Television The Anime and Manga Thread: 10th Anniversary Edition (old version, use new thread)

Huge Berserk fan, my friend is obsessed with vagabond.
Searching for a new Manga to binge read, I already read the book of 5 rings by musashi, is the Manga focused on being historically accurate or is it more over the top for excitement?

Searching for a new Manga to binge read, I already read the book of 5 rings by musashi, is the Manga focused on being historically accurate or is it more over the top for excitement?
No clue, never read it. However, I can give a few suggestions for other dark fantasy and historical stuff:

Dark Fantasy:
Shin Angyo Onshi
Goblin Slayer
Bastard!!

Historical:
Kingdom
Historie
Vinland Saga
Elio the Fugitive
Golden Kamuy

EDIT: It was just pointed out to me that I misread your post. Yes, I've read Vagabond. I'm not really familiar with the real history (or "real", as stuff from that time period is often of dubious accuracy) but the manga does not have an exaggerated or shonen-ified feeling.

Last edited:
No clue, never read it. However, I can give a few suggestions for other dark fantasy and historical stuff:

Dark Fantasy:
Shin Angyo Onshi
Goblin Slayer
Bastard!!

Historical:
Kingdom
Historie
Vinland Saga
Elio the Fugitive
Golden Kamuy

Already know about Goblinslayer, probably will start Golden Kamui as my little brother also reads it.
Quality list sherbro would give you a like but I am cucked out of likes atm.

Dark Fantasy:
Shin Angyo Onshi
Goblin Slayer
Bastard!!

Historical:
Kingdom
Historie
Vinland Saga
Elio the Fugitive
Golden Kamuy
You never read Vagabond? That's surprising.

It's been a while since I read it, but I don't remember it being over the top for excitement so I assume it was semi-historically accurate?

One thing though, there are zero plans for the series to actually be finished.

It's been a while since I read it, but I don't remember it being over the top for excitement so I assume it was semi-historically accurate?

One thing though, there are zero plans for the series to actually be finished.
Well that is a bummer, why always the good seinen stuff never gets finished but we already got boruto.

I’m getting real tired of the modern tendency in anime for characters to not have pupils

You never read Vagabond? That's surprising.
Oh shit, I just reread the post and didn't realize he was still talking about Vagabond. I thought he meant the Book of Five Rings graphic novel adaption [LINK]. Never read that one, have definitely read Vagabond. I actually own the first three physical omnibus volumes but stopped buying them once it became clear the manga is never going to be finished.

Last edited:
Well that is a bummer, why always the good seinen stuff never gets finished but we already got boruto.
Feel like we can fully lay the blame for that at the feet of Shounen Jump and all the merchandise that the "big three" as they were called could create. For as long as OP has been running and as fun as Bleach was to start... Naruto was the fucking cashcow for years. Look at all the video games and other merchandise tied to it that Bleach and One Piece never have gotten.

Already know about Goblinslayer, probably will start Golden Kamui as my little brother also reads it.
Quality list sherbro would give you a like but I am cucked out of likes atm.

Golden kamui is also solid anime if you like wilderness stuff, not for everyone though

No problem I like any stories that deal with any type of magic

Limit Breaker is another good one that Reaper Scans picked up. Only 12 Chapters , art is excellent, story simple , has a beginning similar to Survival of a Sword King in a Fantasy World , but its set in a Modern Setting .

Anyone read or see Jujutsu Kaisen? HBO only has like 10 episodes so far, but it looks mindlessly entertaining.

Anyone read or see Jujutsu Kaisen? HBO only has like 10 episodes so far, but it looks mindlessly entertaining.
I've tried reading it. I found it to be eminently forgettable. Shonen-by-numbers. Not bad if you're big on the genre but nothing I would ever actively recommend.

Draft08.jpg

Finally hitting the Oden flashback in the OP anime. Hopefully they keep the high quality animation for the rest of Wano at least.
Well whenever the hell the Anime Returns hopefully they don't string it out put good money on the Budget and make the Moro arc well animated
At least they finally confirmed what most people figured, Vegeta would follow the God of Destruction 'path' whilst Goku follows the Angel 'path'.

Finally hitting the Oden flashback in the OP anime. Hopefully they keep the high quality animation for the rest of Wano at least.

At least they finally confirmed what most people figured, Vegeta would follow the God of Destruction 'path' whilst Goku follows the Angel 'path'.

I'm getting Kenichi Vibes with Ultra Instinct and "Destruction Path" Ultra Instinct is like Ki of Sei and its ultimate technique of Ryusui Seikuken while "Destruction Path" resembles Dou and is about exploding that power outward.

Back