evident from your post you have traveled very little. Also you are someone who makes broad generalizations with very little info, and then you go to an extreme because you don't have the capacity to understand that there are shades of grey. So you opinion has very little weight, or at least they shouldn't, but who knows we are in a post fact world.

Well think it is quite evident from your post you have traveled very little. Also you are someone who makes broad generalizations with very little info, and then you go to an extreme because you don't have the capacity to understand that there are shades of grey. So you opinion has very little weight, or at least they shouldn't, but who knows we are in a post fact world.

went to seattle....it was very dirty.

San Fransico sucks in the same way the alt right thinks Germany "is destroyed"

I can only imagine the battles waged in their minds when they visit these cities and see two men holding hands, a transgender person, a pink mohawk, etc.

It's a far cry from their safe space towns/communities so when they're exposed to something foreign, ya know people living their lives how they please which they don't have the balls to do, then they automatically label it "gross".

They lose sight of the experience as a whole because they saw rainbow flags. Seattle is an amazing city with a blend of city life, outdoors, pockets of unique communities, great art scene, food, events, not to mention it's situated right on Puget Sound and surrounded by mountains.
Yeah, sure.
Seeing two guys with pink hair holding hands is just soooo shocking in 2016, lol. Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel like a sophisticate.
You guys act like going to the city is a some big deal. I swear some of come across as 8 year olds.

This I found particularly interesting:

Yeah, it's a funny thing. People seem to like low crime, clean air, good public schools and family oriented places to work and raise their children. They
also seem to dislike graffiti, gang violence, random violence, and the rest of the crime that is associated with the city, shitty air, shitty water, vandalism, high high prices (cost of living in places like LA and the Bay Area are ridiculous) being stuck in traffic every day, overpopulation, urban sprawl...
but of course, they're rubes and probably racists to boot, right?
You can have all that, I'll send my kids to good clean schools where they can actually get a decent education, breathe clean air, leave their bikes outside and they will be there in the morning, and not have to look at blight and vandalism. Biggest problem we have is the usual petty theft or kids driving too fast. Gang graffiti, trash on the sidewalks, random crime, overpopulation, ridiculous traffic, you can keep all that, in spite of all the world class restaurants and "vibrancy". SF is a nice place to visit, but that's about it.

San Francisco is my favorite city in the world!

I've visited often and once spent a month there as an honorary "local".

There's always some sort of festival/activity going on.

Majority of people are fitness/outdoor oriented.

GREAT food!

They do a problem with the homeless though. Disgusting!

Back