• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Television THE BOYS (Season 4 Returns June 13, 2024; Season 5 Will Be the Final Season)

If you have seen THE BOYS Season 3, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
game-of-thrones-got.gif
Homelander is indestructible as far as we know. Bolton got beat up by a pretty boy with long hair.

Bolton definitely has the edge - no pun intended - in sheer sadism. But he was only human. He went down like a bitch to John Snow's ground and pound.

Homelander can cut you in half just by glaring at you. He'll walk through gunfire like it's heavy rain, then tear you apart like you're made of plasticine.

Bolton definitely has the edge - no pun intended - in sheer sadism. But he was only human. He went down like a bitch to John Snow's ground and pound.

Homelander can cut you in half just by glaring at you. He'll walk through gunfire like it's heavy rain, then tear you apart like you're made of plasticine.
That’s what made Ramsay so terrifying as a villain, he was just a dude. HL is so powerful it takes away a little bit of the suspense imo.

One of the reasons why I think BCS is perhaps the greatest. The last season is maybe the best. Don't know how they managed that one.

BCS?

Really hoping they don't mess up TLOU
I consider TLoU to have the single greatest linear narrative of any game I've ever played.

They screwed up the HBO series with the 3rd episode, at the earliest, and the finale at the latest.

For those who are fans of The Boys & Invincible, I bet you'll find this entertaining.

Unfortunately Anthony Starr wasn't the VO for Homelander, and the guy they got to do the voice did... an alright job. In the last MK whomever they found to do an Arnold impersonation for The Terminator was absolutely horrible.

Last edited:
BCS?

I consider TLoU to have the single greatest linear narrative of any game I've ever played.

They screwed up the HBO series with the 3rd episode, at the earliest, and the finale at the latest.
Sorry, Better Call Saul.

I actually feel the opposite on TLoU.

The game was good. It was really good. But that's it. There wasn't a thing in it that wasn't derivative. It was great at what it did, but not a masterpiece, or GOAT or anything.

I felt the show took that very good story and put some of the greatest buttons on it imaginable. In the first two episodes, the cold openings are some of the best written, directed and shot sequences I've ever seen. My greatest criticism with the show is that they didn't do that every episode.

I thought episode 3 was incredible. Regardless of how someone feels about gay marriage, how can you not get emotional during that episode? What part was done poorly? I believe episode 3 might be the best.

The weakest episode was the one with Ellie and Riley. I don't think the actresses are bad but their chemistry sure was. Could have been bad direction, though that would have been an anomaly. I think it's just more difficult to draw out the talent when you have two kids interacting rather than when you have a pro like Pedro to work with.

Also, contrary to popular trend, I thought TLoU Part II was better than the first game. Obviously I was upset about what happens but that was the point. The point of the game was to show you how hollow revenge is even when you get it.

I agree. Season 1 Homelander is terrifying. The part where they hear him flying around looking for them is a 20 second horror film snuggled nicely in a black comedy show

Sorry, Better Call Saul
I feel the same about Breaking Bad.
Its my #1 series of all time.
Tried wstching the first season of BCS and couldn't get into it.
The game was good. It was really good. But that's it. There wasn't a thing in it that wasn't derivative. It was great at what it did, but not a masterpiece, or GOAT or anything.
I guess we're going to have to agree to completely disagree.

In the first two episodes, the cold openings are some of the best written, directed and shot sequences I've ever seen. My greatest criticism with the show is that they didn't do that every episode.
It was very clear the season was front-heavy, and I wouldn't be surprised if they used a sizeable portion of their budget on those two episodes and the rest suffered for it.

Never seen a zombie series with such few zombies... or 'clickers.'

I thought episode 3 was incredible. Regardless of how someone feels about gay marriage, how can you not get emotional during that episode? What part was done poorly? I believe episode 3 might be the best.
Because they sacrificed one of the best portions of the game, with meaningful character development with Ellie, Joel, and Bill... to have a 'Gay Notebook' episode.

And that's coming from someone who considers Bill to be the best side-character in the game, and they found the perfect actor to play him in the series.

The weakest episode was the one with Ellie and Riley. I don't think the actresses are bad but their chemistry sure was. Could have been bad direction, though that would have been an anomaly. I think it's just more difficult to draw out the talent when you have two kids interacting rather than when you have a pro like Pedro to work with.
At this point I was just watching to see if they'd stick the landing with giving justice to the finale. It would have been a somewhat redeeming quality for the show - It starts strong, ends strong, but has alot of filler.

Also, contrary to popular trend, I thought TLoU Part II was better than the first game. Obviously I was upset about what happens but that was the point. The point of the game was to show you how hollow revenge is even when you get it.

I foresaw the 'what happens' with the very first trailer of TLoU2, so it didn't surprise or upset me.

But I would have expected the execution of the 'revenge is bad m'kay?' storyline would have been less of a complete mess with an overall bloated narrative and runtime.

Ellie was one of the most loved protagonists after TLoU. After TLoU2, and with Abby... there was almost complete apathy toward them both.

Gotta admit, that's impressive in its own right.

I just wonder what kind of mind-bomb that Stan Edgar is going to drop when he returns. If there's one thing that's true.

Stan Edgar has zero fear of Homelander. He knows that Vought is more powerful than Homelander could ever be.

Season 4 is all Homelander for me. This season hasn't been good at all, but Homelander is keeping me in.
I concur. Im not a fan of stewies drama either very soap opera storyline so far. His character has been mopey since the beginning though.

Back