Television THE BOYS (Season 4 Teaser Trailer, post #3575)

If you have seen THE BOYS Season 3, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Kind of wish telekinesis chick actually had a fight with SF. How many supe v supe battles has this show had? Atrain v SL. Kimiko v BN. Kimiko brother v SF.

is... that it?

I believe she's...

supposed to be Silver Kincaid from the comics. In which case her powers aren't so much TK as manipulating pressure. That's why you see her either crush things(doors, Frenchie's gas bomb)or explode them(the guard who shot her, Rayner's head). That said, she also appears to have some kind of healing factor or invulnerability, given how she shrugged off the bullets. She was also able to recover fast enough to escape after Stormfront electrocuted her.

I think that's kind of the point; battle not with monsters, lest you become a monster. A major part of the show's theme seems to be that humans without any powers can be just as vile as Supes. The difference between them isn't morality, just the level of damage they can cause.

You could argue the security guard had it coming because he knew people were being experimented on, and murdered if the experiments didn't work out. But Annie whacking the driver was cold. I mean they had to kill him off, because if he survived he would have told police what had happened and Vought would know Annie had gone rogue. But her apparent lack of remorse was surprising, since she has been portrayed until now as a genuinely moral person who tries to do the right thing.
They are just toning down Garth's "bad place" he goes to when he writes this shit. If they did a shot for shot remake between this and the GN noone would like it. I'm impressed with the changes they made

They are just toning down Garth's "bad place" he goes to when he writes this shit. If they did a shot for shot remake between this and the GN noone would like it. I'm impressed with the changes they made

I love Garth, but yeah, sometimes even I think he goes too far. I love the changes they made for the show. Not only does it work better on screen than a slavish recreation of the comic, but it also means I don't know what's coming next.

I love Garth, but yeah, sometimes even I think he goes too far. I love the changes they made for the show. Not only does it work better on screen than a slavish recreation of the comic, but it also means I don't know what's coming next.
Well Seth and his crew did a good job with preacher, so I was expecting no less from this. I'm ok with him adapting more comics. He does a swell job

Yup me too. But its hard to adapt that shit and they did it. I mean considering the shooter should be more powerful than he is displayed.

One of my main disappointments was how they handled the Saint. No explanation is given for how powerful he was. The comic spent an entire issue detailing how he went to Hell and his heart was so cold it froze the very flames. Forcing the Devil and the Angel of Death to offer him a deal, becoming the Saint of Killers, and given power that could be commanded only by God Himself.

And in the comic he doesn't allow Jesse to kill him so he can enter Heaven; he storms the place and kills every Angel who tries to stop him,

God, "You slaughtered the entire Host?!"

Saint, "Fools got in my way".

One of my main disappointments was how they handled the Saint. No explanation is given for how powerful he was. The comic spent an entire issue detailing how he went to Hell and his heart was so cold it froze the very flames. Forcing the Devil and the Angel of Death to offer him a deal, becoming the Saint of Killers, and given power that could be commanded only by God Himself.

And in the comic he doesn't allow Jesse to kill him so he can enter Heaven; he storms the place and kills every Angel who tries to stop him,

God, "You slaughtered the entire Host?!"

Saint, "Fools got in my way".
Yup. He is one of my favorite "ghost rider" characters. He has story breaker power is the problem. So they can't get too nuts with these guys or what's the point of the story. Same thing with Darkseid and Thanos. They can ruin a story if not written well

"We ain't his friends, go ahead and fuck his ass up" might be my favorite line of the show so far. MM delivered that line so perfectly.

I also liked his explanation for taking Starlight with them to the hospital; if things go wrong, Vought will be more concerned with capturing her than the Boys.

"Never go into shark-infested waters unless you're carrying chum".

Yup. He is one of my favorite "ghost rider" characters. He has story breaker power is the problem. So they can't get too nuts with these guys or what's the point of the story. Same thing with Darkseid and Thanos. They can ruin a story if not written well

They Nerfed Cassidy as well. In the first episode he's shown to have Super Strength that allows him to pull a cow into the hole in the ground he made after jumping out of a plane. But for the rest of the series, he doesn't appear to be much stronger than a normal human.

They Nerfed Cassidy as well. In the first episode he's shown to have Super Strength that allows him to pull a cow into the hole in the ground he made after jumping out of a plane. But for the rest of the series, he doesn't appear to be much stronger than a normal human.
Yeah but I just went along for the ride. I try to not get too caught up in this vs that in comic to screen adaptations otherwise we have flamewars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back