The best part of Conor fights is the months leading up to it

ewww21

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I'm not particularly a big fan of his. I'm not a hater, per se, I do enjoy his fights and what he brings to the sport. But I almost never root for him and I try to call his fights with as most objectivity as possible.

That being said, he has this ability to make fights so much more fun in the lead up not because of his trash talk or shithead fanbase, but because he's so beatable.

The blueprint has been out there for a long time, and I suspect that's why you don't really see him fight much anymore (well, beside him making a lot of fucking money). Ever since capturing the title, he fights once every blue moon. If he'd been in the mix at LW (or even FW) during the reign of Tony, Khabib, Lee, Barboza, RDA, improved NON-GREEN Holloway, Frankie etc, the likelihood of him losing his aura would be very high. Because he barely can beat Nate Diaz, got manhandled by two week Mendes, and got thrashed by Mayweather.

He's not like Bones, Silva, GSP, etc, where they just kick anyone and everyone's ass and are so well rounded they could beat you numerous ways.

And then, when he does lose, it's always great to watch everyone eat crow, make excuses, or disappear. And when he wins, ditto. It's just fun to be part of it.

"And then I realized Urijah is an absolute pussy"

As a wise man once said, Conor has the phrasing and timing of a comedian. The buildup to his fights are awesome

Conor was 24 and had less UFC fights than Max when they fought, but ok

Months leading up to it, and months trailing after it

J7vg8X7.jpg

I enjoy the build up but that just makes the fights all the more exciting. A Conor headlined UFC show is always a special event!

Cono fans will disappear like they did after the first fight with Diaz.

Let’s see Head clean off parrot posts with an Aldo pic, and he’s a gassed out bum who fights little people with a nate conor pic. I think that about covers it. Everything said will be some version of those 2 statements. Saved us about 10k threads. So with all of that out of the way we can get back to slinging personal insults at each other.

Last edited:
there's nothing I dislike more in MMA today (WMMA doesn't count) than the months leading up to Conor's fights. The delusional portion of his fanbase make it hard not to root against him.

I've never watched or even remotely cared about press or buildup for fights. Once the fights announced, I'm good.

There is something seriously wrong with you TS.

I'm not particularly a big fan of his. I'm not a hater, per se, I do enjoy his fights and what he brings to the sport. But I almost never root for him and I try to call his fights with as most objectivity as possible.

That being said, he has this ability to make fights so much more fun in the lead up not because of his trash talk or shithead fanbase, but because he's so beatable.

The blueprint has been out there for a long time, and I suspect that's why you don't really see him fight much anymore (well, beside him making a lot of fucking money). Ever since capturing the title, he fights once every blue moon. If he'd been in the mix at LW (or even FW) during the reign of Tony, Khabib, Lee, Barboza, RDA, improved NON-GREEN Holloway, Frankie etc, the likelihood of him losing his aura would be very high. Because he barely can beat Nate Diaz, got manhandled by two week Mendes, and got thrashed by Mayweather.

He's not like Bones, Silva, GSP, etc, where they just kick anyone and everyone's ass and are so well rounded they could beat you numerous ways.

And then, when he does lose, it's always great to watch everyone eat crow, make excuses, or disappear. And when he wins, ditto. It's just fun to be part of it.

Sherdork crying about Conor "being beatable" #31030434

If he was so beatable, why did he WIN? LMAO

there's nothing I dislike more in MMA today (WMMA doesn't count) than the months leading up to Conor's fights. The delusional portion of his fanbase make it hard not to root against him.

You mean the people that predict he will win, and then he does are the delusional ones? lmao

The haters are INSTITUTIONALLY delusional!

You mean the people that predict he will win, and then he does are the delusional ones? lmao

The haters are INSTITUTIONALLY delusional!

I think he means the ones that walked away or intentionally got their accounts banned after the first Diaz fight only to start up new ones before the 2nd.

The McGregor circus is what ruins everything actually
His trash talk isn't even that good. He just recycles the same 3 lines. "Who the fook are you? If not that, then it's some other variant of throwing fuck around. "I run this town/boxing/UFC." The other thing he does is go borderline racial. This really stood out to me during the Mayweather-McGregor world tour.

There's nothing unique he brings to the table. The predictions he stole from Ali. The wealth flaunting he stole from Floyd and WWE heels. It just feels hollow and fake.

If you like him because he's in exciting fights, then ok. The casual crowd likes KO's, it's the same in boxing.​

I disagree, I think Silva is similar in that he always had a clear weakness and his success was achieved in spite of it.

I enjoy the build up but that just makes the fights all the more exciting. A Conor headlined UFC show is always a special event!
I totally agree. The man is always in good fights. Hell, even the Maywether fight was good.

Back