• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies THE BATMAN (New Trailer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early screenings of the film said the film dragged a bit in the third act and that the dialogue got a little repetitive. I thought maybe they'd clean up the third act by trimming some fat, but with the official runtime being still at the near 3 hour mark; I guess Reeve's said fuck it, everything has to stay in the film.

It's a good and bad thing that Marvel has made extremely long running times for blockbuster popcorn movies the norm. Good, in that we'll usually get the true vision for these movies, and there will be less studio meddling, since producers and theaters aren't as wary of putting a three hour movie into theaters, since they're making billions of dollars all the same. Bad, in that some of these flicks can benefit from some fat trimming, as some of the more shallow films will be padded with unnecessary filler, to give them an "epic" runtime.

Reeves said the Zodiac Killer was one of the inspirations for Riddler in this movie so, yeah, it's going to get seriously dark.
I am really hoping the movie is dark. I want all action scenes to be gritty and realistic.

Crouch-Gritty.jpg

Going to wait until April 19th to watch it on HBO. 3 hours is insane and I’m not sold on this movie.

Who would've thought two years ago that DC would make more anticipated movies than MCU?

The Hawkeye show looks good, but Woketernals? I haven't even seen Shang Chi yet.

Eternals sucked bad. Quite possibly the worst MCU movie ever. Shang Chi wasnt bad at all. The new Doctor Strange actually looks really good. Thing is, trailers are always meant to hype. Once the movie is released its usually a different story. Lets see if Pattisons Goth Batman is as good as guy next door, Keaton Batman, Growling Nolan Batman or the pissed off Bennifer Batman.

Eternals sucked bad. Quite possibly the worst MCU movie ever. Shang Chi wasnt bad at all. The new Doctor Strange actually looks really good. Thing is, trailers are always meant to hype. Once the movie is released its usually a different story. Lets see if Pattisons Goth Batman is as good as guy next door, Keaton Batman, Growling Nolan Batman or the pissed off Bennifer Batman.

I had some problems with Eternals but I didn't hate it, Shang Chi was aight. Hawkeye was a disappointment.

I just watched No Way Home a while ago. Not bad overall but there was a lot of cringey teen drama nonsense.

Dr. Strange looks like it's gonna be insane, in a good way.

Last edited:
Marvel fan boyz should stay away. They dont have the attention span (most have ADD) and need stupid corny jokes to stay tuned..

Have my goldclass tickets booked for next Wednesday. Can’t wait!

There’s only a small handful of movies I want to see this year and this is at the top of the list.

I prefer longer movies so this news makes it more appealing to me

When I was watching DUNE I wanted it to be over the 3 hour mark but sadly it was only 2.5 hours long. It needed more time imo

My fear is that this movie will not be that good. I want this movie to succeed so badly, but I just have this feeling. Trying not to get my hopes too high.

Last time I was this excited for a DC movie (Man of Steel), I was let down so badly to the point where I don't like Superman nearly as much as I did before watching it.

My fear is that this movie will not be that good. I want this movie to succeed so badly, but I just have this feeling. Trying not to get my hopes too high.

Last time I was this excited for a DC movie (Man of Steel), I was let down so badly to the point where I don't like Superman nearly as much as I did before watching it.

Really? What was the issue?
Thats the only superman movie i ever liked.

Really? What was the issue?
Thats the only superman movie i ever liked.

Yea I thought MOS was great. I just recently rewatched it. CGI doesn't hold up as well as I remembered but still a great movie. I think using Zod was great because IMO he's one of the few enemies I ever felt was a real threat to Superman. Braniac would have worked as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back