Movies THE BATMAN (New Trailer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This movie exceeded every expectation I could have had for it. I hold TDK in such high regard I don’t think I could even recognize a better Batman product but if there was one that came close it’s this movie. Pattinson didn’t wow me like Ledger did but I knew going in to not immediately hate the idea like I did when Ledger was casted, and while i wouldn’t rank him as the best Bruce Wayne, he may be the best Batman. The villains steal the movie, Dano and a completely unrecognizable Collin Ferrell blew it away.

9/10

This movie exceeded every expectation I could have had for it. I hold TDK in such high regard I don’t think I could even recognize a better Batman product but if there was one that came close it’s this movie. Pattinson didn’t wow me like Ledger did but I knew going in to not immediately hate the idea like I did when Ledger was casted, and while i wouldn’t rank him as the best Bruce Wayne, he may be the best Batman. The villains steal the movie, Dano and a completely unrecognizable Collin Ferrell blew it away.

9/10

Yo, you saw it already?! I fucking hate you! lol. But seriously, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I agree, but I hate going to packed theaters. I always have. I'll wait until the tail end of its run if I go.

Movie Monday my friend, movie Monday.
I'm off on Mondays and it has always been movie day for me. Nothing but the elderly who are for the most part always respectful and quiet. I usually always see the first showing on Mondays.

Packed crowds are the worst especially with teenagers and college kids

Movie Monday my friend, movie Monday.
I'm off on Mondays and it has always been movie day for me. Nothing but the elderly who are for the most part always respectful and quiet. I usually always see the first showing on Mondays.

Packed crowds are the worst especially with teenagers and college kids

Not a bad idea, really. Any matinee showing for that matter during the week.

So I've watched damn near every review out there so far. Here's what I've gathered if I had to wrap it all up briefly:

Pros:
- Solid 8-9 grade movie.
- The directing, cinematography and score work together to make this a beautifully shot and scored film.
- First two acts of the movie are phenomenal.
- Pattinson is a great Batman.
- The villain's performances are amazing.
- Great chemistry between Pattinson and Kravitz.

Cons:
- Third act has some trouble sticking the landing.
- Although a great Batman, a few people took issue with his interpretation as Bruce Wayne, saying he acts the same in both roles, whereas Bale and Affleck made a clear distinction between Wayne and Batman.
- If you're not a fan of 90s emo/grunge music, this might throw you off.
- The run time: while some praised it, others did not.
- Some made it a point to say that the villains (Dano, Farrell, Kravitz) out-acted Pattinson.
- Although great chemistry as a team working together, so pointed out that there's no love type chemistry from Patt and Zoe, which they try to force in the movie.

Nobody who's credible has come out and said they didn't like the movie. Some people loved it, others simply liked it. I think it's gonna come down to personal taste. If you want to like it, you'll like it. If you want to hate it, you'll nitpick the hell out of it.

The guy can act. He's no Bale but he's good. I am just tired of fucking reboots, lol.

That's one thing Marvel did right with Spider-Man: no origin scene where he gets bitten by the spider, no Uncle Ben death scene. The first time you meet Peter, he's already been Spider-Man for six months.

Still haven't seen the film yet. Going Friday. But from all the good stuff I'm hearing about Pattinson with the suit on, if he ends up looking like this for the sequel and we see him take on either more of the playboy Bruce or the businessman/philanthropist, then he may very well take Bale's spot for me:

AAUul9p.img

I just pray WB doesn't water this shit down. Keep this Gotham bleak, dark and menacing.

Just got back from seeing what was my most anticipated movie of the year and my drunk ass fell asleep near the end of the movie. Smdh, I’m never going Goldclass again.

As someone who loves Batman and grew up with the Clooney and Kilmer movies whilst also reading the comic books, I gotta say, I much prefer TDK. This movie was still very good though and I definitley need to rewatch it to give it a fair shake, but from what I saw, TDK is still very much the superior movie.

So I've watched damn near every review out there so far. Here's what I've gathered if I had to wrap it all up briefly:

Pros:
- Solid 8-9 grade movie.
- The directing, cinematography and score work together to make this a beautifully shot and scored film.
- First two acts of the movie are phenomenal.
- Pattinson is a great Batman.
- The villain's performances are amazing.
- Great chemistry between Pattinson and Kravitz.

Cons:
- Third act has some trouble sticking the landing.
- Although a great Batman, a few people took issue with his interpretation as Bruce Wayne, saying he acts the same in both roles, whereas Bale and Affleck made a clear distinction between Wayne and Batman.
- If you're not a fan of 90s emo/grunge music, this might throw you off.
- The run time: while some praised it, others did not.
- Some made it a point to say that the villains (Dano, Farrell, Kravitz) out-acted Pattinson.
- Although great chemistry as a team working together, so pointed out that there's no love type chemistry from Patt and Zoe, which they try to force in the movie.

Nobody who's credible has come out and said they didn't like the movie. Some people loved it, others simply liked it. I think it's gonna come down to personal taste. If you want to like it, you'll like it. If you want to hate it, you'll nitpick the hell out of it.
Not necessarily true. I wanted to like Man of Steel. I didn't.

I remember when Robert Patinson was announced to play the new Batman and the response was... well summarized in a quote would be... "The f***** from TWILIGHT?!?"

But I know young actors typically take roles that don't show their full range but would help expand their future possibilities in Hollywood, so I was more optomistic.

Hell, does anyone remember the huge backlash there was when Heath Ledger was announced to play Joker in TDK? For those that weren't on Sherdog way back then it wasn't exactly received well. Hell, some were saying Heath was just a 'pretty boy actor' and he'd ruin the movie.

Needless to say Heath shut everybody up, posthumously.

And, similarly to Heath Ledger, the announcement of Ben Affleck as Batman wasn't received well, and weirdly enough his performance was one of the absolute best aspects of Batman VS Superman.

So, from what I'm hearing of the performance of Robert Patinson I'm looking forward to seeing it for myself on Friday.

Out of all the reviewers, I was waiting for this one. I stayed up later than usual just to watch this and I'll be tuning into the show today to hear their reviews. I like Campea and his team, especially Rob. His reaction to this seems so genuine and sincere like he really dug the movie.

The critics have gone WOKE on Batamn <TheWire1>

<Dany07>

Nah, that's not woke, that's just bad opinions by idiots that didn't want to watch the movie to begin with.

Reminds me of the pre-boomer critics that didn't find 90s Adam Sandler movies were funny, back when he actually was funny.

Out of all the reviewers, I was waiting for this one. I stayed up later than usual just to watch this and I'll be tuning into the show today to hear their reviews. I like Campea and his team, especially Rob. His reaction to this seems so genuine and sincere like he really dug the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back