Social The American Society of Magical Negroes. Leftist racism on full display.

IamStryker

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

I was told by people on this forum that anti white racism wasn't really a thing or a big deal. So explain how a movie like this gets made? The trailer for this movie has the following line,

What's the most dangerous animal on the planet? The answer? White people.

You guys know this is a comedy, a satire right? It’s a David Allen Grier flick.

Im not saying it doesn’t suck or isn't shitty or whatever, I dunno. I haven’t even watched the trailer.
I‘m just putting it out there that this isn’t a serious movie. The “most dangerous animal” thing is a satire, a joke.

I made the same thread almost word for word here back in 1991 after I saw the gentrification scene in Boyz in the Hood. He doesn't specifically say "white people", but I could tell that's what he meant and I did NOT appreciate it.

Im not saying it doesn’t suck or isn't shitty or whatever, I dunno. I haven’t even watched the trailer.
I‘m just putting it out there that this isn’t a serious movie. The “most dangerous animal” thing is a satire, a joke
And what would your reaction be if races were reversed? Something tells me you wouldn't be going "It's just a jokey comedy movie, guys."

Not that I think the movie is actually all about that racism. It honestly looks like a movie where black people learn to not judge so harshly, but still. You wouldn't be breathlessly leaping to the defense of it, if it was the "American Society of Magical White Boys", with a trailer that had Jim Carrey saying that the most dangerous animal on the planet was black people.

Your reaction would be something along the lines of "Animals! They're not even hiding it anymore". Surely you recognize your bias here.

I‘m just putting it out there that this isn’t a serious movie. The “most dangerous animal” thing is a satire, a joke.
Because we all know if it's a joke it always gets a pass right? A satire could be made today calling other races "dangerous animals" right?

Because we all know if it's a joke it always gets a pass right? A satire could be made today calling other races "dangerous animals" right?
Yes, I think a satire like that could be made. Shit, I’m surprised South Park hasn’t done it yet,

Anyway, I didn’t see anything about giving it a pass, or not giving it a pass.

I‘m just making sure we are all on the sam page ITT that this movie wasn’t meant to be taken seriously.

And what would your reaction be if races were reversed? Something tells me you wouldn't be going "It's just a jokey comedy movie, guys."

Not that I think the movie is actually all about that racism. It honestly looks like a movie where black people learn to not judge so harshly, but still. You wouldn't be breathlessly leaping to the defense of it, if it was the "American Society of Magical White Boys", with a trailer that had Jim Carrey saying that the most dangerous animal on the planet was black people.

Your reaction would be something along the lines of "Animals! They're not even hiding it anymore". Surely you recognize your bias here.
I don’t “breathlessly leap to the defense” of it now. I explicitly mentioned not watching the trailer. Truth be told, I barely watch movies.

I was just pointing out that it’s intended as satire, and like you said, I think the
”not judging so harshly” theme is probably the intended message. I strongly suspect that TS was unaware of the genre of film.

I don’t “breathlessly leap to the defense” of it now. I explicitly mentioned not watching the trailer. Truth be told, I barely watch movies.
That doesn't really make sense to you, does it? You haven't watched the trailer, and apparently have little interest in movies, yet, you came in here with the quickness to tell everyone to calm down over something you know nothing about. All because you saw "Leftist Racism" in the thread title, and it triggered you.

I repeat, surely you recognize your bias here...right?

man the usual snowflake racists are coming fast and full front on this one.

"leftists racism"

Thats a new one. Like an anti-semetic-jew

LMAO!!!

was it a joke when the Biden administration said essentially the same thing?

I might give it a watch when it’s put on streaming. Seems like a good role for David Allen Grier.

Just watched an old James Bond film that had a bunch of black people speaking jive and doing voodoo. It’s still a good movie. Movie. Like, entertainment. I recommend it. Tough to review off of a trailer, too.

<{cruzshake}>

Back