Television THE BOYS (Season 4 Teaser Trailer, post #3575)

If you have seen THE BOYS Season 3, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
They Nerfed Cassidy as well. In the first episode he's shown to have Super Strength that allows him to pull a cow into the hole in the ground he made after jumping out of a plane. But for the rest of the series, he doesn't appear to be much stronger than a normal human.
I think what is funny is Saint can take out SUPERMAN. And not alot of people even know that. *Secret nerd fist bump*

Why not? She is doing all that on purpose. Acting like she is sociable but a deep down nazi. They did a good job with her character.
Disagree.
1. She’s actually Jewish irl, which us obviously fine. Except your casting for a super nazi.
2. Her character is 100yo nazi, but her has the personality of a social.media savvy aloof Gen-Z hipster.
3. Her racism comes off as annoyance rather than something deep seeded.
she really stands out as unconvincing amongst a cast of convincing characters.

Disagree.
1. She’s actually Jewish irl, which us obviously fine. Except your casting for a super nazi.
2. Her character is 100yo nazi, but her has the personality of a social.media savvy aloof Gen-Z hipster.
Have you seen episode 6? I think it upsets all them points. But just for the sake of it...

1. Who cares. Not many people can tell.

2. Exactly. That is what she is going for.

3. It doesn't because remember her character is 100 years old or older. Its making fun of old people right now. Which I do not like because my grandpa was born back then as is not racist. But its supposed to he meta

Disagree.
I'm not trying to advocate for her character just saying it gets thrown out there cuz it's a true to life as archetype. And I'm right wing but see this as a negative. (Her)

I think what is funny is Saint can take out SUPERMAN. And not alot of people even know that. *Secret nerd fist bump*

Yeah, he's ridiculously powerful even for a heavyweight comic book character. When Herr Starr drops a nuke on him, the Saint's only reaction is to spit on the ground(zero)and sneer, "Not enough gun".

Disagree.

1)Cash's religion/ethnicity has no bearing at all on her casting or performance.

2)Stormfront knows that an obviously evil, ranting Nazi would only attract support from like-minded racists. She hides what she is so she can manipulate a much wider base of potential followers. This is what makes her so dangerous,

"You don't need fifty million people to love you. You need five million fucking pissed. Emotion sells. Anger sells. You have fans. I have soldiers. Change with the times. God knows I did".

3)She beat an innocent black man to death, while claiming it made her a hero. She slaughtered 59 black men, women and children while chasing Kimiko and her brother. She tortures Kimiko's brother before killing him, telling him to open his eyes because, "I want to see the light go out" and calls him a, "yellow bastard" before snapping his neck. She keeps a photo of herself with Himmler and Goebbels, and what looks like a Hitler Youth or SS dagger.

I think it's fair to say her racism and fascism are fairly deep-rooted.

1)Cash's religion/ethnicity has no bearing at all on her casting or performance.

2)Stormfront knows that an obviously evil, ranting Nazi would only attract support from like-minded racists. She hides what she is so she can manipulate a much wider base of potential followers. This is what makes her so dangerous,

"You don't need fifty million people to love you. You need five million fucking pissed. Emotion sells. Anger sells. You have fans. I have soldiers. Change with the times. God knows I did".

3)She beat an innocent black man to death, while claiming it made her a hero. She slaughtered 59 black men, women and children while chasing Kimiko and her brother. She tortures Kimiko's brother before killing him, telling him to open his eyes because, "I want to see the light go out" and calls him a, "yellow bastard" before snapping his neck. She keeps a photo of herself with Himmler and Goebbels, and what looks like a Hitler Youth or SS dagger.

I think it's fair to say her racism and fascism are fairly deep-rooted.
She’s performing to the best of her ability in the role she was cast. For me, her casting undermines the role she was cast for.

and sure, she’s not going to be screaming racist shit, but even in her interactions w A-Train, I didn’t find her racism compelling. We didn’t see 99% if the deaths attributed to her, there is no distinction between her and Homelander in that regard. Reciting the line “yellow bastard’ wasn’t convincing and neither was her nazi memorabilia. Her hatred is deep seeded, but it doesn’t come across in those moments.

and I know a lot of hip geriatrics, they don’t just redevelop personalities.

Would anyone recommend the comics? Bearing in mind all I have read is Watchmen? Wondering if I should wait till the show finishes. I ADORE this show, are they easy reads?

Update: September 24, 2020

THE BOYS Spinoff in the Works at Amazon Following Massive Season 2 Launch

qnMi4ii.jpeg

The Boys could soon be getting a spinoff. Variety has learned that Amazon is fast-tracking development on a new iteration of the popular comic book series adaptation.

The spinoff is set at America’s only college exclusively for young adult superheroes (or “supes”) that is run by Vought International. It is described as an irreverent, R-rated series that explores the lives of hormonal, competitive supes as they put their physical, sexual, and moral boundaries to the test, competing for the best contracts in the best cities. Part college show, part Hunger Games — with all the heart, satire and raunch of The Boys.

The news comes just under three weeks after the premiere of Season 2 of the series, which is based on The New York Times best-selling comic of the same name by Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson. The second season is airing weekly, while the first dropped all at once, with the finale set to air Oct. 9. According to Amazon, the second season had the most-watched global launch of an Amazon original series ever, with the episodes to date having grown the audience from Season 1 by 89%. It was renewed for a third season ahead of the Season 2 premiere while also adding an aftershow hosted by Aisha Tyler.

Craig Rosenberg is writing the pilot and will serve as showrunner and executive producer under his overall deal with Sony Pictures Television, with Rosenberg currently serving as writer and executive producer on the original series. The Boys creator Eric Kripke will also executive produce along with The Boys executive producer Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg, and James Weaver of Point Grey Pictures. Original Film’s Neal H. Moritz and Pavun Shetty, who also executive produce The Boys, are also executive producers on the spinoff. Amazon Studios and Sony Pictures Television will produce.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/the-boys-spinoff-amazon-1234782755/
That sounds fucking awesome! A more adult-centric My Hero Academia, stellar anime!

I hope they have Supe teachers, like Eraserhead
TornHandyKusimanse-size_restricted.gif

With competitions/sports

Disagree.
Coming from the Nazi party, it makes sense she's savvy on social media. Vought surely trained her on tech, and no one did propaganda better than Goebbels!

I always liked Bob too!
9c81ed7256e2d1247d5aa92c23fe0a51.jpg

Last edited:
Disagree.

I get it now. They cast a Jewish girl to play a (neo)Nazi supe, and they cast Iceman in the X-Men movies to play Lamplighter.

0b8cb635635ad718f486c8d80e0932a3.gif

Would anyone recommend the comics? Bearing in mind all I have read is Watchmen? Wondering if I should wait till the show finishes. I ADORE this show, are they easy reads?

I would strongly recommend them. They are very different from the show, so it's not like you have to worry about spoilers. Extremely violent and cynical. For example: Starlight's sexual abuse is much worse than it was in the show.

I would strongly recommend them. They are very different from the show, so it's not like you have to worry about spoilers. Extremely violent and cynical. For example: Starlight's sexual abuse is much worse than it was in the show.
Well that sounds cheery, haha. I have a lot of downtime at work and don't need to be chatting to you lot all day and watching Eastenders on my iPad. A comic might be a good idea to pass the time as a quick read.

She’s performing to the best of her ability in the role she was cast. For me, her casting undermines the role she was cast for.

and sure, she’s not going to be screaming racist shit, but even in her interactions w A-Train, I didn’t find her racism compelling. We didn’t see 99% if the deaths attributed to her, there is no distinction between her and Homelander in that regard. Reciting the line “yellow bastard’ wasn’t convincing and neither was her nazi memorabilia. Her hatred is deep seeded, but it doesn’t come across in those moments.

and I know a lot of hip geriatrics, they don’t just redevelop personalities.

Agree to disagree, then. I think she's one of the best things about the show, second only to Homelander himself. The fact she's a Red Sea Pedestrian in real life is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned;)

Last edited:
The latest episode was pretty good, so I guess lamplighter is a former member of the seven but looks like he will be the newest member of the boys? Also I dunno if I missed something but did they explain why he was working with them earlier, looks like he was getting blackmailed or something

The latest episode was pretty good, so I guess lamplighter is a former member of the seven but looks like he will be the newest member of the boys? Also I dunno if I missed something but did they explain why he was working with them earlier, looks like he was getting blackmailed or something

He was definately being blackmailed by Mallory and the Boys; she shows Lamplighter something on a tablet and comments, "You look good in those". Implying he was doing/wearing something highly embarrassing.

That sounds fucking awesome! A more adult-centric My Hero Academia, stellar anime!

I hope they have Supe teachers, like Eraserhead
TornHandyKusimanse-size_restricted.gif

With competitions/sports

The first two seasons for My Hero Academia with all the school stuff were awesome. The last season was a bit underwhelming.

Back