The 'angel' of Skid Row

looks tst,as opposed to explosive and athletic. or can you be both?

Id rather see a Hobo with a shotgun take out the filth......

The media usually chooses to focus on the very small (I mean incredibly minute) percent of police officers that don't hold up to the value and integrity of what a police officer should be. This has drastically warped the perception of so many people in this forum, that it's ridiculous.

It's good that they are finally showing the positive that the majority of police officers do.

If you think most cops are these knights of the round table like this guy you're a damn fool.

There are obviously decent cops and the decent ones certainly are the majority (in my observation). I have mentioned before that the LEOs where I live are nice folks.

Just as in society there are assholes, so to in Law Enforcement there are assholes. The problem is that the system all too often protects these assholes.

I don't think anyone reasonably expects all cops to be nice but people do expect accountability and justice just like when a civilian breaks the law, they are expected to be held accountable.

There are obviously decent cops and the decent ones certainly are the majority (in my observation). I have mentioned before that the LEOs where I live are nice folks.

Just as in society there are assholes, so to in Law Enforcement there are assholes. The problem is that the system all too often protects these assholes.

I don't think anyone reasonably expects all cops to be nice but people do expect accountability and justice just like when a civilian breaks the law, they are expected to be held accountable.

I totally agree, but people are far too eager to paint them all with the same brush. According to Google, there are 1.1 million people in law enforcement.

The media usually chooses to focus on the very small (I mean incredibly minute) percent of police officers that don't hold up to the value and integrity of what a police officer should be. This has drastically warped the perception of so many people in this forum, that it's ridiculous.

It's good that they are finally showing the positive that the majority of police officers do.
I'd say that it is far, far more common for the media, and americans in general, to glorify police officers. Cops are pretty much uniformly referred to as heroes which, frankly, has contributed to the devaluing of that label. No, not every cop (or soldier, or firefighter) is a hero.

It is only under egregious, or seemingly egregious, situations that we hear about police misconduct. It may also seem like bad cops are getting reported on more than in the past because the proliferation of cameras has decreased the ability of covering up misconduct, although accountability still seems lagging.

It's not the fact that only a small percentage of cops are really shit cops. It more has to do with the fact that most of the time, they should be charged criminally for what they do yet that doesn't happen. They get a couple weeks paid vacation and get to work a desk job whereas they should be fired and locked up.

I think that's what upsets people more: the no snitch/thin blue line.

sounds like a cop doing real policing. Walking around, getting to know the community, helping ppl, gaining trust etc

if that was the norm there would be alot less conflict between the police and the public.

sounds like a cop doing real policing. Walking around, getting to know the community, helping ppl, gaining trust etc

if that was the norm there would be alot less conflict between the police and the public.

There is no foot patrol in Skidrow or the majority of LA because LA is so spread out. Ideally, it's nice to do foot patrol to get to know the locals until you get a call to respond to a call 5 miles away and you are 2 miles from your patrol car.

The only foot patrol in LA is on Hollywood blvd or any places with heavy pedestrian traffic.

Back