The "Bad" drink.

Good post. Alcohol metabolizes in the body the same as any other alcohol I believe, so it must be due to the interplay of the different compounds found in different drinks, and also the speed and method in which you drink it, like you said.

No one sips tequila, and no one does shots of beer. Not usually anyway.

exactly its the speed of digestion that does it. Wine makes me sleepy beer makes me happy tequila makes me angry Makers Whiskey Makers me drunk

I don't understand how different liquors make people act different.

placebo/expectations, will drink more/less of certain alcohols and not be as aware of drunkenness level

Moonshine. That stuff changes most people in to different people, lol

I think people exaggerate it.

My theory is that there are 2 reasons.

#1 people drink things at a different speeds, due to taste and what not. Also, taste can have an effect on if people mix drinks together.

#2 some drinks have ingredient/s in them that have effects on the alcohol buzz.
For an example beer has hops, which has a calming effect.
Absinthe has wormwood (artemisia absinthium) which has some weird effects. Some liken it to THC.

Good post. Alcohol metabolizes in the body the same as any other alcohol I believe, so it must be due to the interplay of the different compounds found in different drinks, and also the speed and method in which you drink it, like you said.

No one sips tequila, and no one does shots of beer. Not usually anyway.

I've always felt the same way. People will bang back a bunch of tequila shots and then act like it's a magical elixir that makes you crazy. No, it just makes you drunk very quickly because you did 5 shots and then slammed back a couple beers.

I'm pretty sure that carbonation increases the rate of absorption of alcohol so you will get drunk faster on champagne or vodka and soda than you would if you drank wine or just sipped vodka neat but in the end it's the same amount of alcohol.

Anyone here ever drank poteen?

In Germany we have a booze called Stroh-Rum who also has 90% alc. It is like drinking fire, my buddy who drunk it with me instantly started to bleed in his mouth. It is just bad, i would never drink it again.

In Germany we have a booze called Stroh-Rum who also has 90% alc. It is like drinking fire, my buddy who drunk it with me instantly started to bleed in his mouth. It is just bad, i would never drink it again.

Sounds like similar stuff, absolute rocket fuel and does terrible, terrible things to your organs.

It's the digwstion time that fucks u up

Witth that said shottin tequila usually has a sinister effect :p

I'm usually already drunk qhen gettin to the tequila shots so I'm shitty at judgin how much teq will fuck me up when im drunk

I've always felt the same way. People will bang back a bunch of tequila shots and then act like it's a magical elixir that makes you crazy. No, it just makes you drunk very quickly because you did 5 shots and then slammed back a couple beers.

I'm pretty sure that carbonation increases the rate of absorption of alcohol so you will get drunk faster on champagne or vodka and soda than you would if you drank wine or just sipped vodka neat but in the end it's the same amount of alcohol.

I've had a discussion about carbonated drinks getting you drunk faster.

My arguments were that there's potentially a bigger reaction surface due to the bubbles

I'm usually ok with alcohol, but I'm a mess as soon as its mixed with energy drinks. My friends always drink jaggerbombs for shots, so it gets a little hard to avoid them when they buy it for you.
Tequilla I'm not great with, but only because cheap tequilla in Canada is the same price as mid level whisky or rum

Rum basically makes me really drunk and I'll talk shit or say stuff I shouldn't say. Last night I was out with my friend, she's a girl, and I've known her for less than a year. Anyway, as sad as this sounds I'm properly in love with her and I thought there was a chance she might have felt the same way since we talk all the time, we go out when it's just the two of us etc etc. Needless to say, I've fucked everything up by telling her last night how I feel. She's sent me one text this morning saying sorry for not saying goodbye in the morning because I was asleep.

I know she doesn't feel the same now even though she didn't say it. This feels awful, like a pit of despair because she is genuinely one of the kindest human beings I've ever known. I rarely post on here but I just needed to type it out and tell it to someone, anyone.

Rum basically makes me really drunk and I'll talk shit or say stuff I shouldn't say. Last night I was out with my friend, she's a girl, and I've known her for less than a year. Anyway, as sad as this sounds I'm properly in love with her and I thought there was a chance she might have felt the same way since we talk all the time, we go out when it's just the two of us etc etc. Needless to say, I've fucked everything up by telling her last night how I feel. She's sent me one text this morning saying sorry for not saying goodbye in the morning because I was asleep.

I know she doesn't feel the same now even though she didn't say it. This feels awful, like a pit of despair because she is genuinely one of the kindest human beings I've ever known. I rarely post on here but I just needed to type it out and tell it to someone, anyone.

Sickened.

Vodka. But any over consumption of alcohol makes me unpredictable. Most of the time I just fuck anything, but a few times a fuse was lit.

At least I'll never have to wonder about it or have any regrets that I never told her.

Im not going to flood you with cliches, but theres plenty more fish in the sea and its not the end of the world.

If I go from sipping on my normal Jack and Diet to doing Tequila shots, bitches are about to meet the creeper.

Back