Television The Boys Spinoff GEN V (Premieres Sept. 29)

Everyone that has anything to do with making this and the boys is a fucking flamer.

both shows we get cocks galore in any and all ways you could show one as gratuitously as possible and ZERO female tit or ass of any kind. ZERO.

gay male feminist beta cuckery
The stuff with the weiners is always very deviant too in both series it involves a shrinking person either going into a urethra or pounding on the scrotum some odd fetish there with shrinking people.

The main actress, I'm in love.
That beautiful brown caramel skin, them lovely long locs, and that cleft chin. She got my blood boiling.

As for the show, I find it entertaining. Didn't expect what happened in the first episode so now im hooked and want to see more. The Boys universe in general I find entertaining, although not happy with the amount of dicks on screen. I could do without that.

The roommate became my favorite character when Marie came back to her dorm after all the craziness and she said "I didn't know what you liked so I packed the bong." That's a true homie right there.
Beautiful broad nice lips and eyes too.

Finally caught up, so I can comment: *spoilers*

This is a good show. I didn't have too high expectations because spin-offs usually suck, but I like this. I also usually don't like angsty teen dramas.

First off, God, the main character, Marie, is ever easy on the eyes! I know a lot of people in this thread were thirsting over her, she looks like she could be one of Halle Bailey's sisters. A bunch of eye candy on the show. Emma (Cricket), Cate, Indira, hell... even Jordan can get it! (when she's a chick).

The show is entertaining. It isn't slow, the pacing is very good! The story is well-written, and the plot-twist was good too! The powers, although some weird and some unoriginal (we have Magneto, Johnny the human Torch, Ant-man, Kayla SIlverfox/Kilgrave/The Rumor), are interesting.

Honorable mention to: Soldier Boy's cameo appearance, and Sean Patrick Thomas who is very talented but I haven't seen since Barbershop.

Now aspects I didn't like:
klBjzIZ.png

The show tries really hard to be edgy, and current! First of all, they try to drop as many pop-culture references that they can - which ages a show in the long term.

When they introduced Emma/Cricket it was too much. "She's hot, he's hot, I want a threesome, watch out for my dildo! You're pretty Marie" Alright, alright... alright... <FutbolThink> We get it. She's bisexual (probably pansexual if I know these kinds of shows) and she likes sex. Not to mention Emma mumbles all of her lines and is barely audible at times.
In general, the show does try hard to be hip and liberal... what many would label "woke". Have as many interracial/gay/poly, etc. couples as you want... I don't mind any of these elements as long as it doesn't overwhelm the plot, compromise the dialogue, or seem too preachy.

Things like some idiots wearing what are obviously representative of MAGA hats and getting owned by Cate made my eyes roll, of course had to add in one rapist as per the quota and one incident of cucking.

I shouldn't have to know the writers' political views when watching a show nor do I care.

Lastly, while the plot twist with Cate was good, the immediate redemption was weak: "wE aLl DiD bAd ThInGs!" :rolleyes: wasn't the show making a point about consent earlier? And stopping Sam from killing her with the "you're better than that" speech was as cliche as it gets.

I wouldn't put it on The Boys level, but I'm still excited to see where it goes.

Last edited:
Honorable mention to: Soldier Boy's cameo appearance, and Sean Patrick Thomas who is very talented but I haven't seen since Barbershop.

Me neither. When I first saw him, I was like "Hold up, I seen his face before......oh shit." Dunno his age, but he looks solid.

Me neither. When I first saw him, I was like "Hold up, I seen his face before......oh shit." Dunno his age, but he looks solid.

So your post made me look it up... he's 50. Holy crap! Dude was pushing 30 playing a teen in Save the Last Dance?

e7 was strong, they seem to be wrapping it back into The Boys s4 now

Twist wasn't particularly mind blowing given that they used an exploding dick as foreshadowing, but still worth the payoff.

The season will have 8 episodes, as will the second season of Invincible.

I mention Invincible as I know you watch that as well. However Invincible will take a mid season break after the 4th episode. Not sure how long that break will be

I just started watching Invincible. It's pretty dang good. Some funny parts and some good parts. It's kind of like The Boys / Gen V except animated and more appropriate for people ages 12-16, not just 16+

Just caught up with Episodes 6&7.

I had my very big doubts about this ever since it was announced... mostly because I felt The Boys has had a very gradual dip in quality, through still a great show. But it had the source material to at least base its events on, and the writing for the extra storylines was just as great.

This spin-off is completely original, save the pre-existing world & events from The Boys... so the the weaknesses of the writers/producers to produce something completely original while fitting in the pre-occuring events of The Boys... that was a challenge I was expecting them to be... okay... at best.

This may be best 'new series' of 2023.
But if it counts as a spin-off series, its probably the best spin-off ever.

Very very much looking forward to the next episode.

Oh, not sure if this has been posted -

"In October 2023, less than a month after its premiere, the series was renewed for a second season."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gen_V

And sadly, the next episode is the season finale.
Fuck. I don't want this to end and have us wait another 15-24 months for more.

This is why I envy those who haven't watched some quality TV shows yet. They either can binge entire seasons to bet caught up for a new season to start... or binge an entire series.

So many people haven't watched The Boys yet.

"Sup Lives Matter!"

I almost called it quits after this FR.

best episode this season
Agree. I loved the turn of events,
introducing the idea of organic super villains
was something I didn’t see coming. It’ll add a lot of depth to the next season of the boys

Very very much looking forward to the next episode.

Just watched the finale, and...

I was throughly enjoying it, just like the rest of the season until the last 130 seconds.

Yes, I went back and checked.

That's when Homelander shows up and we got a very abrupt, out-of-place, and unsatisfying conclusion with a bizarre cliffhanger.

It feels like they had another ending filmed, then in the last day of shooting they had a change-of-plan with the Homelander actor being available, so they scraped the planned ending and went with this one.

I'm not saying that's what happened, or even if its a theory I have, it just something I'm pulling from thin air to guess why that ending is so uncharacteristic with the overall quality of the rest of the 1st season.

I was distracted by Sherdog's 31 Days of Horror thread. I'll watch the last two episodes this weekend.

Fantastic season finale and great first season overall. Terrific bunch of characters.

Must say I enjoyed the fekk outta Gen V. Lotta overworked bits but overall a very solid ride. Characters seem to flip flop way too often or I missed nuances...

Anyhow easily tuning in for season two and will likely re-watch this season at some point.

<mma4>

Great season finale. What a cliffhanger. Love the cameos too.

There's a mid credit scene after the finale, just in case someone misses it like I did the first time.

Back