The "Bad" drink.

Honestnathaniel

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
So as the festive season rolls around again, the fine people of Ireland prepare to break open their depleted piggy banks and embark on a thoroughly expected 2 week binge in which every foul alcoholic substance known to man will be drank in copious amounts. But my question to sherdog is, what is your bad drink?, if any?
i.e what drink turns you into a feral lycanthrope?
Personally I can drink whiskey or beer all day and night and be nice and merry, but if I have even a single bottle of wine ill turn into something from the early seasons of supernatural and will ruin the lives of all around me. Whats your "bad" drink?

Any combination of rum, beer and vodka. Any brand.

I just turn into a home wrecker.

a steel reserve tallboy over the course of an hour rarely

Vodka for me.

It's the only thing that can make me sick, I'll usually put myself to bed though if I feel like I'm about to do something stupid. I just try and avoid it though.

Tequila - I'll ruin everyone day with my rudeness and bluntness.. Too much liquor/beer + Tequila - I'll be incapacitated and start writing imaginary lines like - Call 911, I need an ambulance, I am dying, Help me....

Mead and lots of it - I am humping anything and everything. Pure fun Jackass - at times this can be dangerous to myself or others. Pretty much I am wild, crazy and naked.

I don't understand how different liquors make people act different.

I tried Grand Marnier once. It was awful, tasted like orange crush-whiskey, or something like that.

Drank it straight though, maybe it wouldve been better with orange pop?

Vodka or high-gravity malt liquor.

Sometimes tequila.

I stick to beer and bourbon.

I've heard there's no real reason why it should, but in my experience it has at least some effect, but it could just be a kind of self fulfilling prophecy.

I would say the only reliable observation would be that there is a definite difference between beer and liquor drunks. I have a friend who's a great guy in general, always happy and joking, he's chill when drinking beer, but as soon as he touches the hard stuff, someone is getting punched in the face. It happened so consistently that we no longer hang around him.

Last edited:

I think people exaggerate it.

My theory is that there are 2 reasons.

#1 people drink things at a different speeds, due to taste and what not. Also, taste can have an effect on if people mix drinks together.

#2 some drinks have ingredient/s in them that have effects on the alcohol buzz.
For an example beer has hops, which has a calming effect.
Absinthe has wormwood (artemisia absinthium) which has some weird effects. Some liken it to THC.

I think people exaggerate it.

My theory is that there are 2 reasons.

#1 people drink things at a different speeds, due to taste and what not. Also, taste can have an effect on if people mix drinks together.

#2 some drinks have ingredient/s in them that have effects on the alcohol buzz.
For an example beer has hops, which has a calming effect.
Absinthe has wormwood (artemisia absinthium) which has some weird effects. Some liken it to THC.

Good post. Alcohol metabolizes in the body the same as any other alcohol I believe, so it must be due to the interplay of the different compounds found in different drinks, and also the speed and method in which you drink it, like you said.

No one sips tequila, and no one does shots of beer. Not usually anyway.

Poor bastard

drapersad10yzu8slnp.gif

i know

Back