• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Television THE BOYS (Season 4 Returns June 13, 2024; Season 5 Will Be the Final Season)

If you have seen THE BOYS Season 3, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
So it's like a friendly worm who helps out sometimes?

085273606af7385c9b94d1dd4e9d01d5.gif

Joking aside, whatever the fuck it is, if Butcher dies, it dies too. So it has to protect him.

And I still think it's the Worm he's talking to when he sees, "Becca".

Kripke said something along the lines of. "If you still think Homelander's the hero at this point, I don't know what to tell you"

Of course, there's a big difference between liking Homelander, because he's a fascinating character and Starr is an incredible actor, and genuinely regarding him as the hero.

I mean, I love Green Goblin, Red Skull and The Joker. But that's because they are complete bastards - who are always fun to watch - being played by great actors. At no point do I regard them as the heroes. They are irredeemable Big Bads.
I don't know, The Red Skull has some pretty good points...

I kid, I kid...

I am not sure how they can act surprised after 3 seasons. I mean, come on!

Not a left guy, but it is obviously poking fun at all the right-wing shenanigans that have happened. They have not been the least bit coy or subtle about it.. Still, I like to laugh at myself too, or some beliefs that are closer to my own, so I watch. It is a good show regardless.
And it's not even that they mock normal right wingers. They are mocking "left-wing pedos are hiding children in basements" conspiracy theory idiots and MAGA retards. Both should be mocked as much as possible.

They just must ruin every show I guess. This was a great show . I'm glad it over after this season. Looking forward to next ahow/ movie that's not political /message / agenda that just looks to be interesting and entertaining. Not easy to find an might need to wait

When did this show not have political messaging before? Or were you just dumb enough not to see the blatant satire before?

And it's not even that they mock normal right wingers. They are mocking "left-wing pedos are hiding children in basements" conspiracy theory idiots and MAGA retards. Both should be mocked as much as possible.
Even if they personally attacked my own beliefs, if it still entertains me, I will watch. Can’t let things get to you, ya know? Or at least try your damndest not to.

My theory on Hughie's dad...

I think that Hughie's dad will wind up like Lamplighter in the comics as @gatchaman alluded to up the thread. Then he'll have to cut a deal with Neumann for that compound developed at Goldokin University (she has it if you haven't seen Gen-V) to mercy kill his dad.

My theory
The Comp-V Butcher took after the Temp-V gave the cancer super powers. The cancer is like a symbiote
Becca and Kessler are hallucinations. Good vs. evil
Hughie dad is a super powered zombie.

Also, we need boobies. Too much gay.

WAY too much gay.
This season is supposedly going full left-wing, but its not exactly putting the gay lifestyle in a positive light. More like a disgusting light.

I would ask gay fans of the show - Are you happy Frenchie is now gay, or were you also enjoying the slow-developing relationship between him and Kamiko developing over 3 seasons?

WAY too much gay.
This season is supposedly going full left-wing, but its not exactly putting the gay lifestyle in a positive light. More like a disgusting light.

I would ask gay fans of the show - Are you happy Frenchie is now gay, or were you also enjoying the slow-developing relationship between him and Kamiko developing over 3 seasons?
Wft happening to the show, say it aint so frenchie! Gonna binge it maybe, doesn’t seem very hot by the reviews so far, but it ain’t over yet

So is this just a thing we have to presume now? Great shows just exponentially deteriorate? Jesus this isn't quite as bad as GoT but that's what I thought of during S4.

The first season was incredible. S2 was... pretty good. It's just devolved into a shit show

They just must ruin every show I guess. This was a great show . I'm glad it over after this season. Looking forward to next ahow/ movie that's not political /message / agenda that just looks to be interesting and entertaining. Not easy to find an might need to wait
Pretty sure they said it's over after season 5

The only real knock I have on this season is the shit with Frenchie, it seems like rushed writing just to give the character something to do.

...and honestly Kimiko's story kinda feels the same way.

So Frenchie murders dude's family and the guy sees Frenchie's scarred up ankle; now with these dudes being such an item the one guy never saw Frenchie's ankle after that? Thought these dudes were fuckin and whatnot? I'd think I'd notice someone I'm with having a scarred up body part.. there's no reason for Frenchie to hide his ankles because he had no idea the dude was under the bed peeping on them.

Thats the standard for TV series of any era, with only a very few exceptions.

The question the vast majority of the time isn't if a show will deteriorate, but when.
One of the reasons why I think BCS is perhaps the greatest. The last season is maybe the best. Don't know how they managed that one.

Really hoping they don't mess up TLOU

Back