The Anime and Manga Thread v48

Started watching Tiger and Bunny on Netflix. I am 7 episodes in and it's kind of annoying that everyone is such a dick to Tiger, who is the MC and the most likeable out of everybody. He's the Rodney Dangerfield of the anime, he gets no respect!!!!

Does he eventually get some poon or something worthwhile in the anime?

I gave 8 anime the same 3 episode chance thos past weekend while sick and only stuck with 4

The 8 were

7 deadly sins.
Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon
High School dxd
High School.of the dead
Death Note
Dragonar Academy
Darwins Game
Goodnight World

I stuck with

7 deadly sins
Is it wrong to pick .......
Darwins Game
Goodnight World

I heard raves about Death note but it never resonated maybe I should watch more.

High School Dxd had a lot of boobs but thats it the story is kinda Satanic so not my bag.

Dragonar was boring

High school ofcthe dead I only saw ep maybe need to try agsin.

I liked 7 deadly sins and Darwins game most so far.

Still can't understand how 7 Deadly has a tv 14 rating when tbe main character literally gropes an feels up the female lead every episode which is actually in a funny way but still. The pig is great.

When should I expect the drop off? I heard season 3 isn't great but it gets better 4 n 5. Also has 3 movies.

7 deadly sins is good but it just goes on way to long and gets kind of redundant. I think it was the last two seasons that were like this. First three I remember enjoying.

If you like Ninja Scroll. You can try Blade of Immortal or Basilisk in terms of series. There is also a Highlander anime movie that is associated with the guys who did Ninja Scroll. Sword of the Stranger is another option.

In terms of Vampire anime. You can try Hellsing Ultimate. Jojo Stardust Crusaders is like Fist of the North star with a vampire villain.

all of those are great, Basilisk is very underrated imo. I would also add shigurui in there as well. it's a bit darker but really good anime imo.

all of those are great, Basilisk is very underrated imo. I would also add shigurui in there as well. it's a bit darker but really good anime imo.
I really liked Basilisk. I tried watching the new season but it didn't do it for me like the original.

Just atarted 7 deadly sins - wasn't expecting much but man this is really good. Csnt understand it being tv 14 ad its more R than many of the tv MA animes . So far one of best animes I seen on terms of plot an character development. Since itsx5 seasons and 3 movies anyone know the order to watch?
You really like it? I watched a few seasons of it and ended up dropping it. I just try to watch the first two seasons first and see if you would like to continue it. There is a drop in terms of animation and story. I believe the movies aren't really cannon so you can get away with just watching the series.

You really like it? I watched a few seasons of it and ended up dropping it. I just try to watch the first two seasons first and see if you would like to continue it. There is a drop in terms of animation and story. I believe the movies aren't really cannon so you can get away with just watching the series.
I admit after first season there's quite a drop off.. I might stop half way through the 3rd myself. It just went really dumb and lost what made me like it season 1.

They made a different version I see for 2023 I might skip the rest an go to that one.

I admit after first season there's quite a drop off.. I might stop half way through the 3rd myself. It just went really dumb and lost what made me like it season 1.

They made a different version I see for 2023 I might skip the rest an go to that one.
lol I want to talk about it but I don't want to spoil anything for you. The series is kinda funny though in terms of the story. Everyone is a degen and I swear they recycled the same plot device several times in the anime. It's super Japanese in that respect.

lol I want to talk about it but I don't want to spoil anything for you. The series is kinda funny though in terms of the story. Everyone is a degen and I swear they recycled the same plot device several times in the anime. It's super Japanese in that respect.
Best part is the comedy ....... the Pig an when they freak out every time he gropes the princess. That started to dull 10 eps in the 3rd season tho.

I really liked Basilisk. I tried watching the new season but it didn't do it for me like the original.
I saw this post and decided to start it last night. Only watched 1.5 episodes so far, but seems pretty good so I might as well finish it. Older animation of course, but it's fine.

I saw this post and decided to start it last night. Only watched 1.5 episodes so far, but seems pretty good so I might as well finish it. Older animation of course, but it's fine.
It is one of the first battle royale anime I ever watched. It's like Ninja Scroll in terms of the different character designs and different abilities. I wouldn't watch this series and complain about character development etc etc. It's not that type of anime. The plot is pretty simple and straight forward. It's Romeo and Juliette with ninjas.

Finally getting into Demon Slayer a bit. Tanjiro is whatever. Zenitsu is annoying as hell but Inosuke is a nice counter to that, he’s hilarious.

The animation style isn’t quite my favorite but the fights have all been entertaining. Only about halfway through the first season.

Am I supposed to take a break at some point to watch the movie?

Finally getting into Demon Slayer a bit. Tanjiro is whatever. Zenitsu is annoying as hell but Inosuke is a nice counter to that, he’s hilarious.

The animation style isn’t quite my favorite but the fights have all been entertaining. Only about halfway through the first season.

You don’t have to really watch the movie. The movie shows up in the series? I think it’s season 2

The animation will only get better and better. I honestly didn't think much about the animation until the ending of S1, however just wait until you reach S3. You could honestly just skip the movie since it's covered in S2.

Animation is really great! Every scene could be a solid standalone AI picture. Not legendary great but damn, very good on details, light, composition.

The story is just your standart Shonen. Do what suits you. I only watched it for artistic reasons.

@JBSchroeds , Northern Blade to take a Month long Hiatus , maybe we'll actually see the Main Character again just in time for the series to reach its end.

Animation is really great! Every scene could be a solid standalone AI picture. Not legendary great but damn, very good on details, light, composition.

The story is just your standart Shonen. Do what suits you. I only watched it for artistic reasons.
The animation is definitely good, maybe I should say the art style isn’t my favorite. There are some beautiful shots though.

The animation is definitely good, maybe I should say the art style isn’t my favorite. There are some beautiful shots though.
Im not the biggest fan of the style of characters mostly too. It’s for young teenager boys afterall but the quality is very high on details, shadows etc.

I’m not sure I will finish it. I’m pretty much done with this kind of Shonen and get bored by the main. He’s a naive idiot with a stupid look.

Saw a notice from Funimation saying it is ending and to use Funimation login credentials on Crunchyroll, so I installed that app on Apple TV and my digital copy which I could never watch on Funimation app on Apple TV because it asked me to subscribe or delete account also couldn't be watched on Crunchyroll without subscription.

What good is anime Funimation digital copy if I can't watch it anywhere except maybe on computer?

EDIT:

Turns out your Funimation digital copies are gone and won't be accessible on Crunchyroll unless you pay for their subscription if they also have that content. Good thing I didn't buy the Robotech Macross Saga Bluray "with" digital copy on Black Friday.

Last edited:
Saw a notice from Funimation saying it is ending and to use Funimation login credentials on Crunchyroll, so I installed that app on Apple TV and my digital copy which I could never watch on Funimation app on Apple TV because it asked me to subscribe or delete account also couldn't be watched on Crunchyroll without subscription.

What good is anime Funimation digital copy if I can't watch it anywhere except maybe on computer?
Media companies suck. Sorry you got hosed like this.

It seems like the motto for the modern day is now:
If buying isn't owning, then piracy isn't stealing.

Back