The best spaceships and greatest aliens.

Macross Super Dimension Fortress

macross-dyrl-cruiser.gif

It's a mothership that can transform into a giant robot
1399192-macross_sdf_1.jpg

If you are in space with micro-gravity, why do you need a vessel that can transform itself to bipedal locomotion?

I thought the thread title was a Trump quote haha

Star blazers has always got dope ass ships

Well, nobody knows where the Event Horizon went, so there's that

giphy.gif

1ZoZrh.gif

Heart of Gold because of the improbability drive.
giphy.gif

And
tumblr_inline_obwpz8jQ9z1s9x8us_540.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you mean?

I mean there was a lot of noise in the science fiction community about the fact they copied existing designs from other properties.

There used to be a web page showing all the B5 ship designs, and where those ships were originally created.

Pegasus from Battlestar Galactica

giphy.gif
raw
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Babylon 5 has some cool designs

Still preffer the original even if its not HD, the FX might be a bit limited but I think they make up for it in lovecraftian atmosphere and visual interest.

The end of season 2 in Babylon 5 was IMHO Game of Thrones season 3 15 years before the fact in terms of the "good guys" getting a complex shellacking

Still though 35 years latter and I think the greatest space battle remains....

Not just the scale either but the graceful way its filmed with great shot after great shot, perhaps helped by how much time it took it set them up? Revenge of the Sith on the other hand was back to throw stuff in the characters/audiences faces. Rogue One was pretty good if at a small scale, less said about the sequels the better, JJ ABrams wouldn't know a decent action composition if he sneaked a look at it in its underwear.

Last edited:
For aliens I'm going for the weird creature in Andrzej Zulawski's unforgettable Possession. This is probably the most intense film I've ever seen. If you haven't seen it, it's got an incredible performance from the great Isabelle Adjani

giphy.gif

this film is brilliant and weird as fuck to watch stoned

Anything that's rocket powered is crap...

ae8b14512026f48e08ab4eb6715cafa9--flight-of-the-navigator-nostalgia.jpg

UFO.jpg

These 2 got my vote.

Back