Television The Boys Spinoff GEN V (Premieres Sept. 29)

Nice recovery.

After kind of hovering for a couple episodes, the year 1 finale delivered the goods. Some epic stuff, twists, and action.
Not a lot of fat on Ep 8.

There's a mid credit scene after the finale, just in case someone misses it like I did the first time.

Thanks for mentioning this.

Just watched it and it makes me wonder with the cameos if they're questioning if they're doing a 2nd Season, or if this isn't successful they'll merge the storylines into future seasons of The Boys.

The cameos - SoldierBoy in the dream sequence, a minute of Homelander, and now a mid-credit scene of Billy saying one line with the word 'cunt' - reeks of fan-service.

Which I thought The Boys / GenV is supposed to be a departure of that annoyance from DCEU/MCU.

Thanks for mentioning this.

Just watched it and it makes me wonder with the cameos if they're questioning if they're doing a 2nd Season, or if this isn't successful they'll merge the storylines into future seasons of The Boys.

The cameos - SoldierBoy in the dream sequence, a minute of Homelander, and now a mid-credit scene of Billy saying one line with the word 'cunt' - reeks of fan-service.

Which I thought The Boys / GenV is supposed to be a departure of that annoyance from DCEU/MCU.

I read it was renewed for a second season. But I get what you're saying, Im curious if they dive too much into it during The Boys next season or save it for season 2. It'd be hard to ignore consideration the cameos.

I read it was renewed for a second season. But I get what you're saying, Im curious if they dive too much into it during The Boys next season or save it for season 2. It'd be hard to ignore consideration the cameos.

It was renewed, but they didn't know it would be during writing/filming.

Bet they added alot of cameos for social media buzz, because I bet they were fearing this was a spin-off show that most of The Boys fanbase would skip.

But if the hear SoldierBoy, Homelander, & Billy make appearances, then they'd tune in.

The SoldierBoy cameo didn't serve a narrative purpose. A minute of Homelander in the ending (that ruined it, IMO). And Billy saying 'cunt' in a mid-credit scene.

<LikeReally5>

Come on, they could do so much better than this.

Good show but the cameos fucking sucked

Amazon's version of the CW is what I see happening here. Just a little more gore and all.

Episodes 7 & 8,

The Good.

- Slumdog Dean and Milk Chocolate Mengele getting theirs. Fuck those guys:sniper:

- The reveal that Bloody Maria has the same Power Set as Super AOC. Which paid off in the finale.

- Ashley was fucking hilarious, as usual. Especially her panic when the douchebag director threatened to reveal what they did in the bathroom at the cancer charity fundraiser,

"OK we're opening the door! Just stop fucking talking!"<Lmaoo>

- The breakout from The Woods and the school massacre itself was pretty cool. It was good to see Maria learning to expand her Powers beyond Blood Whips.

- The scene between my girl Cricket and Sam brought the Feels.

The Bad.

- I love my boys Homelander and Billy, but their appearances felt lazy and unearned.

- Milk Chocolate Magneto can move and shape metal objects with his mind. There was never any suggestion he possessed Super Strength. But he was able to take several full power shots from Sam, who can tear normal humans apart like they are paper.

- Same with Bloody Maria taking Homelander's Eye Beams at point blank range and waking up unscathed. Although it's possible Homie pulled his punch because Vought or Super AOC want Maria alive.

Overall, a solid end to a good series. 8/10.

Last edited:
Catching back up atm. Finished episode 6 & 15 minutes into episode 7.

ohhhh shit. The Dean Shetty twist got me. She's basically an extreme version of Butcher on the inside. I'm torn whether i agree with her or not. But her method/end goal is a tad bit extreme

finished 7.

welp... r.i.p Dean Shetty. Slightly sad now

Last edited:
Excellent episode!

What I liked:

As always action packed.

I didn't like Ashley in "The Boys". I thought she was one of those characters they tried too hard to make quirky like Melissa McCarthy, but she grew on me and I've come to appreciate her!

I can't put in words how much I love Homelander's character. You don't like a character because they are good or bad, you like them because they're written and acted well... (like Gus Fring or Lalo Salamanca... but I digress). We didn't have him for too long but his character was sorely missed.

What I disliked:

Cate was given some Arya Stark level plot armor. No one did anything to stop her. Everything was "cAtE yOu GoTtA sToP dOiNg ThIs!" She obviously won't... use your fuckin powers already and stop her. Wtf? The writing didn't make much sense.

And on the topic of powers, why was Magneto boy hardly using his powers? He was trying to stop crazy man (what's his powers anyway, super strength?) in a fist fight?

How about use a big hunk of metal to contain him? Wtf.

Also, how did Marie survive Homelander's attack? She can control blood, are they giving her invulnerability now too?

"A normal person would have been underground".

Overall it was a good and dramatic ending. The cliff hanger has me curious but not too worried, obviously they're gonna find a way out.

Edit:

Lizzie Broadway really needs to stop with the mumbling. I use subtitles on every show anyway, but still...

Last edited:
Shout out to "Ashley 2' / "Also Ashley" who never fails to make me laugh. Her little "intern doppelgänger" character is fantastic. Her blouse. Her mimicry. Just perfect little touches of corporate satire.

I hope that she gets a bigger role in The Boys S4.

After finishing episode 8, Dean Shetty was right.

Curious to see how unhinged Homelander is gonna be in S4.

It was renewed, but they didn't know it would be during writing/filming.

Bet they added alot of cameos for social media buzz, because I bet they were fearing this was a spin-off show that most of The Boys fanbase would skip.

But if the hear SoldierBoy, Homelander, & Billy make appearances, then they'd tune in.

The SoldierBoy cameo didn't serve a narrative purpose. A minute of Homelander in the ending (that ruined it, IMO). And Billy saying 'cunt' in a mid-credit scene.

<LikeReally5>

Come on, they could do so much better than this.

The original plan apparently didn't involve Soldier Boy at all.

https://screenrant.com/gen-v-soldier-boy-cameo-taylor-lautner-plan-better/

Per variety the next season of the boys takes place a few days after this finale so sounds like they are diving in.

The original plan apparently didn't involve Soldier Boy at all.

https://screenrant.com/gen-v-soldier-boy-cameo-taylor-lautner-plan-better/

Another issue -

The entire situation was taking place in Cate's imagination from when she was 12 years old, right?
SoldierBoy should have been the ideal boyfriend of the perspective of a normal 12 year old girl.

Not the same obscene SoldierBoy from the 3rd season that proudly brags to strangers he just met 10 seconds ago he inspired a 12 year girl to 'flick the bean.'

She benches 275 lbs
3c100-16960984206696-1920.jpg

Back