The Anime and Manga Thread v48

#FrierenArmy here. Can any of you experts project how many episodes this show could have? Will it be fairly succinct like FAMB, or do you think they'll try to milk it and make it run for 10 years (a nap session for a 1000 year old elf-mage) like some other anime?

Typically, I'm not into anime.
I've watched Death Note three times.
I've watched the first three seasons of Attack On Titan, and waiting for the entire series to be released on BluRay.

So my tastes in anime are very picky & choosey.

But I'm a massive X-Men fan, and always have been.

My question for the anime fans is... is the X-Men anime series considered good, great, or awesome?

And for the anime fans who are also X-Men fans, do you consider it to be good, great, or awesome?

#FrierenArmy here. Can any of you experts project how many episodes this show could have? Will it be fairly succinct like FAMB, or do you think they'll try to milk it and make it run for 10 years (a nap session for a 1000 year old elf-mage) like some other anime?
We'll see. Pluto atm is ahead of Frieren for me and I love Frieren. GMAB is untouchable.

It was the only current anime I was watching, sad it stopped. :(

Loved Vinland Saga season 1 . Just started season 2 and after 20 eps in I'm about to just give up here. Crazy as season 1 was one of my favorites . Turn Thorfin from warrior badass kid to a pacifist and rarely any of season 1s action. So dissapointed
I read the manga years ago and knew not to watch S2. Farmland Saga meme exist for a reason.

For this season, there re only 2 decent series: The Witch and the Beast and Solo Leveling. Both are kinda mid but this season is just horrible for animes.

Loved Vinland Saga season 1 . Just started season 2 and after 20 eps in I'm about to just give up here. Crazy as season 1 was one of my favorites . Turn Thorfin from warrior badass kid to a pacifist and rarely any of season 1s action. So dissapointed
Stick it out. It's a drastic shift that starts slow compared to the mayhem of season 1, but season 2 is equally as powerful.

Stick it out. It's a drastic shift that starts slow compared to the mayhem of season 1, but season 2 is equally as powerful.
Does Thorfin remember he's a Viking in last 4 episodes . So far Season 2 has been as boring as season 1 was exciting. If not for season 1 being so good I never go pastc1 ep in season 2.

I can't believed I kept watching thinking Thorfin would finally wake up eventually but it looks like that's not happening. I don't see anything powerful this season other than a emo, depressing , slow, boring season putting way to much emphasis on secondary characters.

Ist time I seen a show go from so good to sooooooo bad in a season.

They gave us a GOT level anime season 1 from.action to political intrigue, on every level season 1 was greatness. And season 2 they decided to destroy everything thst made season 2 great an never go back to it. Cannot understand how anyone would white knight season 2..

They need to make a Ragnar saga anime.

Last edited:
I read the manga years ago and knew not to watch S2. Farmland Saga meme exist for a reason.

For this season, there re only 2 decent series: The Witch and the Beast and Solo Leveling. Both are kinda mid but this season is just horrible for animes.
Does Thorfin go back to being the badass berserker he was or is that gone. Just wondering as I'm not even watching season 3 then . Just so frustrating watching season 2 expecting him to eventually bust out at the end and nothing .

Does Thorfin go back to being the badass berserker he was or is that gone. Just wondering as I'm not even watching season 3 then . Just so frustrating watching season 2 expecting him to eventually bust out at the end and nothing .
I read this years ago and got burned out but I stopped when Thorfin and his group got caught up in a siege. There's this woman who knows Thorfinn's past and wanted to kill him but Thorfinn promised he will not kill anymore. So this bitch followed him during the siege ready to kill Thorfinn if he murders another human. Idk, that was weird. It's not like Thorfinn couldn't kill her in an instant. I think he got back home and sailed to Canada or wherever.

I don't know how closely the anime follows the manga, but if you want to see him running around killing people again then you've missed the entire point of the story.

Does Thorfin remember he's a Viking in last 4 episodes . So far Season 2 has been as boring as season 1 was exciting. If not for season 1 being so good I never go pastc1 ep in season 2.

I can't believed I kept watching thinking Thorfin would finally wake up eventually but it looks like that's not happening. I don't see anything powerful this season other than a emo, depressing , slow, boring season putting way to much emphasis on secondary characters.

Ist time I seen a show go from so good to sooooooo bad in a season.

They gave us a GOT level anime season 1 from.action to political intrigue, on every level season 1 was greatness. And season 2 they decided to destroy everything thst made season 2 great an never go back to it. Cannot understand how anyone would white knight season 2..

They need to make a Ragnar saga anime.
There are flashes of season 1 Thorfin, but the whole point of season 2 is he is coming to terms with the horrible things he underwent as a child. The latter half of the season is full of battles and violence. Season 2 is jarring and boring at first, compared to season 1, but the payoff is good.

Who's watching delicious in dungeons? it's pretty good. Only two episodes in though

Back