The #7 HW in the rankings takes 865,000 $.

Glad to see Reem reeling in the bucks. He has put himself in that position to earn what he is getting so I salute him.

He's fought 16 times in less than 7 and a half years

source.gif

T.c stfu hes getting paid and other fighters need to take notes , guarantee your stank ass tunes in everytime he fights

Overeem vs Pavlovich 860 k
Overeem vs Oleynik 865 k

That's 1,720 mill.

Easily the easiest, most-well paid fights in the UFC.

Everyone from Pride made mad deals with the UFC back in the day. Mark Hunt makes bank too

People complained about Hendo making 800k+ a fight too and I have no idea why.

Overreem is a legit veteran. It’s virtually impossible to be more well seasoned and traveled than this man. He’s been a professional MMA fighter for over 20 years, held belts in multiple promotions, was a champion kick boxer in K-1, and was a super star. The man, like Hendo is paid appropriately, if not underpaid a bit.

Reem is a timeless legend in the combat sports world. It’s nice to see guys who have competed at such a high level for that long getting the pay they deserve for the wars and moments they’ve given us fans over many years. We don’t have many of the old guard left and we should be happy for them getting their fat purses. If Reem hasn’t paid his dues I’d really like anyone to tell me who has.

Every post in the thread after this should just be quoting this post and leaving it for everyone to read over and over.

This 100%

You could be killed or brain damaged. It wouldn’t be worthwhile.
Oh cmon, Ngannou isn’t some comic book character...
I’ve been put on my ass sparring poly brothas his size, albeit not his skill. I’ve been knocked out and jaw wired for wayyyy less.
800,000 be enough to cover medical bills and some.

Honestly, the salaries released are "Estimates" or speculation based on past salary releases. Are they sure that he hadn't run out the duration of his last contract and got paid significantly less for this fight? Because I know the UFC is hoping to pay him much less as soon as possible.

.. flat ... against a borderline top 10 fighter.
Where is the logic?
How much must the #1,2,3,4,5 take?

inbefore somebody says popularity.
Reem has been knocked out too many times to be a big star.
He signed the contract a long time ago genius, I see this dumb thread every time he fights

He’s not gonna get paid 800k on his next contract duh

People complained about Hendo making 800k+ a fight too and I have no idea why.

Overreem is a legit veteran. It’s virtually impossible to be more well seasoned and traveled than this man. He’s been a professional MMA fighter for over 20 years, held belts in multiple promotions, was a champion kick boxer in K-1, and was a super star. The man, like Hendo is paid appropriately, if not underpaid a bit.

Reem is a timeless legend in the combat sports world. It’s nice to see guys who have competed at such a high level for that long getting the pay they deserve for the wars and moments they’ve given us fans over many years. We don’t have many of the old guard left and we should be happy for them getting their fat purses. If Reem hasn’t paid his dues I’d really like anyone to tell me who has.
Wow people in here complained h-bomb making that? He should’ve got more

And don’t like 99% people in here cry about fighters getting the shit end of the stick when it comes to pay? So why complain about legends getting that moolah?

I think a fighter like Overeem should’ve got and should be getting few mil a fight

You pieces of shit<CanYouSeeMeNow>

Alastair is a fan favourite, plus a legend of the sport. Let him make his $$$.

I'll say this (nothing to do with his pay) :
I cannot think of a UFC fighter that is more consistently laconic than Overeem.
And that's a compliment.

UFC should model themselves after MLB, NBA, NFL and NHL where the highest paid players are also the very best.

People complain when fighters DON'T get paid, then they complain when fighters DO get paid. WTF make up yo mind

Only on sherdog do people complain that the fighters don't make enough money, but then complain at the fighters who make a lot of money

Different people complaining.

Obviously.

Back