The #7 HW in the rankings takes 865,000 $.

Overeem is always in exciting fights. Tell me Im wrong!

He negotiated a hell of a contract. Not much else to say about it.

People complained about Hendo making 800k+ a fight too and I have no idea why.

Overreem is a legit veteran. It’s virtually impossible to be more well seasoned and traveled than this man. He’s been a professional MMA fighter for over 20 years, held belts in multiple promotions, was a champion kick boxer in K-1, and was a super star. The man, like Hendo is paid appropriately, if not underpaid a bit.

Reem is a timeless legend in the combat sports world. It’s nice to see guys who have competed at such a high level for that long getting the pay they deserve for the wars and moments they’ve given us fans over many years. We don’t have many of the old guard left and we should be happy for them getting their fat purses. If Reem hasn’t paid his dues I’d really like anyone to tell me who has.
This^

Top 10 HW for a decade. Remarkable longevity. Consider Chuck defeating him at lhw in Pride, which helped cement the UFC brand at the time (although Chuck got blasted by page later). Reem is still going, now at HW (shout-out horsemeat) making him one of the last pride era stars bridging the gap between fan generations. Highly decorated outside of the UFC and yet a reliable company man in all respects. Amiable, good with the press tour bullshit. Slower, perhaps weaker, still does not fear the KO. In my view he's getting shortchanged a bit with that fight purse.

You get paid based on what you bring in.

Nothing new in the world of combat sports.

when's the last time his pay was disclosed? He very well might not make that much now.

.. flat ... against a borderline top 10 fighter.
Where is the logic?
How much must the #1,2,3,4,5 take?

inbefore somebody says popularity.
Reem has been knocked out too many times to be a big star.
It’s a heavyweight Uber purse.
Overeem money

He signed the contract a long time ago genius, I see this dumb thread every time he fights

He’s not gonna get paid 800k on his next contract duh
actually i think he just renegociated his contract before his last fight

You don't think Bellator would gladly offer Reem the same if not more to fight in their promotion?

EDIT:

<WellThere>

im sure when that deal runs out bellator will be there to offer him someone else that the ufc will have to pick tp either match or let him walk.

height-kid630x354.jpg

Science

Mark Hunt was paid around and more than 1 million dollars several times. I think it is about how many people pay to watch you and Hunt and Overeem has been around for a long time.

Nobody pays to watch Overeem....

.. flat ... against a borderline top 10 fighter.
Where is the logic?
How much must the #1,2,3,4,5 take?

inbefore somebody says popularity.
Reem has been knocked out too many times to be a big star.
He signed the deal at the height of his powers he was full Ubereem on a year. Also why are you concerned to see a fighter get paid well???

Back