• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social The American Society of Magical Negroes. Leftist racism on full display.

Looks like you were triggered hard by the thread. Calm down. Maybe recite your pronouns. It will be ok.
Nope, just enjoy shitting on soft men like yourself who are not even capable of witty or original thoughts. "Triggered" "Pronouns". I'm not even left leaning nor a registered Democrat. Swing and miss there, pal. But that is what happens when you are a mental midget only capable of winning imaginary arguments. Go ahead and open your word doc of witty lines to post against leftists, I'm sure your next post will be brilliant. Just make sure to wipe your tears first before you post.

Italian and Irish segregation is steeped in racism and rhetoric, not the other way around. Poor Irish and Italian farmers didn't come to this country and self-isolate from other whites, they were segregated just like other poor people are segregated and treated horrifically. My ancestors were treated so poorly in NY and RI they went all the way to California to try to find acceptance. The items you mentioned are also not racially based, they're ethnicity based and heritage based on country of origin of your ancestors. You could be any skin color you want if your ancestors were from Italy and Ireland. That's an important distinction that you try to sweep under the rug because everyone knows those are not white only establishments because that wouldn't stand in today's society. We both know that. It also fails to mention that Italians have a very broad range of skin tones and appearances, far more so than the Irish.

Faith was what caused my Irish great grandparents issues when they came here. Descendants of the English didn't like catholics. My great grandfathers family had to change their names, weren't free to worship, were subject to violence if they got too uppity. No one would hire them. My great great grandfather died of black lung from working in the mines out west.

For the Italians, their skin tone didn't matter because they had to live in a ghetto in Brooklyn with all the other sub white folks. The italians never really developed the victim mentality in my family, not that I saw anyway. The irish held on to it a little longer.

Thats what I am, Irish and Italian (one of my great grandmothers was Swiss). Mothers people were Italian, fathers were Irish. I've heard all the stories of what my people had to deal with when they came here. It destroys some people's narrative to think that people that look like me were once spit on, some people want to think they have a monopoly on oppression because its still their whole identity.

Have you ever seen the Chappelle show or Key and Peele? They make fun of black people all the time. Comedians make fun of black people all the time.

And conservatives do get offended all the time. What are you talking about? Of course they do. It's a constant bitch fest. My step dad watches Fox News and conservative media outlets and I have to endure him constantly bitching about everything and everyone to me.

People make fun of black people all the time in movies - especially ghetto ones.

BTW I'm Korean and have witnessed media content shitting on Asians constantly. When Jeremy Lin had that whole Linsanity thing happen, the newspaper literally had a frontpage headline saying "Ch*nk in the Armor."

And a whole bunch of countless times I've seen them being the butt of jokes in movies. I didn't constantly bitch about it. It's not that serious.

Well yeah, you're talking about black people making fun of other black people. The left is not going to cancel black people for making fun of themselves. They're going to cancel white people for making fun of black people but they won't cancel black people for making fun of white people. Hypocrisy. It just goes to show that they have justified racism toward white people as an okay thing to do. We've known this for a few years now and only recently is there a push back on this. I don't know why you're so upset about the push back.

I don't think that type of stuff about Lin is that serious either (although I wouldn't have printed a headline like that). A lot of my friends aren't white and while we have common interests, half the fun is us sitting around making fun of each other for how different we are. It's a huge part of what makes our friendships so entertaining.

You know very well if the line in this trailer was two white guys calling black people the most dangerous animal on Earth the left would melt down and none of you would be defending it.

Find me a single example of any leftist member on this board crying about a movie trailer like the women on here are doing.

I know a few black jokes if you want to hear them.
Sure, if they’re legitimately funny or clever. I think that’s the problem with this whole topic in general. I don’t get automatically offended or bothered by jokes involving anyone’s race, but it’s such a touchy issue that it’s hard to do it in a way that’s legitimately funny or clever.

I’m a big Dave Chappelle fan, but that recent special he had where he ranted about trans people for what felt like 45 minutes fell flat for me—not because I believe trans people are somehow immune from being made fun of, but because very few of the jokes actually made me laugh and felt humorous. A lot of it felt like it was coming from a place of spite, and that doesn’t really lend itself to humor.

I would guess that’s basically the real crime here with this movie—it just doesn’t seem funny. And in the same way that I wasn’t one of those liberals screaming for Chappelle to be cancelled, I wouldn’t scream for this to be cancelled either. It’s satire. It’s comedy. Laugh at it if you find it funny, skip it if you don’t.
Song of the South was a great flick thankfully no one got offended by it and got it canceled..........

It got cancelled because its racism wasn’t tongue-in-cheek. The racial elements weren’t satire, they reflected actual outdated, racist attitudes. In a sense it endorsed a racist viewpoint, it didn’t mock it.

Is it really surprising that people don't like being singled out over their race?
Not necessarily—but I think there’s a variety of factors to consider.

The first factor is what I’ll call “political.” Plainly, conservatives habitually deny that any sort of inequalities or discrimination exists—except against themselves. And that shit gets really old. Conservatives should expect the same indifference from us that we get from them when we want to talk about issues of race and inequality.

A second factor is who the object of ridicule is and who is ridiculing. “Being singled out over one’s race,” as you put it, has been comedy fodder for ages: think of the black dudes speaking jive in Airplane!, or basically the entirety of Blazing Saddles. But these were made by white filmmakers, #1; and secondly, in the case of Blazing Saddles, we of course had Gene Wilder playing the not-racist white guy, so it didn’t seem like all white people were being painted with a broad brush.

I find that when black directors deal with race, it makes a lot of white people quite uncomfortable. I believe I saw a comment or two about Spike Lee earlier ITT.

And if I’m being blunt, I think another factor is that this movie hits too close to home for some people. When Chappelle does his white news anchor character or whatever, it feels like neutral and safe comedy for us to laugh at. A black director making a film with black characters that tackle white undomfortability?? A lot of white peoples simply can’t handle that idea. But I think what Mel Brooks said still is true:

"It's OK not to hurt the feelings of various tribes and groups. However, it's not good for comedy.

"Comedy has to walk a thin line, take risks. It's the lecherous little elf whispering in the king's ear, telling the truth about human behaviour."
—Mel Brooks

Find me a single example of any leftist member on this board crying about a movie trailer like the women on here are doing.
if i never left my house, i’d go collect all the new movie & trailer threads from the past five years just to count every post that had some anti-woke wanker throwing a fucking tantrum over wokeness, diversity, and/or motives that are anti-men and/or anti-white

There are no movies like that. Thats the point.

they’re out there, we just don’t run to sherdog, tears stinging our eyes, to make a thread about them w/ rage bait thread titles & a whiny tantrum in the OP like gigantic pussies. this thread was basically dead on arrival because nobody gave a shit

they’re out there, we just don’t run to sherdog, tears stinging our eyes, to make a thread about them w/ rage bait thread titles & a whiny tantrum in the OP like gigantic pussies. this thread was basically dead on arrival because nobody gave a shit
You yourself called it "shameless garbage" in the link you provided.

You yourself called it "shameless garbage" in the link you provided.
yeah, and? i gave my honest review after i actually watched the movie

a novel concept, i know.

yeah, and? i gave my honest review after i actually watched the movie

a novel concept, i know.
I don' tsee a big difference in your critique and whats being said here, your thread just got less views.

There are no movies like that. Thats the point.

No. You just don't see leftists crying about trailers like this because they aren't dumb enough to confuse parody, with a genuine political stance.

Point is, you guys have a lot of excuses for why it's ok to start crying about stuff like this. But you can never find the equivalent of the leftists on this board doing the same.

Or to put it more simply: Do you not see the irony of a bunch of posters who constantly cry about snowflakes, acting like a bunch of fucking snowflakes?

Hmmm no. Films at that time played on all stereotypes (beside jews) ; black gangbangers, stupid rednecks, uptight wasp etc

It was an even playfield and everybody got made fun of, not the "(straight men) whitties are bad" nonsense that is basically the only prejudice tolerated on medias today.
Films played on all stereotypes but a common re-occurring theme was the black man who was bad at math or traditional academics finding success through some other quality. They still make that film.

And they still make fun of everyone in films today. What's happened is that the people who rarely were the butt of the jokes are more consistently the butt of the jokes and the people who were consistently the butt of the jokes have been more vocal when they disagreed with their portrayals.

But anyone who really watches a wide array of movies, including movies on BET or other such channels, will find stereotypes of black people alive and well without anyone going crazy over it.

Tyler Perry made a cottage industry out of it. I'm sure most people didn't give two shits that Tyler Perry heavily relies on stereotypes to drive his narratives and moralizing. I'm 99% sure that you don't give a shit and probably never even watched a Tyler Perry movie and felt that Tyler's "prejudice" was unnecessary, lol.

Nope, just enjoy shitting on soft men like yourself who are not even capable of witty or original thoughts. "Triggered" "Pronouns". I'm not even left leaning nor a registered Democrat. Swing and miss there, pal. But that is what happens when you are a mental midget only capable of winning imaginary arguments. Go ahead and open your word doc of witty lines to post against leftists, I'm sure your next post will be brilliant. Just make sure to wipe your tears first before you post.
You definitely aren't a conservative to immediately post that stupid shit.

No. You just don't see leftists crying about trailers like this because they aren't dumb enough to confuse parody, with a genuine political stance.

Point is, you guys have a lot of excuses for why it's ok to start crying about stuff like this. But you can never find the equivalent of the leftists on this board doing the same.

Or to put it more simply: Do you not see the irony of a bunch of posters who constantly cry about snowflakes, acting like a bunch of fucking snowflakes?

Lefties will cry over pronoun misuse but somehow you think they would be ok with a movie like this calling minorities dangerous animals lol.

You all trying to use the word snowflake is incredibly cringe. No where in my posts do I want to be catered to becase I am fragile. That is purely leftwing. That's where these words come from. You need "safe spaces" not us.

Back