The best part of Conor fights is the months leading up to it

I totally agree. The man is always in good fights. Hell, even the Maywether fight was good.
That Mayweather fight was garbage (from a Boxing standpoint). It was a circus show to make smart people money, off of a shit tonne of stupid people.

I'm not particularly a big fan of his. I'm not a hater, per se, I do enjoy his fights and what he brings to the sport. But I almost never root for him and I try to call his fights with as most objectivity as possible.

That being said, he has this ability to make fights so much more fun in the lead up not because of his trash talk or shithead fanbase, but because he's so beatable.

The blueprint has been out there for a long time, and I suspect that's why you don't really see him fight much anymore (well, beside him making a lot of fucking money). Ever since capturing the title, he fights once every blue moon. If he'd been in the mix at LW (or even FW) during the reign of Tony, Khabib, Lee, Barboza, RDA, improved NON-GREEN Holloway, Frankie etc, the likelihood of him losing his aura would be very high. Because he barely can beat Nate Diaz, got manhandled by two week Mendes, and got thrashed by Mayweather.

He's not like Bones, Silva, GSP, etc, where they just kick anyone and everyone's ass and are so well rounded they could beat you numerous ways.

And then, when he does lose, it's always great to watch everyone eat crow, make excuses, or disappear. And when he wins, ditto. It's just fun to be part of it.

I agree. The blueprint however is to just not be the smaller guy against him.

I'm not particularly a big fan of his. I'm not a hater, per se, I do enjoy his fights and what he brings to the sport. But I almost never root for him and I try to call his fights with as most objectivity as possible.

That being said, he has this ability to make fights so much more fun in the lead up not because of his trash talk or shithead fanbase, but because he's so beatable.

The blueprint has been out there for a long time, and I suspect that's why you don't really see him fight much anymore (well, beside him making a lot of fucking money). Ever since capturing the title, he fights once every blue moon. If he'd been in the mix at LW (or even FW) during the reign of Tony, Khabib, Lee, Barboza, RDA, improved NON-GREEN Holloway, Frankie etc, the likelihood of him losing his aura would be very high. Because he barely can beat Nate Diaz, got manhandled by two week Mendes, and got thrashed by Mayweather.

He's not like Bones, Silva, GSP, etc, where they just kick anyone and everyone's ass and are so well rounded they could beat you numerous ways.

And then, when he does lose, it's always great to watch everyone eat crow, make excuses, or disappear. And when he wins, ditto. It's just fun to be part of it.

i do agree he is beatable. not unlike you i am not a hater but a fan. the reason i see him being beatable is becuz he takes the biggest risks ever. fighting mayweather, going up in weight etc.

a lot of the other champs play it very safe. but conor rarely does.

I
Conor was 24 and had less UFC fights than Max when they fought, but ok
But more fights overall, already a champion, and had an age and size advantage over him. They were NOT at the same parts in their career. The Max that fought Conor was not gonna beat Aldo, let alone beat Aldo twice.

If they fought now? My money is on Super Max. That Conor fight was a turning point in his career.

The fact you think Barboza beats him tells me you are a hater cause only haters are that dumb

I

But more fights overall, already a champion, and had an age and size advantage over him. They were NOT at the same parts in their career. The Max that fought Conor was not gonna beat Aldo, let alone beat Aldo twice.

If they fought now? My money is on Super Max. That Conor fight was a turning point in his career.

What is Max better at? Cardio?

When has Conor been in a boring fight? Never. He always delivers

Conor McGregor knows how to build and hype a fight 100% and he's a comical man, one liner timing is as good as his punch timing

There's nothing quite like a Conor MMA fight, because you know the world is watching.

Almost as good as the lead-up to a Mayweather fight, except Conor is more beatable so it's more exciting in some ways.

That Mayweather fight was garbage (from a Boxing standpoint). It was a circus show to make smart people money, off of a shit tonne of stupid people.
So ppl who enjoyed the fight are stupid? Is everyone stupid that doesn't like the same things as you?

Back