Movies THE BATMAN (New Trailer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought Bale's worst aspect was when he was playing the smooth billionaire. He always seemed so uncomfortable and unnatural in that skin to me. Like he was clearly faking the playboy billionaire aspect. His Batman was far more convincing.

I agree about Bale but I also felt that's what they were going for. Bale never had an interest in that life and simply did it to get himself in the public eye and away from suspicion. Even Alfred in the first movie has to convince him to get out of the house and throw the annual party his parents always do.

I agree about Bale but I also felt that's what they were going for. Bale never had an interest in that life and simply did it to get himself in the public eye and away from suspicion. Even Alfred in the first movie has to convince him to get out of the house and throw the annual party his parents always do.
It is just a poor tactic, if you want your alias to be convincing.

The best way for someone to not suspect you are Batman is if they really believe you are the playboy billionaire. If you look like you are faking it then it begs the question... why?

This doesn't look good at all. I like the actor they picked for Catwoman though.

upload_2021-12-28_14-20-16.jpeg

Zoe Kravitz, daughter of....

OIP.8oSykxDcGlp28K4Vyw80hQHaFx

Can't wait to see it, I think it looks great. They put together a fantastic cast ,don't care what anyone says about Pattinson, dude is a legit phenomenal actor. And Paul Dano? C'mon that is an inspired choice for Riddler. Never seen anything by Matt Reeves but Greg Frasier is an amazing director of photography so I have high hopes for this.

I don't dislike the Nolan trilogy but I think people hype them up way too much, especially TDK. This looks like a refreshing change of pace from that Batman world

Looks good but I'm not at all that high on a new Batman movie as I would have been 10 years ago. If the reviews are good I'll definitely go watch it but might wait for HBO.

This^.

I thought every scene with him as Bruce the Billionaire interacting with normies was convincing to fool them, but gave enough of a conflict for us, the audience, to pick up on, his disinterest in it all.

They should have just paid bale like a billion dollars to keep playing batman like in the batfleck films and this one

Bale will probably be the true batman in most people's minds for another ten years

Bale's my boy, and honestly will probably always be my Batman. But I'll always feel blue-balled with how we didn't see more of his Batman in his prime being hunted and evading police while fighting crime like TDK ending so heavily suggested. This Reeves film looks like it's going to satiate that need with how neo-noir and detective driven it's going to be. It really feels like the Nolan template, but Reeves is ramping up the grit and crime epic aspect. But it's slightly more stylized, but not so much that it lacks an emotional core or feels too cartoony

I'm really on board with nearly everything I've seen and if it sucks, well, I will be the first to say it sucks, lol. March 4th can't come soon enough!

Looks more like the Zodiac.
prev2rh9rli71.jpg

Reeve's was definitely going for a zodiac-inspired design for his version of the Riddler. Which I think is brilliant. And not showing Dano's face in any of the trailers is a great little nod to John Doe in Seven.

Looks ok but I’ve never liked the Catwoman character. I think it’s a mistake to try to introduce that character in the same film you’re rebooting Batman in and introducing a villain we haven’t seen in a long time with Riddler. If they’re planning a trilogy they should have simply introduced a few characters like her rather than attempt to shoehorn them into the main story right away.

Also, I thought Phoenixs Joker was part of this universe too, but this universe doesn’t look the same. Anyone know the skinny on that?

Looks ok but I’ve never liked the Catwoman character. I think it’s a mistake to try to introduce that character in the same film you’re rebooting Batman in and introducing a villain we haven’t seen in a long time with Riddler. If they’re planning a trilogy they should have simply introduced a few characters like her rather than attempt to shoehorn them into the main story right away.

Also, I thought Phoenixs Joker was part of this universe too, but this universe doesn’t look the same. Anyone know the skinny on that?

All I will say is they already have a Joker for this universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back