The best spaceships and greatest aliens.

giphy.gif

FxHT.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

This is a good sci fi action flick despite all the haters.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elysium_(film)#Reception

It still generally well received. Even the original Blade Runner was not thought that highly of when first came out but has become a cult classic.

In February 2015, while promoting his newest film, Chappie, director Neill Blomkamp expressed some regrets regarding Elysium, commenting: "I feel like I fucked it up, I feel like ultimately the story is not the right story.. I still think the satirical idea of a ring, filled with rich people, hovering above the impoverished Earth, is an awesome idea. I love it so much, I almost want to go back and do it correctly. But I just think the script wasn’t... I just didn’t make a good enough film is ultimately what it is. I feel like I executed all of the stuff that could be executed, like costume and set design and special effects very well. But, ultimately, it was all resting on a somewhat not totally formed skeletal system, so the script just wasn’t there; the story wasn’t fully there."

In February 2015, while promoting his newest film, Chappie, director Neill Blomkamp expressed some regrets regarding Elysium, commenting: "I feel like I fucked it up, I feel like ultimately the story is not the right story.. I still think the satirical idea of a ring, filled with rich people, hovering above the impoverished Earth, is an awesome idea. I love it so much, I almost want to go back and do it correctly. But I just think the script wasn’t... I just didn’t make a good enough film is ultimately what it is. I feel like I executed all of the stuff that could be executed, like costume and set design and special effects very well. But, ultimately, it was all resting on a somewhat not totally formed skeletal system, so the script just wasn’t there; the story wasn’t fully there."

Everyone is always their own harshest critic. So what?

When I was a kid I had this, one of the greatest science fiction toys ever.

Martin_Eagle1_2.jpg
I'm not saying that is, but those look like 2001 toys. From the ship to the suits. Well the ship head isn't as round, but it reminds me of the one they took to the moon. But it's not.
184MB01A_Moon_Bus_Aurora.jpg

I'm not saying that is, but those look like 2001 toys. From the ship to the suits. Well the ship head isn't as round, but it reminds me of the one they took to the moon. But it's not.

I couldn't find an image of the one I used to have.

I couldn't find an image of the one I used to have.
No worries. I imagine 2001 is still used as inspiration today for these things, so I could always find something that reminds me of it.

Anyone played Freespace and Freespace 2?
The stories where epic. Top notch writing, story telling and voice acting.
When the Shivans first appear... Then th3le Lucifer, the Sathanas...
The Fall of the Colossus brought tears to my eyes.
Full win.

So anyone who did play it, will agree that the coolest ship was the GTVC Colossus.

As for xenos, Eldar win.
Hot rampaging psychic she elves ftw

Back