Television The Anime and Manga Thread: 10th Anniversary Edition (old version, use new thread)

Sakura? Really? Hinata>Sakura.

Also, my lack of anime is showing: I don't even know who Zero Two or Asuna are.

Weird that Sakura is that high even though the Popular Sakura Meme is her being worthless.

I dont even know that Anime she is from , but I've seen the Meme of here being a top Waifu

Rezero. I had to watch a couple videos on her, and I guess she's a good person, but she looks like a 13 year old

Rezero. I had to watch a couple videos on her, and I guess she's a good person, but she looks like a 13 year old

ReZero is that the Fate Series ? This is why I prefer Manga , I can keep up with series I like at my pace.

So far at the end of this first month of the year and one day before I turn 30 this is how my Anime viewing is going.
One Piece - Around ep 140
Gintama - around 90 eps in
Dr Stone - 3 eps in (only started last night)
Fire Force - nearly finished second season
Golden Kamuy/Kummy whatever the fuck it is - 5 eps into season 2

I'm on Gintama ~20th episode. I had to check the waifu video to see if Kagura was there, she's not lol

Oh Snap 8 man After

I remember watching this on Saturday Anime on Sci Fi Channel, in the Morning !!!!

Revy
Mikasa
Pre potato Casca
Noi
Abby (great pretender)
Yuri (tower of god)
Touka (TG)
Shinobu (demon slayer)
52895d12080aed533afcc86015809892.jpg

Seriously though I’m probably the only one but I like Ram more than Rem (Echidna and Elsa as well tbh) Whenever she verbally destroys Subaru it makes me lol
ReZero is that the Fate Series ? This is why I prefer Manga , I can keep up with series I like at my pace.
It has nothing to do with fate series

Revy
Mikasa
Pre potato Casca
Noi
Abby (great pretender)
Yuri (tower of god)
Touka (TG)
Shinobu (demon slayer)
52895d12080aed533afcc86015809892.jpg

Seriously though I’m probably the only one but I like Ram more than Rem (Echidna and Elsa as well tbh) Whenever she verbally destroys Subaru it makes me lol

It has nothing to do with fate series

Is it good ?

The Gintama creator was very anti fanservice so you're more likely to see Gin's booty than hers.

I don't really think it comes down to fanservice though. If Nezuko and Rem are considered top tier waifus then Kagura would be just as much of a candidate, but the weebs just aren't into her. That's just my n00b perspective though

read a bunch of manga lately

Blade of the immortal- I read like half of it awhile back but never went back to it. Decided to start again from the beginning. Really good read. The middle part where Manji is getting experimented on I felt dragged a bit but otherwise it was great. If you’re looking for something samurai related definitely recommend

Homunculus- id say most of it was good, it was pretty interesting delving into the MC and others lives, peeling all of the layers inside and out. Other parts I’m like “wtf am I reading” and felt like my family would disown me. I thought the ending was meh, not a big fan of open ended stuff. Especially considering since one of my favorite volumes was the second to last part. Really liked the art

Chainsaw Man- it was alright, lots of action. Pretty fast read due to that, only took a couple days. kind of reminded me of Dorohedoro but not as good (art/character wise, also more depressing) It’s supposedly getting an anime from MAPPA, I’m betting it’ll be the next big thing when it airs it has that appeal. Makima will make her presence felt in the “waifu wars” on that topic

New chapters that just came out:

Berserk- been curious about the SK/Flora connection for awhile, wish we would know more on that but Isidro had to interrupt and be a fucking weirdo. Then the moon kid showed up. solid cliffhanger to sit on for a few months

Vinland Saga- tears in my eyes. 179 chapters, going on for 15 years. probably longer than that in the actual story from the early chapters to this point.
We made it
0179-020.png

One Piece spoilers. Sounds full of action!!!

Korean source

Chapter is titled- "Yonkou Vs. New Generation"

Brief summary thanks to Redon-

- Kaido uses a new attack called "Great Wind". Zoro uses Enma against it (not mentioned whether to block/slice/counter it)

- Luffy uses a new attack called “*Gomu Gomu no Kong Rifle” (the one that korean leaker drew).

- New Kid attack called “Slam Gibson”.

- Law uses “Gamma Knife”.

- New Killer attack is called “Kamaa Sonic”, he attacks Kaidou with it.

- New Big Mom attack called “Indra” (lightning attack), she attacks Killer.

- Luffy uses “Gomu Gomu no Rhino Schneider”against Kaidou.

- Kaidou uses “Boro Breath” against Luffy but Zoro stops it with Kinemon's “Kitsunebiryuu:Homurasaki” and attacks Kaido with a Flying Dragon flametechnique (might be the one he used vsRyuma in ThrillerBark)

- Kaidou senses Oden in Zoro's sword.

- Big Mom uses a new lightning attack, lightning appears from everywhere.

- Luffy is not affected from Big Mom's attack, she asks why and Luffy says "Because I'm rubber".

- Kaidou hits Luffy with his “Bolo Breath” but it doesn't work.

- Luffy uses a new attack called “Gomu Gomu no Kong Gatling” against Kaidou.

Sketch from the provider

NO BREAK NEXT WEEK

Homunculus- id say most of it was good, it was pretty interesting delving into the MC and others lives, peeling all of the layers inside and out. Other parts I’m like “wtf am I reading” and felt like my family would disown me. I thought the ending was meh, not a big fan of open ended stuff. Especially considering since one of my favorite volumes was the second to last part. Really liked the art
Man, haven't thought of that series in years. God I hated it. It's feels like its written by a third year literary history major who mistakes "inscrutable" for "complex" and "pretentious" for "profound". Like they're the kind of person whose study has forced to read a lot of classic works and thinks that having read them gives him the ability write them.

One Piece spoilers. Sounds full of action!!!

Korean source

Chapter is titled- "Yonkou Vs. New Generation"

Brief summary thanks to Redon-

- Kaido uses a new attack called "Great Wind". Zoro uses Enma against it (not mentioned whether to block/slice/counter it)

- Luffy uses a new attack called “*Gomu Gomu no Kong Rifle” (the one that korean leaker drew).

- New Kid attack called “Slam Gibson”.

- Law uses “Gamma Knife”.

- New Killer attack is called “Kamaa Sonic”, he attacks Kaidou with it.

- New Big Mom attack called “Indra” (lightning attack), she attacks Killer.

- Luffy uses “Gomu Gomu no Rhino Schneider”against Kaidou.

- Kaidou uses “Boro Breath” against Luffy but Zoro stops it with Kinemon's “Kitsunebiryuu:Homurasaki” and attacks Kaido with a Flying Dragon flametechnique (might be the one he used vsRyuma in ThrillerBark)

- Kaidou senses Oden in Zoro's sword.

- Big Mom uses a new lightning attack, lightning appears from everywhere.

- Luffy is not affected from Big Mom's attack, she asks why and Luffy says "Because I'm rubber".

- Kaidou hits Luffy with his “Bolo Breath” but it doesn't work.

- Luffy uses a new attack called “Gomu Gomu no Kong Gatling” against Kaidou.

Sketch from the provider

NO BREAK NEXT WEEK

As a Zorro Stan , I'm creaming

The One Piece community on Twitter and Reddit has this unhealthy Zoro vs Sanji Debate and this this just adds fuel to the fire the more he gets featured, even though its Painfully Obvious Zoro is meant to be stronger since he is Rayleigh to Luffy's Roger.

As a Zorro Stan , I'm creaming

The One Piece community on Twitter and Reddit has this unhealthy Zoro vs Sanji Debate and this this just adds fuel to the fire the more he gets featured, even though its Painfully Obvious Zoro is meant to be stronger since he is Rayleigh to Luffy's Roger.
Well yeah. Zoro is the Vice Captain. When Luffy’s not around he’s the leader.

EOS he’s going to be the worlds strongest swords man. Don’t get me wrong Sanji is going to be a beast in the end too but Zoro will have leveled up a lot when it’s all said and done.

Well yeah. Zoro is the Vice Captain. When Luffy’s not around he’s the leader.

EOS he’s going to be the worlds strongest swords man. Don’t get me wrong Sanji is going to be a beast in the end too but Zoro will have leveled up a lot when it’s all said and done.

Random thought. I'm worried Luffy ends up Dying at the end of the Series to parallel Roger's Journey, I don't think it'll be an execution but he might give something up to give One Piece to the world, and Zoro will be left to reminisce about his Captain ala Rayleigh.

Random thought. I'm worried Luffy ends up Dying at the end of the Series to parallel Roger's Journey, I don't think it'll be an execution but he might give something up to give One Piece to the world, and Zoro will be left to reminisce about his Captain ala Rayleigh.
Damn that would be heavy.

But I see it being a joyful ending something like the whole crew celebrating as they find “One Piece”. Apparently the “One Piece” is real and is a treasure. But who knows?

I’m just kinda dreading when this series ends but will still be cheerful.

Don’t know, the thought of Zoro lost somewhere in a random bar pouring sake for his fallen Captain seems gloomy.

Dang. Zoro, Guts, and Takamura should all just have a random crossover sharing drinks.

Back