The best part of Conor fights is the months leading up to it

I disagree, I think Silva is similar in that he always had a clear weakness and his success was achieved in spite of it.
Took me too long to get that made him special, to dominate in spite of a glaring hole or 2. Now I think that that makes him even more awesome

I'm not particularly a big fan of his. I'm not a hater, per se, I do enjoy his fights and what he brings to the sport. But I almost never root for him and I try to call his fights with as most objectivity as possible.

That being said, he has this ability to make fights so much more fun in the lead up not because of his trash talk or shithead fanbase, but because he's so beatable.

The blueprint has been out there for a long time, and I suspect that's why you don't really see him fight much anymore (well, beside him making a lot of fucking money). Ever since capturing the title, he fights once every blue moon. If he'd been in the mix at LW (or even FW) during the reign of Tony, Khabib, Lee, Barboza, RDA, improved NON-GREEN Holloway, Frankie etc, the likelihood of him losing his aura would be very high. Because he barely can beat Nate Diaz, got manhandled by two week Mendes, and got thrashed by Mayweather.

He's not like Bones, Silva, GSP, etc, where they just kick anyone and everyone's ass and are so well rounded they could beat you numerous ways.

And then, when he does lose, it's always great to watch everyone eat crow, make excuses, or disappear. And when he wins, ditto. It's just fun to be part of it.

Bones never went up to HW. GSP has been beaten more than once. Silva beat cans at LHW.

Conor obliterated the greated FW of all time with less than 10 punches. Conor picked apart the 155 champ like he was an amateur. I'm not even close to Conor nut hugger, but let's be intellectually honest. He's not as beatable as you think. He's a beast. THAT's why people tune in. Well, that, and he gives great interviews, dresses well, and is relatively handsome. But all that is worthless if he doesn't actually back it up in the ring.

Because Conor doesn't pull out of fights,

And because the moronic haters on sherdog are under drug induced illusions that Sherdog is overrun by Conor fanboys and that they're out to get them, when in reality every thread is 90% of the haters jerking eachother off yet acting like victims of Conor fanboyism.

So ppl who enjoyed the fight are stupid? Is everyone stupid that doesn't like the same things as you?
Froma Boxing stanpoint...That fight was complete Garbage. It was obvious Floyd carried him. Ask any truthful boxing fan, how good that fight really was.
It should not have been legal to begin with.
How many Boxing matches have you actually watched?

Because Conor doesn't pull out of fights,

And because the moronic haters on sherdog are under drug induced illusions that Sherdog is overrun by Conor fanboys and that they're out to get them, when in reality every thread is 90% of the haters jerking eachother off yet acting like victims of Conor fanboyism.
You are fkn blind. There are waaay more Conor Fanboy threads, than the "Haters".

The build-up is the worst part. Wish I could just fast-forward to the actual fight

Conor is formidable.

Great fighter, entertaining, charismatic and he comes from a country everyone likes for some reason.

His fans are really atrocious though, much worse than his haters imo.

Don't know what you guys are talking about. Love him or hate him, his fights in the UFC are always the best part of him. The Alvarez fight was unbelievable.

Bones never went up to HW. GSP has been beaten more than once. Silva beat cans at LHW.

Conor obliterated the greated FW of all time with less than 10 punches. Conor picked apart the 155 champ like he was an amateur. I'm not even close to Conor nut hugger, but let's be intellectually honest. He's not as beatable as you think. He's a beast. THAT's why people tune in. Well, that, and he gives great interviews, dresses well, and is relatively handsome. But all that is worthless if he doesn't actually back it up in the ring.
Fam, Conor is beatable and lost to Nate. He is no where near the same fighter as Jones, Silva, or GSP lol.

His trash talk isn't even that good. He just recycles the same 3 lines. "Who the fook are you? If not that, then it's some other variant of throwing fuck around. "I run this town/boxing/UFC." The other thing he does is go borderline racial. This really stood out to me during the Mayweather-McGregor world tour.

There's nothing unique he brings to the table. The predictions he stole from Ali. The wealth flaunting he stole from Floyd and WWE heels. It just feels hollow and fake.

If you like him because he's in exciting fights, then ok. The casual crowd likes KO's, it's the same in boxing.​
Lol you're a pretentious little fuck. Omg he called floyd a boy what a racist. Dont have kids pussy

Fam, Conor is beatable and lost to Nate. He is no where near the same fighter as Jones, Silva, or GSP lol.

GSP is beatable and lost to Serra and Hughes. Silva is beatable and lost to Weidman and Bisping. Jones is beatable and lost to USADA. What's your point? LOL

GSP is beatable and lost to Serra and Hughes. Silva is beatable and lost to Weidman and Bisping. Jones is beatable and lost to USADA. What's your point? LOL
Because they all had insane title runs in their prime. Jones is undefeated and could retire now undefeated. GSP got caught by a fluke punch and KTFOd Serra in the rematch. Conor gassed against Diaz then went 5 rounds against him, ending up on his back taking punches in the fifth. He is not and never will be in the same category as those three. They are GOATs. Nothing wrong with being in the bracket below.

Because they all had insane title runs in their prime. Jones is undefeated and could retire now undefeated. GSP got caught by a fluke punch and KTFOd Serra in the rematch. Conor gassed against Diaz then went 5 rounds against him, ending up on his back taking punches in the fifth. He is not and never will be in the same category as those three. They are GOATs. Nothing wrong with being in the bracket below.

damn. good points.

but then again, conor’s struggles were a weight class above with a significant size disparity. mostly reach. silva was never massively outsized at lhw unless you count Cormier’s mass. and other than cormier, he only fought lhw cans. conor actually fought for the title a weight class above and won.

Jones was dominant at lhw but he never stepped up a weight class. Conor was dominant at 145 and did well against non cans. He didn’t have defenses because he was aiming for bigger fights.

GSP is the man. nothing to say about him.

my point is, Conor’s run is more legendary than you’re acting. credit where it’s due

Lol you're a pretentious little fuck. Omg he called floyd a boy what a racist. Dont have kids pussy

All I said was that he toes the line. Fact is McGregor's overrated both as a trash talker and a fighter. It's a matter of time before he gets beat again at 155. Pick a new fighter to worship.

Back